Just the one from me - unusual!!

Adam Banks

To celebrate FSFiles coming back online (thanks, Jay!!!), here's just the one - NZ1078 near NZWR (Whangarei):

1078_nzwr_01_779_1350.jpg

I've said it many times before, but don't mind repeating: ORBX FTX NZNI (and NZSI) are absolutely stunning. Pure New Zealand - captured so perfectly - with so much *atmosphere*.

Adam.

Yes! Drat - I've been rumbled! I just discovered PTA (P3D Tweak Assistant) - based on the Realism Shader Pack (which doesn't want to work with P3Dv3):

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489018-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta/

http://1coder.ru/PTA/

I was hoping to keep it a secret (hahaha) ... but it's an *excellent* tool - worth sharing!

Adam.

Thanks for all the comments, folks! I must admit I find myself doubly "blessed":

1) To live in New Zealand in RL.

2) To have the *whole country* se well represented in FTX.

The "countryside" is so very different to any European equivalent. It can be classically breathtaking yet raw and wild at the same time. Though a small country, people regularly get lost in it. There are still aircraft that went missing decades ago that have yet to be found.

I suppose you could say it's a mix of Alaska and Southern California - with water all around it! Whatever it is - it's hard to keep that finger off the "V" key!

Adam.

Adam,

You have just hit the jackpot (better go out and buy a lottery ticket).  You get two likes from me.  One for your picture, and the other for the link to P3D Tweak Assistant.  I love it that we all can help each other and share in this forum.

May the Force be with you!

25 minutes ago, JS07 said:

I have those areas, what were your coordinates?  Do you remember?

I'd like to have a look there too.

Without going into the sim, I can tell you ... roughly. Take off from NZWR and head out almost directly eastwards (maybe hdg 110), past Whangarei Heads towards the sea. I think it may have been the Taurikura Peninsula. Wherever you go around there it's very photogenic!

Adam.

3 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

Without going into the sim, I can tell you ... roughly. Take off from NZWR and head out almost directly eastwards (maybe hdg 110), past Whangarei Heads towards the sea. I think it may have been the Taurikura Peninsula. Wherever you go around there it's very photogenic!

Adam.

Thank you Adam, very nice area.  I can't wait to have a look, it's so scenic.

1 hour ago, JWxTreme said:

Excellent picture Adam.  I want the Realism Shader also, but I'm afraid it will conflict with my P3D v3. 

Don't use RSP - go for the P3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) instead. Not only does it have many more features, it's fully compatible with P3Dv3.3.5:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/

Adam.

8 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

Don't use RSP - go for the P3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) instead. Not only does it have many more features, it's fully compatible with P3Dv3.3.5:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490178-prepar3d-tweak-assistant-pta-screenshots-presets/

Adam.

Thank you Adam. I actually saw your posts over on AVSIM last night. I read through the Forum about PTA, and downloaded.  Now I just need to play around with it and experiment.  Thank you so much for this valuable tip. :)  I also checked out the forum there that you set up for the presets and screenshots.  This will be incredible!

I have tried PTA but I keep getting these errors.  I can't post anything on AVSIM since I'm new and just signed on.

ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

I tried the suggestions, downloaded backup files from DropBox, deleted ShaderHLSL Cache, even did another P3D set up and repair.  I still get these error though.

12 hours ago, JWxTreme said:

I have tried PTA but I keep getting these errors.  I can't post anything on AVSIM since I'm new and just signed on.

I tried the suggestions, downloaded backup files from DropBox, deleted ShaderHLSL Cache, even did another P3D set up and repair.  I still get these error though.

It's definitely worth signing on to Avsim.

Your error may be because your original shaders have already been "tampered with" by previous shader edits (maybe RSP?). Note: you shouldn't really mix PTA and RSP (at least not until you have everything working). I think the Dropbox files may be P3Dv3.2 - not P3Dv3. Also - be careful not to confuse ShadersHLSL (P3D root) with your Shaders cache (users/ .... /Shaders).

Try backing up the *contents* of P3Dv3/ShadersHLSL (not the folder) then re-run all three of the *.msi installers. I forget which is actually the one you need, but running all three won't do any harm. When you've done all that, *then* delete your users shaders cache.

If all that fails, one suggestion is to temporarily install P3Dv3 to a totally different PC but not activate it. Then copy over the ShadersHLSL from there.

Adam.

Thanks for your feedback Adam.  I have never used any other shader edits such as RSP before. That is what is odd.  I just recently downloaded and started using P3D, as I am new to P3D. I will try the re-run of the msi installers.  

On June 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM, Adam_NZ said:

To celebrate FSFiles coming back online (thanks, Jay!!!), here's just the one - NZ1078 near NZWR (Whangarei):

1078_nzwr_01_779_1350.jpg

I've said it many times before, but don't mind repeating: ORBX FTX NZNI (and NZSI) are absolutely stunning. Pure New Zealand - captured so perfectly - with so much *atmosphere*.

Adam.

Adam, yesterday I went to the same exact spot and mine looks similar, I have those Orbx areas and applied Ben's patch but how in the word do you get it to look so real?

You're using P3D right?  Same here.  Do you edit the screenshots?  Do you have any special shaders or whatever they're called?  Do you use HDR, I don't.  If you do what are those three numbers?  How do you get the water greenish?  Do you sue REX?  I use it only for both cloud sets and lightning.  I'd love to get mine looking like this.  I have been waiting for a chance to go there and compare.  To me this shot looks like a photo.

I use REX for sky and water (not sure what the theme is, as I set it up years ago and never fiddle with it). However - I find REX clouds (even with "Soft Clouds") exaggerate the awful P3D cloud shaders, so I use my ancient FEX for them. Again - it's some old theme that I don't mess with any more.

The big difference may be my recent use of PTA (P3D tweak Assistant). A lot of my more recent posts mention it and have links. I hate HDR mode - and never use it. I tried Reshade, SweetFX and all that, but could never find what I would call "realistic" settings. PTA gets me a lot closer to that - and quicker.

As to editing, I hardly do anything other than just composition: straightening and cropping. I grab using DSR mode at 4x, which gives a huge original that scales down well - without any loss of detail. I sometimes apply a tiny bit of sharpening to foliage areas, but never to the aircraft itself. To be honest though - like in RL photography - a lot depends simply on choosing the best time of day: avoid mid-day. I often "cheat" by pausing the sim and using P3D's "Time Preview" function to see if anything nice happens to the lighting. In FSX, I used to mimic that by going into SLEW mode and bumping up the sim rate - great also for getting bothersome clouds out of the way!

Adam.

Archived