Vienna tour

Jack Sawyer

Yeah, I know, I know, but I like the way it looks so I bought it.  Has a couple of insects they'll probably work out but it's a fine plane.

So I decided to test her out over Vienna.

First, Orbx, Global, Europe L/C, not sure if I had Vector turned on or not, Trees.

AS16 off then on.

Adam's 21_11 preset.

FPS and VAS were outstanding, no complaints.

I have a lot of twins, the RealAir Duke, DO-228, Twin Otter, MV B55, Shrike, Antonov, so why did I buy this?  I like the way it looks.

And, I don't know if Carenado ever did this before but you can (and I did) lose an engine with over-torque, and I dropped the gear at too high a speed and I had a yellow unlock light.  No hangar like A2A but still quite surprised, oh, and no more "usual suspects" in the cockpit, two new pilots, one a "seasond citizen" like me.

Enough prattling, here's my screens of a beautiful LOWW area in all it's Orbx beauty.

I also bought an Orb Weaver, should have bought this a hundred years ago.  You can an almost unlimited number of commands.  Froogle turned me on to it in one of his videos.

lFgXmdK.jpg

Dt7uNta.jpg

This is default Orbx LOWW.  Pretty darned amazing if you ask me.  I had FlyTampa's LOWW but uninstalled it.  

yxDGjhd.jpg

Look at these beautiful fields!  I love it!

vY15nbV.jpg

Springtime in Vienna

qIguQk6.jpg

nsyGxaE.jpg

PXHdmP6.jpg

6Sy180J.jpg

2jc4ANH.jpg

20eJE4m.jpg

XEAdifx.jpg

sAyl7qY.jpg

cDofo8I.jpg

Awesome colors in this field.  I USED to know what the name of what they grew in those fields but I forget, but they look great don't they?

KKjdozX.jpg

5Sd4uwX.jpg

EP4fX00.jpg

M7NEktP.jpg

ji687RJ.jpg

357yQLH.jpg

HUubHQp.jpg

htYfz9o.jpg

8SJEYj4.jpg

love this!  No idea what these buildings are but they look cool to me.

kMsw6DA.jpg

This is beautiful.

CbEouyV.jpg

A rw Cheyenne pilot once told me that if you can master the Digital Aviation Cheyenne, you can fly the real thing. I have her since the good old FS9 days and I like this plane a lot. So now I am eager to know, whether this Carenado version can live up to it. Great screenies btw, Jack

6 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

A rw Cheyenne pilot once told me that if you can master the Digital Aviation Cheyenne, you can fly the real thing. I have her since the good old FS9 days and I like this plane a lot. So now I am eager to know, whether this Carenado version can live up to it. Great screenies btw, Jack

Thanks Bernd, she's a handful and can pitch up or down very easily.  I like it, I liked the way they designed the tip tanks too, on top instead of the ends of the wings.

Grandiose series of pictures! Did Filou borough his computer to you, because I must say your shots get better and better! I found those large buildings interesting too and found you would describe what they are, but it was really funny to read that you had no idea what they were too :rolleyes::lol:

1 hour ago, Bermuda425 said:

Grandiose series of pictures! Did Filou borough his computer to you, because I must say your shots get better and better! I found those large buildings interesting too and found you would describe what they are, but it was really funny to read that you had no idea what they were too :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks Erik!  I had to laugh, mine may be ok but FILOU's are extraordinary.  And I'm glad you got a chuckle about the buildings.  They're cool looking and I wish I could go there someday and have a look around.

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

That's a very nice set Jack, and a very smart looking aircraft.

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby, just bought it and it's a great diversion.

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Wow - What an amazing set of shots Jack , you and your family stay safe tomorrow down there in GA . :):)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  Yeah, the day before yesterday we had tornadoes, extremely severe thunderstorms and we lost power for hours.  I hiked today and there were a lot of trees down.  I've lived through three tornadoes down here, one tore my roof off the house!  We're in the southern tornado alley and this time of year they can get vicious.  My weather radio went off every five minutes, as well as the sirens outdoors, and my iPhone wouldn't stop alerting me.  It was a nail biter till the storm passed.  And tomorrow we repeat all the fine and pleasant misery.

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

Bright colorful shots Jack!

Thanks Orbxtreme! 

22 minutes ago, lixfeldt said:

Ahh Jack.. I see you sprung for the new one...make sure those rpm's are up on approach:huh:

Is that Vienna with just openLC Europe or am I missing something? and yeah, colors are great:P

Thanks! I had Global and Europe OLC going as well as trees, not sure about Vector.  Yeah, I couldn't help myself.  

Now to counterbalance the plane I need to buy one or two more Orbx's!  :P  It's like a good addiction.

7 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks! I had Global and Europe OLC going as well as trees, not sure about Vector.  Yeah, I couldn't help myself.  

Now to counterbalance the plane I need to buy one or two more Orbx's!  :P  It's like a good addiction.

Yeah but least its not like a drinking addiction Jack  ...  WAIT ...I poured a stiff one Sunday morning when LOWI surfaced:o

1 minute ago, lixfeldt said:

Yeah but least its not like a drinking addiction Jack  ...  WAIT ...I poured a stiff one Sunday morning when LOWI surfaced:o

:lol:  I had a couple of Amstel lights last night, does this count?  I had one for KSAN and one for LOWI.  And, I wonder what's gonna be released next?  I. CAN'T. WAIT.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  I had a couple of Amstel lights last night, does this count?  I had one for KSAN and one for LOWI.  And, I wonder what's gonna be released next?  I. CAN'T. WAIT.

Well Jack its TACO Tuesday and I haven't had my Margarita yet, but Ill bet it starts with an S and ends in a ... and its not Santa Ana:lol::lol:

Outstanding set of views from your flight Jack.

Beautiful new plane too, looks wonderful.

Some amazing sights on your journey and those fields as Adam said would be rape or as we  call it here in Oz, Canola. We eat the leaves when we can get it, very tasty too.

We could so with some more rain in Vic although parts Qld and NSW are under water at present.  I hope you all get through these tornadoes, must be dreadful sitting there waiting.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Outstanding set of views from your flight Jack.

Beautiful new plane too, looks wonderful.

Some amazing sights on your journey and those fields as Adam said would be rape or as we  call it here in Oz, Canola. We eat the leaves when we can get it, very tasty too.

We could so with some more rain in Vic although parts Qld and NSW are under water at present.  I hope you all get through these tornadoes, must be dreadful sitting there waiting.

Thanks Martyn, it is dreadful.  Canola oil?  I cook with that, if I'm not learning geography here I'm learning what the fields are sown in, I love it!  I never ate canola leaves, are they tasty?

You gotta admit, those fields are nice to look at.  Where I'm at all I see is hay for the horses.  It's the most boring place in the universe.

I'll try to be safe tomorrow as they're calling for F3 tornados, baseball sized hail, and 150 mile per hour winds!  

Rape seed's what they call it in Scotland - thought it was fields of broom (gorse) 'til I was informed.  That 'Cheyenne' certainly has the appearance of a winner - like the Miss America contest 'til they get to the questions and answers segment.

Great series Jack! :)

Yep, it looks like rape seed, we have it over here in the UK.

I have that particular Cheyenne, but find it a real handful to fly! Probably a reflection of my flying skills! :D

Splendid set of shots Jack.  We are thinking alike my friend.  I am departing for Vienna tomorrow for my VA, just landed at Dulles tonight and will be making my way to Vienna from there.  My Dulles pics will be up shortly....AWESOME shots bud!

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Rape seed's what they call it in Scotland - thought it was fields of broom (gorse) 'til I was informed.  That 'Cheyenne' certainly has the appearance of a winner - like the Miss America contest 'til they get to the questions and answers segment.

Thanks OnD.  So you think the Cheyenne is nice to look at?   It flys well and has some failures if it's not handled properly.  I like that.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Great series Jack! :)

Yep, it looks like rape seed, we have it over here in the UK.

I have that particular Cheyenne, but find it a real handful to fly! Probably a reflection of my flying skills! :D

Thanks Paul.  Rape seed is the consensus.  I have never seen it where I lived, I wonder how it affects people's allergies.  The plane can be a handful but that's what makes it a challenge.

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

4 hours ago, KVSandleben said:

It's indeed rapeseed. It is in bloom from mid of April to end of May.

Thanks Karsten!  It sure is pretty to look at in the sim.

2 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Splendid set of shots Jack.  We are thinking alike my friend.  I am departing for Vienna tomorrow for my VA, just landed at Dulles tonight and will be making my way to Vienna from there.  My Dulles pics will be up shortly....AWESOME shots bud!

Thanks Sammy, glad you like them.  What kind of plane you gonna be flying?  Must be a tube liner?

Archived