Fly fishing

Stillwater

I went with a friend out of Milford Sound, he would try to teach me fishing and I would try to practice landings.

2017-1-15_16-46NZMF.jpg
2017-1-15_16-47-20-370.jpg

Here we go, Lake Ada.

2017-1-15_16-49LakeAda.jpg

As usual, the beginners luck was with me, he did not get any catch.

2017-1-15_16-50-56-466.jpg

But where could we have the catch grilled...? The closest lodge seems to be the best option... so, up Arthur River...

2017-1-15_16-52-23-430.jpg

... uuups, that is a steep descend. Flaps out, canyon turn.

2017-1-15_17-0T004QuintinLodge.jpg

But here we are. Parked with a nice view of Sutherland Falls.

2017-1-15_17-1-38-335.jpg
2017-1-15_17-5SutherlandFalls.jpg

And now for the freshest fish & some cold white...

53 minutes ago, Bullfox said:

It would be possible to have animated fish leaping out of the streams in a few places with animated waterfalls etc. 

+1 - Wonderful shots Gerold from Milford Sound , you might think twice about going fishing after you view this video :

Cheers

John

Wonderful shots Gerold, I just found Quintin Lodge a few days ago quite by accident flying around those Milford Sound canyons, nice place.  I love cold and warm water fly fishing and that repaint, (Thanks to Richard Louis) is my favorite at the moment.

Wonderful shots Gerold and a great paint job on your plane.

Quite easy to cook your fish, just wrap it up in tin foil and find a suitable place (not plaice!) close the engine.;)

Just don't go flying to Wellington as it might get a bit overdone by the time you get there.

Not recommended though if you want to cook a Marlin or Tuna:o

Hi Folks,

Beautiful set... Yeah - used to fly fish when I was a kid - got busy with life and lost touch with it - have hopes to get back to it in my retirement when I get there... Funny - I love fishing but don't eat fish...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks for your compliments @amentiba, @RJ, @adambar and @Iain Emms!

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Awesome shots Gerold and I LOVE that fish on the tail.  Super cool!

Yes, the repaint from Richard is already enough for a series of screenshots, no need to fly any more.

17 hours ago, Bullfox said:

It would be possible to have animated fish leaping out of the streams in a few places with animated waterfalls etc. 

That would be nice... and we all know there were already some Orcas placed by Microsoft in the very beginning of FSX, so why shouldn´t it work?

17 hours ago, BradB said:

+1 - Wonderful shots Gerold from Milford Sound , you might think twice about going fishing after you view this video :

Cheers

John

Good that I did the fishing not from a boat, just from the plane.

Funny to see the bloke sitting in his chair while the other guys are running, working or in danger.

14 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Wonderful shots Gerold, I just found Quintin Lodge a few days ago quite by accident flying around those Milford Sound canyons, nice place.  I love cold and warm water fly fishing and that repaint, (Thanks to Richard Louis) is my favorite at the moment.

I intended to find the Lodge, but was surprised to see it that far below me after coming around the corner. Sometimes local knowledge can help in VFR flying...

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful shots Gerold and a great paint job on your plane.

Quite easy to cook your fish, just wrap it up in tin foil and find a suitable place (not plaice!) close the engine.;)

Just don't go flying to Wellington as it might get a bit overdone by the time you get there.

Not recommended though if you want to cook a Marlin or Tuna:o

You are right, that would have been the authentic "flying fish" after the fly fishing.

7 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Great set, I just love fly fishing

... and just by reading these comments I realize the double meaning of my post title. Accidental English I could call it.

7 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Great little strip with a challenging approach. Wel done Gerold.

Indeed it is. It did remind me of the (later released) PNG package.

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Beautiful set... Yeah - used to fly fish when I was a kid - got busy with life and lost touch with it - have hopes to get back to it in my retirement when I get there... Funny - I love fishing but don't eat fish...

Regards,
Scott

Thanks Scott, but... never get too busy with your life to enjoy it! And don´t shift desires to retirement age (you could still be elected for president at that age).

Archived