35% OFF EVERYTHING until Jan 1st - V3 installers info

John Venema

Hello everyone,

This year we've decided to have a "Black December" sale meaning we begin on Black Friday and finish on January 1st.

What does this mean for all our products not yet ported to Prepar3D V3?

Good news actually. All our 115 products will have P3Dv3 installers made over the next few months, basically as fast as Ed can compile them! So definitely don't miss the opportunity to snaffle bargains this December and simply 'park' them in your FSS account until the updated V3 installers are announced.

Ed has almost finished all the FTX Regions and now that ObjectFlow for V3 is available you have already seen 3-4 airports released for V3 with a ton of them on the way soon. All brand new Orbx products will of course be V3 quad installers out of the box.

Note that we're taking the unusual step of applying the sale discount to a selected few *brand new* releases such as KFOT Fortuna and KFHR Friday Harbor! This is just to thank all of you for your custom over 2015.

Enjoy the sale, and thanks so much for your support!

That is a nice gesture however it did not work in my case. I purchased it today and did not even get the customary Seniors discount.

1 x Orbx - FTX: NA KFOT Rohnerville Airport (ORB-109) = AUD$26.35
Delivery Option Instant Download
License Type Regular End User
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $26.35
Total: $26.35

Delivery Address
Rolf Spangenberg

That is a nice gesture however it did not work in my case. I purchased it today and did not even get the customary Seniors discount.

1 x Orbx - FTX: NA KFOT Rohnerville Airport (ORB-109) = AUD$26.35

Delivery Option Instant Download

License Type Regular End User

Sub-Total: $26.35

Total: $26.35

Delivery Address

Rolf Spangenberg

Sure you did, otherwise you would have paid $32.95.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

I prefer to wait a bit, then to pay a second time for new P3DV3 licenses...!

And ORBX has released nearly all the basic stuff like Global, Vector, OpenLC and regions within a very short time. And now as object flow is V3-ready, I guess, we will get the airports soon...

Just my two cents...

This is great timing for me. I only recently discovered the joys of modern flight simulation in the last couple of months. I've now taken the plunge on the FTX Global components and am impatiently awaiting the downloads to finish. Knowing that the sale will run through to the end of the year, I expect several regions will make their way into my collection in the near future as well.

I did have one question regarding the updating to P3Dv3 installers. Is it possible for some or all of the freeware packages will get the v3 installer treatment some time after the paid products have done so? I've tried some of them in FSX-SE and I think there's some really wonderful stuff there that I would love to see make its way to P3Dv3 in due course. I can appreciate that it's probably a rather low priority for everyone, especially existing owners of all the yet to be updated paid products, but it would be a shame for so much of that content to be lost to obsolescence.

6 hours ago, Avidean said:

I bought a bunch of ORBX stuff on sale as much as 19 or 20 months ago based on the promise that they would be updated to V2. Now I am waiting for the V3 Installers long after I gave up on the V2 installers which have yet to be released! :-/

Any products that have not yet made their way to Prepar3d v2 still will, with the v3 installers as well. 

35 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Where have we said that there would be no sales this year?

Not that it really matters, but I was wondering the same thing....I actually expected some sort of sale during the endless holiday season....and you folks delivered, thanks.

Name one FS publisher who has committed to creating V3 installers for 115 products in a short space of time at no cost to customers and we'll cop criticism on the chin. However as it stands we are (again) devoting enormous time and resources to doing this for free so please do take advantage of the sale and you'll be rewarded.

As I said earlier the V3 installers will come in quicker succession this time around because there is minimal work to do other than an installer recompile. The hard work has already been done in the V2 ports, which we did 109 of, not a bad effort :)

right you are, John, very right!

I just bought seven airports in the sale and now I think I'm complete (I must take time to keep my signature actually). It's a great pleasure everytime to fly in these sceneries and it relaxes me a lot after coming home from work. Like you said, I'll park my sceneries in my cloud and I'm looking very forward to use them in V3.

Kai

Thanks to all at ORBX for yet another sales season that allow us to expand our libraries of software and where the free update to quad-installers shows how an excellent long-term investment your products are. Hope Ed will find time and energy to tackle the freeware/demo softwares too after the holidays, though updating the current catalogue of products must be a pile of work in itself. The added news that even Friday Harbor will be included when released in 2 weeks is just brilliant! Although still early, I wish you all very happy holidays and a flying start to 2016.

Archived