FTX EU Germany North - Factories, Bridges and Windfarms

Simply fantastic work! Just to ask, due to my preference flying retro over Germany, will there be an option to disable the windparks? Sorry for that special question but growing up with retro jets landing at former RAF Gütersloh, it's fun to take-off or land with Vulcans or Harriers in the 80s. Thanks for informations!

I believe it is! To my question if Hamburg will receive the HD version as the second largest city in Germany, Sascha replied that the biggest city will be in detail. So let's call it cityscape :)  Hamburg is on hold so far and hopefully one day replicated as well.

cheers,

Axel

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 6:27 PM, Harrier said:

Simply fantastic work! Just to ask, due to my preference flying retro over Germany, will there be an option to disable the windparks? Sorry for that special question but growing up with retro jets landing at former RAF Gütersloh, it's fun to take-off or land with Vulcans or Harriers in the 80s. Thanks for informations!

Just going 'off-topic' for a moment, but was you aware that a (now defunct) UK based group of freeware designers called the A.C.G (Airfield Construction Group) released a retro version of RAF Gutersloh, complete with ai harriers? If you wasn't (aware) then it should be out there in the public domain, somewhere. The original version was for FS2004, but it was latter patched for FSX compatibility. My father-in-law was based there, so it was a 'must have' for me!

Hi Mike,

of course, the scenery was done by me and Pete Beeby, formerly designing for ACG but after site's closure I am currently working on a FSX version. That's also the reason for my windparks request.

If you are interested in further details (lots of stuff about real RAF Gütersloh) or screenshots, just send me an email (>Harrier>profile>contact methods)

Hi Harrier.

So, I pointed out the existence of an addon scenery to the guy that made it! I feel rather silly now! :D Oh well, others may have benefited from the hint that such a scenery exists. Hey, Its good to hear that a native FSX version of Gutersloh is in the works!

My father-in-law served there before the Harrier era (I believe). It was 1973, and his trade was more associated with the Blackburn Beverly and the  'Argosy'. My wife was living there too, but obviously more interested in 'Discos' than Vulcans at the time! We both live within earshot of RAF Marham now, so its good that the A.C.G did that one justice aswell (I much preferred the Canberra and Victor tanker era).

The main thing about Gutersloh that has always intrigued me is this: My Father-in-Law was a die hard sceptic when it came to the Paranormal. However, he maintained to his dying day that the barracks at Gutersloh was the one place that shattered his scepticism to the core! He spoke of heavy boot steps resounding along the corridors, shouts and screams that turned him and his fellow squaddies cold. Echoes from the past, or simply a case of too much Heineken? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Will I be able to buy and install The new full Germany packages with the old  FTX Central 2 ,

as I do not want the latter  FTX Central with migration on my computer .

Cheers

Karol

Hi Sascha,

just got down in EDDB and I remebered that this was made by LimeSim and 29Palms. I saw that very large photo/aerial-ground there that doesn't fit to openLC EU very well and I wonder if there is any chance to modify this to fit better into the upcoming Germany?

Kai

Archived