Connie at Friday Harbor

Jack Sawyer

Yep, the passengers said they wanted a short ride so I gave 'em one.

Ready for takeoff!

F0UwLzm.jpg

Throttle up!

3vjGoUP.jpg

You sure?  Yeah!  I'm sure!

6yWqDpw.jpg

I think I can, I think I can....

QS7H0VE.jpg

I know I can, I know I can...

6sQOwKv.jpg

I knew I could, I knew I could...

WVPMJos.jpg

Ladies and gentlemens, please notice the nice boats below to your right...

EbqM36R.jpg

Ok, now we're gonna land, I know but you said you wanted a short field flight!

Cs7LcfI.jpg

Sounds of delight, er, screaming...

a2LjIoD.jpg

Think we can do it folks?  I mean we can divert...

7Q2NKbE.jpg

Ok, here goes...

dW5RmBd.jpg

Ooohh, a little to the right, but can we stop in time?

J8rMKdf.jpg

Well, what do ya know?  We did it!

4hZLyI4.jpg

6 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

Beautiful shots Jack, sure is exciting to manoeuver with the Connie at Friday Harbour!

Thanks Orbxtreme!  Yep, it was fun.  Didn't know if I could do it.

6 hours ago, Kasi31 said:

Beautiful set and great flying skills Jack!

Thanks Kasi, it was a challenge, I just jumped in and went.

6 hours ago, JimNZ said:

Awesome photo's Jack.

JimNZ

Thanks Jim!

6 hours ago, hwh85 said:

That steep turn at low altitude is fascinating.

Thanks huh, I didn't know it she was gonna stall.

5 hours ago, RJ said:

Great takeoff and landing, Jack! :)

Thanks RJ, this bird wants to go!  Lifts off quickly.

4 hours ago, Voyager said:

Great flight over nice scenery.

Voyager

Thanks Voyager, it sure is nice, I love this area but it's not good on VAS.

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Jack what law firm do you use?  May I suggest Dewey, Cheatam & Howe!  Just in case one of your passengers on the Connie decide to take legal action! ^_^  Fine job on piloting and camera skills!

Roger, I'm rollin' laughing!  DCH, they knew what they bargained for.  They said it was better than a roller coaster ride.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Exciting flying Jack, some wonderful shots here.

You really have got the hang of the Connie.

Thanks Martyn.  It's a fun bird but put me in the GeeBee and that's when hilarity ensues because I do not have the hang of that one!

49 minutes ago, adambar said:

I think I feel a bit queasy after that flight Jack. :blink:  Great shots! :)

LOL!  Thanks Adam!  I imagine if I had VR it might have made even me queasy.

49 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Awesome shots, Jack!

I notice that you're getting some great FPS in a tough area for my rig - mind sharing your specs (processor speed, card, etc?)

I'm lucky if I can pull my locked 26 FPS here with my i7-6700 4.0Ghz and GTX 960.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll post them in a second.

It's a 2014 PC and a little long in the tooth now but hopefully will get a hardware upgrade this year.

4 GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Driver version 376.33

NV Inspector version - 1.9.6.5

Jetline Hellfire GT2 PC

Win 7 Pro 64
CM Storm Scout II Advanced case
ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Pro, Intel LGA 1150 mobo
i7 4790 Quad Core 4.66 GHz
Corsair Hydro H80i Liquid Cooling
8 GB Trident X DDR3 SDRAM 2133 MHz
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
500 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
500 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX 
750 Watt Corsair RM Power Supply
Saitek PZ44 Yoke & throttle - Yoke driver
Saitek PZ35 Pro Flight Rudder Pedals can't use driver
Samsung S27A550H Monitor
Buttkicker Gamer 2

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks huh, I didn't know it she was gonna stall.

Jack, here is a graph that tells you how much the stalling speed increases with the increase in bank angle. At 60 degrees of bank the plane will stall at a speed 1.4 times the stalling speed with the wings level.

AM-ST-FIGURE-2.jpg

8 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

The wingspan seems to fit the runway. But from the side it looks mighty heavy there on the airport!

Thanks Erik, it does, but that's the reason I did it, wait till you see what I have planned if I can only find the i=time.

6 hours ago, Guinea-Pig on Glideslope said:

Good job, Jack. As well the story line you linked to the pics. Thumbs up to your work. Sadly I just come to flying this weekend again
:-(

Thanks GPoGS!  Glad you liked it, and what do you mean sadly, you fly for real?  I'd be glad!

3 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Great -fun- set Jack :D

Thanks Mark, what's life if you don't have a little fun now and then.

1 hour ago, hwh85 said:

Jack, here is a graph that tells you how much the stalling speed increases with the increase in bank angle. At 60 degrees of bank the plane will stall at a speed 1.4 times the stalling speed with the wings level.

AM-ST-FIGURE-2.jpg

Thanks hwh!  I wasn't paying attention to any of that as I should have been.  I just got the engines quick started and went.  Didn't even do a load-out.  I just wanted to blast into the sky for fun and to see if it could be done.

3 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Indeed... however, when you launch Jack Sawyer Airlines..... I won't be on your passenger list :lol:

Hey! :lol:  The plane was beefed up with triple doublers, we have JATO's for assisted takeoff in case we need it and have all the amenities you could ever want like stale little bags of peanuts, and cramped seats.  Who could ask for more?

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I just got the engines quick started and went.  Didn't even do a load-out.  I just wanted to blast into the sky for fun and to see if it could be done.

Hey Jack, I do that all the time. The first time I decided to fly the default 747 I crashed and burned for the same reason. Great pictures, you must have been having a ball. Keep it up mate. Cheers, Les (hwh85, stands for health, wealth and happiness, the 85 will have to change to 86 on the 17th January)

Hello Jack,

Well, family has packed me with task s this week. I am not happy about it, but you know how life can be... :-)

Concerning real life flying. Well hopefully yesssss, but that will be decided on January, 17, this year. Things look good so far, that I can board a plane as passenger again at minimum.:-) But anyway, for sim flying it works.

But I also have to confess, that I am just a passionate non - real - life - aviator with the luck to have a good friend being A320 pilot here at EDDL.

That is the reason why I also decided to stick to Airbus, instead of flying different aircraft. I like to understand the things I am doing in it's technical and scientific way. Doing plenty of stuff at once would just confuse my old mind... Chuckles

Thanks hwh!  I wasn't paying attention to any of that as I should have been.  I just got the engines quick started and went.  Didn't even do a load-out.  I just wanted to blast into the sky for fun and to see if it could be done.

Archived