35% OFF EVERYTHING until Jan 1st - V3 installers info

John Venema

On 11/26/2015, 7:46:56, John Venema said:

Hello everyone,

This year we've decided to have a "Black December" sale meaning we begin on Black Friday and finish on January 1st.

What does this mean for all our products not yet ported to Prepar3D V3?

Good news actually. All our 115 products will have P3Dv3 installers made over the next few months, basically as fast as Ed can compile them! So definitely don't miss the opportunity to snaffle bargains this December and simply 'park' them in your FSS account until the updated V3 installers are announced.

Ed has almost finished all the FTX Regions and now that ObjectFlow for V3 is available you have already seen 3-4 airports released for V3 with a ton of them on the way soon. All brand new Orbx products will of course be V3 quad installers out of the box.

Note that we're taking the unusual step of applying the sale discount to a selected few *brand new* releases such as KFOT Fortuna and KFHR Friday Harbor! This is just to thank all of you for your custom over 2015.

Enjoy the sale, and thanks so much for your support!

Does that mean older P3Dv1  airports like Brisbane, Tamworth will also finally be updated?

59 minutes ago, TymK said:

It never ceases to puzzle me why people feel the need to make such comments... :rolleyes:

Exactly, blown out of proportion, everyone makes mistakes. Sure it will be sorted out. I saw this statement too, I only had to wait a few days to see if it came true, common sense!

11 hours ago, John Venema said:

Name one FS publisher who has committed to creating V3 installers for 115 products in a short space of time at no cost to customers and we'll cop criticism on the chin. However as it stands we are (again) devoting enormous time and resources to doing this for free so please do take advantage of the sale and you'll be rewarded.

As I said earlier the V3 installers will come in quicker succession this time around because there is minimal work to do other than an installer recompile. The hard work has already been done in the V2 ports, which we did 109 of, not a bad effort :)

There is a few that still are only P3D v.1 compatible.Will this also be compiled for V.3 ?

This is

74S, 77S, CEF4, KBZN, KSFF, W16

14 hours ago, John Venema said:

Name one FS publisher who has committed to creating V3 installers for 115 products in a short space of time at no cost to customers and we'll cop criticism on the chin. However as it stands we are (again) devoting enormous time and resources to doing this for free so please do take advantage of the sale and you'll be rewarded.

As I said earlier the V3 installers will come in quicker succession this time around because there is minimal work to do other than an installer recompile. The hard work has already been done in the V2 ports, which we did 109 of, not a bad effort :)

Just spent $150 ;)

Now You say this but if I buy some airports that are currently only available for P3Dv1 will they also be upgraded for v3 considering they have not even been upgraded to v2? I no longer use FSX or P3Dv1 or v2 so if I go ahead and buy a few more airports I really want ( Brisbane, Canberra and Tamworth ) you garentee they will be patch for v3 in the near future?

Glad you had a change of heart.

John Venema

One more final sale in 2012 then never again. We're doing a bunch of stuff through 2012 to simplify our business model and this is just one element of that.

There are many reasons for the "no more sales" decision; one of them being the need to smooth revenue spread over the 12 months of the year instead of seeing folks save pennies for sales which then creates income "spikes" for us.

Glad my memory is still working and the search function works well. 

Will be spending on your new big airport for sure. As the saying goes...."never say never".. :)

And the waiting commences as the wrapper..unwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.:lol:

On 27/11/2015, 16:58:50, Stewart Hobson said:

How so?  JV is going to fire himself?

On 27/11/2015, 17:31:51, TymK said:

It never ceases to puzzle me why people feel the need to make such comments... :rolleyes:

On 27/11/2015, 18:33:22, Dr_Watson said:

Exactly, blown out of proportion, everyone makes mistakes. Sure it will be sorted out. I saw this statement too, I only had to wait a few days to see if it came true, common sense!

Remind me not to invite any of you to a party... Humour, just innocent, silly humour. No harm, no foul. Nothing to see here, Move along...

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

John Venema

One more final sale in 2012 then never again. We're doing a bunch of stuff through 2012 to simplify our business model and this is just one element of that.

There are many reasons for the "no more sales" decision; one of them being the need to smooth revenue spread over the 12 months of the year instead of seeing folks save pennies for sales which then creates income "spikes" for us.

Will be spending on your new big airport for sure. As the saying goes...."never say never".. :)

I believe JV had that change of heart back in at least 2013, there have been at least several Orbx sales since 2012. :)  I think Orbx is doing much better business-wise today than back in its earlier years (especially now that Orbx has over 100 products), allowing Orbx to reward us with those sales.

I wasn't expecting to pick up anything during the current sale as I already have all Orbx products released prior to the sale, so I do very much appreciate the bonus of the newly released KFOT and EGCW airports, and the upcoming Friday Harbor airport, also being included in the current sale.

May I suggest we stop beating this to death, there is a sale on, if you are interested then take advantage of it....if not, so be it.

I also bought an airport just in front of the sale, too bad so sad for me....its a few bucks...lets stop making a mountain out of a mole hill.

1 hour ago, Penzoil3 said:

John?  Any reply ?  I just bought Welshpool, that $16.02 AU I feel you owe me, would have paid for it. At least the courtesy of an answer...

Sue- still po'ed

That is the 35% discounted price! Normal price $24.95.

13 hours ago, Nyxx said:

John Venema

...old news....how many sales have we had since that "announcement"?

Locking now as this is just getting out of hand. 

Ben's comment was made before the decision to bring the December sale earlier. We (not Ben) decided to start it on the Friday as a snap decision Thursday evening.

Any further gripes about this will be deleted.

Archived