Iain's settings!

So today I tried again with John's advice, Patrick too.  I saved Iain's settings he posted the other day, set up the sim and changed the lighting section, and now I see how glorious his shots are in my sim.  I love how vibrant the colors are!  They have a warm and fuzzy look to them that I really like.  No wonder your shots are always so appealing Iain!

Here I have a mix of screens, some are my settings, "Jack" and others are "Iain".  You can probably tell the difference.

First thing to note is not one bit of difference in VAS.  The other is a huge difference in frames though.  But the most problematic is the washed out look of the sky.  If someone could enlighten me on how to remedy this I'll be a happy camper!

I flew from YSCB to YWOL and it was an outstanding flight.  In one of the first shots you'll see the plane all fogged in so I used Orbx's weather theme #4.  It was a great flight!

Ccw72xb.jpg

urfD79k.jpg

BGJ5Puw.jpg

Oops, no real weather for me today!

Jmw1q05.jpg

5Og1DCZ.jpg

Vum93NU.jpg

xeOr6PO.jpg

TN2M7Ij.jpg

3nkIjIE.jpg

bsv0lrB.jpg

LtZRKYv.jpg

sgg0hzF.jpg

PpMvstc.jpg

fU5LLOL.jpg

T1gh5CN.jpg

uaO0XCE.jpg

xo4aUJd.jpg

5PURAkM.jpg

I love this shot!

jeqbFvf.jpg

fab8AN9.jpg

NxfLzhz.jpg

Australia sure is beautiful, ain't it?

y7Mbzu2.jpg

UwJWXKI.jpg

sD36nCD.jpg

MvwZbwW.jpg

mKZB14e.jpg

7JLA3HS.jpg

oah12vz.jpg

WHyfQOm.jpg

oLdcrrD.jpg

7PZULfd.jpg

rS3W9z6.jpg

JfARA42.jpg

Y2dSAxw.jpg

Since this is a new plane for me and since I stalled on approach, you guys didn't really wanna see the "yard sale" I had on landin' did ya?

vL3PBLE.jpg

iFiZjwT.jpg

jZErLau.jpg

nobLjpz.jpg

Draw dropping shots Mr. Jack , I am glad you have found the "sweet spot" with your settings . Any luck yet with your issue at Alice Springs ? .

Cheers

John

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

Draw dropping shots Mr. Jack , I am glad you have found the "sweet spot" with your settings . Any luck yet with your issue at Alice Springs ? .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I did indeed find a sweet spot but how do I rectify the washed out look of the sky?  It looks too bright.

As for Alice Springs, well, I went to the Orbx folder as you said, found YBAS but didn't delete it yet, I wanted to fly.

I'll have to do it later today if I have the time.

So you're saying I should just delete that folder without uninstalling it via FTX first?  Then reinstall it?

I wanna get the sequence correct and thanks John.

Now, if I can only change the skies.....

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks John, I did indeed find a sweet spot but how do I rectify the washed out look of the sky?  It looks too bright.

As for Alice Springs, well, I went to the Orbx folder as you said, found YBAS but didn't delete it yet, I wanted to fly.

I'll have to do it later today if I have the time.

So you're saying I should just delete that folder without uninstalling it via FTX first?  Then reinstall it?

I wanna get the sequence correct and thanks John.

Now, if I can only change the skies.....

Try uninstalling via Central , then reinstall via Central . I was thinking of the old days when you deleted the folder and then reinstalled via the desktop .

John

Just now, BradB said:

Try uninstalling via Central , then reinstall via Central . I was thinking of the old days when you deleted the folder and then reinstalled via the desktop .

John

Roger that John!  Will try today if I get a chance.  Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great great shots, Mr. Jack. As much as I tease you with Norway, you tease me with Oz. And the more you show me, the more gaps I would need to fill...

Thanks Gerold!  I just bought two more on the sale, that makes, something like 19 or 20!  Holy cow, when will I have the time to fly them all????

Also, despite these being nice shots (thanks to Iain's settings) I wish someone would guide me in the right direction regarding the sky, don't you think it's kind of washed out?  I use a sky from REX, can't remember which one but I can look it up.  No idea what Iain uses.

Unless I can get a better sky I'll have to go back to my other settings.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Jack you can try my Rex 4 settings if you want search for em4.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!  I will try it today. No wonder your shots look so nice.  This is kind of like discovering KFC's secret recipe! B)

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Blue-chip set of shotz! Lovely landcape, airports and airplane!

Thanks Erik!

Hey Jack... I think (and Iain will correct me) Emmsie uses default shaders, so no PTA. If that's correct than I think its the high 'Bloom' levels in iain's settings that is combining with your PTA profile to bleach the clouds and highlights. You would have to go into PTA and look into the cloud lighting settings... there is an overall 'contrast' setting in there too, which you could lower. You may struggle to pull them back enough though.

Having said that the bleached look does look great in some of them, making the shots look more photographic.

36 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Since your shot is basically what's on the screen, why don't you try adjusting your monitor brightness and contrast - maybe color balance too?

I just tried this OnD, all I could figure out was to change the Gamma from 1 to 3 which looks good.

7 minutes ago, Taph said:

Nice set, good luck with sorting out your sky

Thanks Taph!

7 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Hey Jack... I think (and Iain will correct me) Emmsie uses default shaders, so no PTA. If that's correct than I think its the high 'Bloom' levels in iain's settings that is combining with your PTA profile to bleach the clouds and highlights. You would have to go into PTA and look into the cloud lighting settings... there is an overall 'contrast' setting in there too, which you could lower. You may struggle to pull them back enough though.

Having said that the bleached look does look great in some of them, making the shots look more photographic.

Right, Iain said he doesn't use PTA so nowI wonder if I should restore to originals.  I've been making some tweaks in P3D but I wouldn't even know where to begin with PTA, I let Adam Banks do that, he's ace at that kind of stuff and I'm like a deer in the headlights.

5 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Yes I don't use PTA.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain, that explains it now.  So now I have to figure out what to do.  There's about fifty gazillion configurations.

9 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

There's about fifty gazillion configurations.

I think the approach would have to be... start with Iain's P3D settings and then tune a PTA to add the aspects you like, while keeping a close eye on the lighting.

You could untick all the options in your current one, and add back in certain features, but its time consuming stuff.

I think Iain's style works so well because he doesn't use any additional shader changes.

Just now, Mark Abdey said:

I think the approach would have to be... start with Iain's setting and then tune a PTA to add the aspects you like, while keeping a close eye on the lighting.

You could untick all the options in your current one, and add back in certain features, but its time consuming stuff.

I think Iain's style works so well because he doesn't use any additional shader changes.

I wouldn't know where to begin modifying a PTA setting so I'll leave that alone.  I guess I could restore to before PTA and use Iain's settings.  I just made a flight and went to options almost every minute. :lol:

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just made a flight and went to options almost every minute. :lol:

Yeah :lol: It can become a madness... Tuning PTA's and ENB's etc. is more tedious and time consuming than flying... mostly. :ph34r:

Hi JAck if you wnt to try mine ?

before save your ShaderHLSL in root folders P3D

My setting in P3D

P3D-setting-HDR.jpg

for REX direct soft clouds, go to communnity at MAGNUM III at the last date

My Spec : Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, CPU AMD FX 9590 4.7 / 5ghz, ventirad NHD14  Noctua, Gygabite GTX980 G1 TI, ALIM ATX1200, 8giga MEM2400Mhz, 6 SSD 850 pro, + disque externe 2 tera, 3 écrans 24"...P3D, Antec NineHundred II .

and always depending of your components Spec Computer, for the setting

Have a good day

Patrick

Jack

Got Orbx Cairns, Broome & Alice Springs yesterday & headed off from Cairns to Alice in the 748 on AP.

Had to terminate to focus on 'to do' list around the house.

Amazed at how green parts of inland Oz is, always thought it was a dust bowl.:)

TTM

42 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Yeah :lol: It can become a madness... Tuning PTA's and ENB's etc. is more tedious and time consuming than flying... mostly. :ph34r:

I know exactly what you mean Mark!

1 minute ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

Got Orbx Cairns, Broome & Alice Springs yesterday & headed off from Cairns to Alice in the 748 on AP.

Had to terminate to focus on 'to do' list around the house.

Amazed at how green parts of inland Oz is, always thought it was a dust bowl.:)

TTM

Beautiful isn't TTM?  I just made another flight with all new Iain settings and I'm very pleased, will post in a few....

17 minutes ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi JAck if you wnt to try mine ?

before save your ShaderHLSL in root folders P3D

My setting in P3D

P3D-setting-HDR.jpg

for REX direct soft clouds, go to communnity at MAGNUM III at the last date

My Spec : Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, CPU AMD FX 9590 4.7 / 5ghz, ventirad NHD14  Noctua, Gygabite GTX980 G1 TI, ALIM ATX1200, 8giga MEM2400Mhz, 6 SSD 850 pro, + disque externe 2 tera, 3 écrans 24"...P3D, Antec NineHundred II .

and always depending of your components Spec Computer, for the setting

Have a good day

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I'm gonna print this out as well and give it a go.  Will be posting latest shots after major changes.

1 hour ago, Neptune6 said:

i make some screen with different MTO, day light , and water ... to KMRY

Very nice Patrick!  Please post the other two screens like Iain did.  The Graphics and and Scenery ones, if you get a chance.

I especially like #2, cool whirlybird, or as flyingleaf cracks me up with, "an upside down ceiling fan." :lol:

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Very nice Patrick!  Please post the other two screens like Iain did.  The Graphics and and Scenery ones, if you get a chance.

I especially like #2, cool whirlybird, or as flyingleaf cracks me up with, "an upside down ceiling fan." :lol:

Hi good day

where i take the exemple of LAIN ! 

here ? 

Patrick

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Something doesn't quite look right Jack, Two much brightness and washed out looking in some shots. A little adjustment here or there should do the trick my friend. :)

Thanks for being honest Adam, that is what I really appreciate here, people being honest but not mean.  You are so right, that's why when I found out Iain doesn't use PTA I reverted back and now it's better.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful experimental set Jack.

Hopefully it will all be worthwhile when you have it sorted.

Thanks Martyn, yup, you sen 'em by now...

4 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi good day

where i take the exemple of LAIN ! 

here ? 

Hi Patrick, thanks, yup, that's a great place to be sure.

5 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

FABULOUS, Jack, you absolutely nailed it!

By the way, do you have any tips on how to get rid of the wretched shimmering in the background of P3D scenes?

Best

Lucky :)

Thanks Lucky, I posted about this once and received a reply with a solution that worked.  I'll have to search for it.

Just found it.  Here's the link, good luck Lucky and let me know if it works.

On 19/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Lucky, I posted about this once and received a reply with a solution that worked.  I'll have to search for it.

Thanks a ton, Jack, am looking at the link now

On 19/5/2017 at 5:31 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, Jack, thanks very much, I made the setting and it seems to have almost completely eliminated the shimmering!!!

Best

4 hours ago, luckyb52 said:

Thanks a ton, Jack, am looking at the link now

Yes, Jack, thanks very much, I made the setting and it seems to have almost completely eliminated the shimmering!!!

Best

Excellent!  I'd glad I could help Lucky, hope to see some screenshots soon.

55 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

very nice  set of screen shots Jack regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart, this was before I removed PTA so it's a mix of PTA lighting and Iain's lighting.  They do look good looking at them again now, just for the sky but I like the soft glow effect and very vibrant colors.

Archived