Shit happens

bernd1151

You watch a TV documentary of the Yukon territory and think to yourself that this would be a great area to further explore by plane. So you fire up your flightsim, select an airport in your desired location and want to go flying. In this case the default plane that loads with P3D is a Carenado C-172 with the engine running. You select a more appropriate plane, which is an An-2 with Yukon livery. And then, while the simulator loads your plane, you get distracted and walk away from your computer for a few minutes. And when you come back you see this unfolding right in front of your eyes.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Lesson learned. Next time I will start the An-2 properly from cold and dark ;);)

Bernd

I have a modicum of experience with this aircraft.:)

Although I read somewhere to take off with oil cooler shutters & cowl flaps closed, then open them, I always crack the oil shutters 10% & the cowl flaps 20% or so, as soon as the cockpit is available on a hot start. Then open them to 60% & 70% respectively once in the air.

If its any consolation I managed to set the engines on fire on a C-47 at Dubrovnik.:huh:

TTM

yeah, distractions a killer.  I forget that my throttle isn't closed all the way and Ill come back to see my aircraft bouncing through the woods. glad theres a 'reset'.  I watched a documentary on the Colorado Rockies and it sent me looking for the Great Sand Dunes but its unfortunately not there. maybe its my mesh.

Thanks for consoling me gents. Next time I'll be more careful, promised :):)

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

BTW - where did the repaint come from??
Looks good.

TTM

1 hour ago, Mikelab6 said:

+1

I did it myself a few days ago, but haven't uploaded it anywhere yet 

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Bernd

I have a modicum of experience with this aircraft.:)

Although I read somewhere to take off with oil cooler shutters & cowl flaps closed, then open them, I always crack the oil shutters 10% & the cowl flaps 20% or so, as soon as the cockpit is available on a hot start. Then open them to 60% & 70% respectively once in the air.

If its any consolation I managed to set the engines on fire on a C-47 at Dubrovnik.:huh:

TTM

+1 - I have done this many times myself with dear sweet Anna  , then I read the manual . :angry::lol:

Cheers

John

Archived