San Diego International

Orbxtreme

Hi, I decided to test San Diego International with the PMDG MD-11, which is quite demanding when it comes to FPS. I did not expect fantastic results, I just hoped it would work and it  did. So here are a few shots of the arrival of a Lufthansa MD-11 in the evening...

76401MD-11wingoverSanDiego.jpg

76402MD-11turningoverSanDiego.jpg

76403MD-11longfinaloverSanDiego.jpg

I am very happy with the scenery of that airport. Great buildings, lots of things to see but, with the MD-11 on final, it was not exactly time for an extended sightseeing...

76404MD-11onfinalwithsunsetoverSanDiego.

76405MD-11onfinalforSanDiego.jpg

76406MD-11overSanDiegorunway.jpg

76407MD-11landinginSanDiego.jpg

With 50 degree of flaps, it lands like a Cessna 150. Well, almost...!

76408MD-11slowingdowninSanDiego.jpg

76409MD-11slowingdowninSanDiego.jpg

There was nice AI activity that night, with another aircraft on final and few aircrafts taxiing. I even had to wait in order to avoid contact with a big carrier.

76410MD-11exitingrunwayinSanDiego.jpg

76411MD-11attherampinSanDiego.jpg

Finally one last view of the airport before I explore the area with something smaller. But since I heard that somebody would create San Diego International, I had promised myself that I would fly the MD-11 in there to test if it was still flyable with todays sceneries. And it sure is!

76412MD-11parkedinSanDiego.jpg

Cheers!

6 minutes ago, MARKH55 said:

wow nice pics is that with prepar3 or fsx

It is with FSX. This PMDG MD-11 was bought in 2010 and can only fly in FSX as the company does not support the product anymore (very sad because they invested a huge amount of work and money in the creation of that aircraft; I wish they would bite the bullet and support the customers but they chose otherwise):(.

9 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

very nice!! check the compatibility with SCA you have default airport objects :)

Matteo, I would like just a bit more explanation to see if my set-up is wrong without me knowing. I bought and installed SCA, which I find superb, so many airports now have been refreshed. But you say I have default airport objects. How can that be corrected?

2 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Matteo, I would like just a bit more explanation to see if my set-up is wrong without me knowing. I bought and installed SCA, which I find superb, so many airports now have been refreshed. But you say I have default airport objects. How can that be corrected?

Hi, you have to set compatibility option to SCA inside control panel ;) 

20 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi, you have to set compatibility option to SCA inside control panel ;) 

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's appreciated.

Matteo, I finally used that control panel and maxed out San Diego to see how it would look like, with SCA and all the options in San Diego. It's amazing. I will post few shots soon. I did not take chance and did not use the MD-11 on that flight, only the DH8 Virtualcol. But I know that the Majestic Q-400 Pilot and PRO edition borrow almost no CPU resources from FSX (due to the unique programming architecture) although they are possibly the most complete and complex aircrafts on the market at this time. That would be a super aircraft to fly there, when San Diego is maxed out with all options available, including SCA.

Archived