A Dreamlifter for the Dreamliner

Orbxtreme

Hi, here is a quote from the Airliner World magazine from March 2017: "One of the most unusual types at Ted Stevens (Anchorage) are Boeing's 747LCF Dreamlifters. The four jets, operated by Atlas Air, make regular technical stops en route from Nagoya, Japan where they collect fuselage sections for the 787 Dreamliner, to the assembly lines at Paine Field, Everett and North Charleston, South Carolina".

The present virtual set is the flight from Ted Stevens airport to Paine Field...

62700DreamlifteratPANCweb.jpg

62701DreamlifterairborneatPANCweb.jpg

62702DreamlifteroverPANCweb.jpg

62703Dreamlifterandthemoonweb.jpg

62704DreamlifterovertheRockiesweb.jpg

62705Dreamlifterenginesweb.jpg

Paine Field in the background...

62706DreamlifterandEverettinbackgroundwe

62707DreamlifterandSeattleinbackgroundwe

62708Dreamlifterflapsdownweb.jpg

A light crosswind for the final 34. Winds were blowing 029 at 12G15.

62709Dreamlifterfinalincrosswindweb.jpg

62710Dreamliftershortfinalweb.jpg

62711Dreamliftertouchdownweb.jpg

62712Dreamlifterparkedforthenightweb.jpg

Airliner World provides great ideas for virtual flight. Hope you liked. Cheers!

Great shots.  I watch the real Dreamlifters pass over our house almost daily and you can't believe how huge they look.  I live a few miles south, under of the flight path of them when arriving/leaving Paine Field.

Cheers, Neil

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Unbelievable Francois and where did you get this beauty?  Really awesome bunch of shots.

Thanks Jack. When you buy the PMDG 747, there are also extensions that you can get. The Dreamlifter is one of them.

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Francois, I have the newest PMDG 747, is this for it or the original one?

Excellent question. I had to go on PMDG site to see what they offer today. Nowhere can I see an extension called LCF like the one on the present set. But they are talking about a converted freighter while giving it a different extension name in the Queen of the Skies II. The best solution would be to write directly an e-mail to PMDG to enquire about the possibility to acquire a LCF version. I've had mine since May 2013. The version of that one was named 2.10.0044. (PMDG 747-400X-LCF).

9 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Thanks Jack. When you buy the PMDG 747, there are also extensions that you can get. The Dreamlifter is one of them.

10 minutes ago, Orbxtreme said:

Excellent question. I had to go on PMDG site to see what they offer today. Nowhere can I see an extension called LCF like the one on the present set. But they are talking about a converted freighter while giving it a different extension name in the Queen of the Skies II. The best solution would be to write directly an e-mail to PMDG to enquire about the possibility to acquire a LCF version. I've had mine since May 2013. The version of that one was named 2.10.0044. (PMDG 747-400X-LCF).

Thanks Francois.  I reckon it's for the original 747 PMDG made then.  I don't know if Boeing ever built one of these on a 747-400 frame so if they didn't then I don't know if PMDG would do the same.  It is amazing in the sim though, I mean, it's absolutely huge! 

Archived