Flight Sim Store a bust

jfmitch

Seems the Flight Sim Store can't keep up the pace.  Been trying to log on for an hour to purchase the latest ORBX product North America and wheels keep spinning.  With a fibre optic connection normally its bang bang.  Disappointed.

Jim

Hang in there, Jim. I'm right there with you. I think the demand for Open LC NA is much greater than expected, and with the release occurring on a weekend while the US & Europe are awake is just making it more difficult.

I've waited a year for this one, so I can certainly wait a few more hours (or days).

John

Hi All feel exactly the same, was on FSS less than 10 mins after file went live brought it straight away and I have only managed to get the 4 files in the last hour. Cant wait for the OrbX store, please invest in decent load balancers lol

Paul

As always, patience is a virtue... I'm currently in a zen-like state, flying in top down view, taking screens of my favorite locations with standard LC to compare later...

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM........... 

"SERENITY NOW!!!"

Guys, hang in there... This release is a record breaker for us and we've underestimated demand, so apologies for the hiccups. Try again tomorrow and you should be ok.

I hope all the discounts are kicking in regardless.

Finally, a big THANK YOU for your support of Orbx products, we really do appreciate it!

John, see my comment in the other demand thread.  You are absolutely right to frame this as Demand/Capacity issue.  Learn from this

All the best to you and your efforts to grow. And if you can and will review my purchase history and notably the past few days (three regions to go with PNW:  1.SoCal, 2.NW Fiords, 3.SoAlaska And two Airports too)

I will continue to vote with my dollar, but you will have to continue to earn my confidence, and that is not an unreasonable request at all I think.

Cheers,

Braum

3 hours ago, John Venema said:

Guys, hang in there... This release is a record breaker for us and we've underestimated demand, so apologies for the hiccups. Try again tomorrow and you should be ok.

Finally, a big THANK YOU for your support of Orbx products, we really do appreciate it!

Thank you guys!!!! Have other duties today anyway. I did get in long enough to purchase and received the discount. Will try again tomorrow for download.

5 minutes ago, Wolf2grey said:

Thank you guys!!!! Have other duties today anyway. I did get in long enough to purchase and received the discount. Will try again tomorrow for download.

Same here. Maybe I'll try to download in the wee hours of the morning...

Tuesday morning! He-he!

6 hours ago, Braun said:

John, see my comment in the other demand thread.  You are absolutely right to frame this as Demand/Capacity issue.  Learn from this

All the best to you and your efforts to grow. And if you can and will review my purchase history and notably the past few days (three regions to go with PNW:  1.SoCal, 2.NW Fiords, 3.SoAlaska And two Airports too)

I will continue to vote with my dollar, but you will have to continue to earn my confidence, and that is not an unreasonable request at all I think.

Cheers,

Braum

Hmmm, 

Seems to be somewhat  a bit of a harsh statement coming from someone with only 15 posts.  I think that everyone here gets it, the excitement to be able to download and test a newly purchased product. However  there are hundreds of other members here that have purchased every single product Orbx has created and I don't think any of them would have  presented  a "tone" of such nature.  Orbx's  creator and staff are helpful, accommodating, innovative, creative, as well as humble enough to apologize for missing the mark.  I really think we should give honor where honor is due  in this instance as opposed to portraying an attitude of grandeur than others.

Respectfully,

Gary

Please don't berate forum members for their frustration.

openLC NA has met with unprecedented demand even I did not predict, so the FSS servers are getting absolutely hammered.

I can assure you all that we will be able to facilitate everyone's downloads over the coming week, and yes, we are investing in new online store infrastructure that will alleviate issues such as today's. Please accept my apologies.

I was able to buy it but might not be able to downoad it until I get my new place, may see if the bro-in law will let me download it to a thumb drive on his pc hooked directly to the modem, he is getting like 75mbps, out here on wifi in the cabin I get 29kbps, lol

5 hours ago, Wolf2grey said:

CDN-1 was working pretty well by the time I had finished.

TTM

2 hours ago, John Venema said:

openLC NA has met with unprecedented demand even I did not predict, so the FSS servers are getting absolutely hammered.

Wow, must be shaking the Fsim world. I was lucky enough to get all four parts downloaded overnight and with just a few attempts needed to register when I ran the install all 18Gb are ready to go and so am I. I may be missing in action for a while. Well done Orbx.

I bought it, but getting nada at nearly 6pm NZ-time ... so I put a calendar reminder for Friday night ... no biggie.

Thanks to John and all the guys on this one ... ironically this is a "support" purchase since my world flight currently working up through Scotland so won't get to flying the US for ages.

Maybe I'll go take a quick peek at 'landmark' areas ... just so I can tell the Wife I did indeed use something I bought!  :)

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

CDN-1 was working pretty well by the time I had finished.

Thanks for the tip! Instead of waiting a few days with 124KB/s, the downloads come in at a great speed of 2.72MB/s. Another half an hour and I'm finished downloading!

Well glad for you bernd1151 but I have just tried on the UK server and well it started to download but and said between 5-6 hours, kept at it hoping it would pick up but no go, so I cancelled it and deleted it from Internet download manager incase of any probs later. Think will try again in a couple of days. Not your fault John, your dam scenery is just too good. Meant that in a nice way, it looks absolutely fantastic. Derek. 

You're welcome! This release is kind of like what happened at the famous Woodstock music festival in 1969. The promoters were expecting about 50,000 attendees at best, and close to 500,000 showed up! But, then, as now, it all worked out in the end!

Questo messaggio c'est envoyé von meinem iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived