Problem with 151108 ObjectFlow update

DesertPilot

I just installed the latest Orbxlibs 151108 in my FSX-SE, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 installations.

When I attempt to run ObjectFlowUpdate.exe (located in my P3Dv2 ORBX/scripts library) to ensure all my ObjectFlow*.dll files are completely updated, I get "ERROR: Invalid metafile: Invalid or missing <CurrentVersion>".

Hi guys...

i have same problem...FTX Global terrain+OpenLC Europe...any problems with old library updates...

Few minutes ago update at libs151108 and the entire folder orbx permanent delete! Result? ORBX addon completely lost.

Try to reinstall entire orbx global terrain, it's ok...but...when apply the library...i have same issue...ORBX folders delete automatic.

Please help!

I guess we just wait for ORBX to respond at this point. I have started to reinstall. I am DOING FSX first and I let it install the Libraries through FTX Central instead of downloading the libraries and so far it seems like it is working. Maybe a problem with the download version on the support page as opposed to the copy FTX Central installs. All I know for sure is I am stuck doing re-installs on 2 flight sims. Needless to say it has not made me real a real happy camper.    :angry:

I cannot even believe this just happened.  Literally wiped out ALL my ORBX products on FSX, P3Dv2.5, and P3Dv3.  Absolutely unbelievable that just happened.  I am talking a ridiculous amount of time spent and amount of addons just GONE!  I also downloaded the Installer from the site as directed by Ed in the release forum post, mine too came from the Google drive.  I am sick to my stomach right now, literally in shock.

10 hours ago, DesertPilot85 said:

I just installed the latest Orbxlibs 151108 in my FSX-SE, P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 installations.

When I attempt to run ObjectFlowUpdate.exe (located in my P3Dv2 ORBX/scripts library) to ensure all my ObjectFlow*.dll files are completely updated, I get "ERROR: Invalid metafile: Invalid or missing <CurrentVersion>".

I've disabled the online update for now as I need to do some checks. The DLLs that you have in P3Dv2 are OK.

55 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

For those that have had the folders deleted, we are looking into the issue. If you could please go to your %localappdata%\Orbx folder, please locate the orbx.log file, zip it up. I think you should be able to attach it to a reply here.

Mine is gone. After the deletion I started to reinstall but have stopped until problem is sorted out.

This is my "Orbx Log File"..........zipped as requested.

Will we have to find a new un-altered 'terrain.cfg' file....since it contains all the ORBX entries ?  Or will they just be overwritten ?

It has left a real MESS in \effects....and \scenery\world\scenery. 

Looks like a complete RE-INSTALL of FS/x...........to repair this one.

orbx.zip

I used the download version of the orbxlibs with the result all content of the orbx folder has been deleted. I started a System recovery with no success. After a rollback of

System recovery now there is an orbx folder including a folder named 'scripts' only. This folder includes 'FTXSettings.xml' and 'Aero' and nothing else.

There is no orbx.log file.

3 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I've disabled the online update for now as I need to do some checks. The DLLs that you have in P3Dv2 are OK.

I see it is back up now Ed so i assume the issue is resolved? I am talking about the file available at fullterrain/support.

13 hours ago, DesertPilot85 said:

Ok I'm no computer tech here. But the object flow update that appears on several occasions

before you enter your sim, I never click update. The couple of times that I have, I ended up doing

a whole FSX install because I was so confused with all the errors.  I installed the latest libs from central today and don't seem to

have any probs. My orbx folder appears how it should be, my object updates I get from the libs, not the object flow update

pop up screen. Not sure if any of this is relevant or not, but I feel for you guys who may have to do reinstalls it's a pain.

cheers Gumby  

7 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

For those that have had the folders deleted, we are looking into the issue. If you could please go to your %localappdata%\Orbx folder, please locate the orbx.log file, zip it up. I think you should be able to attach it to a reply here.

Ed,

I believe this is the file you were talking about.  Ugh, SMH, I am so frustrated right now at the thought of having to do a re-install.  Not only for ORBX but from the looks of it all of my sims, just cannot believe this happened.  While I know ORBX usually has minimal mistakes and when they do they're hard pressed to help us all which is great, unfortunately this was a very big one and not easily fixed.

orbx.zip

I currently have P3Dv3 and FSX-SE .   As Ed Correia stated in the Announcements section :

"This update features some new library objects, fixed missing textures and a new ObjectFlow compatible with P3Dv3. Note for P3Dv3 users: it is recommended that you download and install this with the full installer as this will ensure that the ObjectFlow DLL is activated. "  . I downloaded the full installer from the Support page and it installed fine into P3Dv3 , it inserted the objectflow_dll entry into P3Dv3's dll.xml . the new 151108 libs are in my Scenery Library where there are suppose to be . I don't remember ever having to use the  ObjectFlowUpdate.exe  . I usually just check the dll.xml( in my case)  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 . I guess I'm one of the lucky ones . All went well , I installed 151108(full installer-same as used on P3Dv3) into FSX-SE . All went well  , no lost folders . I'm sure Ed and support staff will come up with a solution .

8 people like this  Like this

10 minutes ago, Crusader said:

I currently have P3Dv3 and FSX-SE .   As Ed Correia stated in the Announcements section :

"This update features some new library objects, fixed missing textures and a new ObjectFlow compatible with P3Dv3. Note for P3Dv3 users: it is recommended that you download and install this with the full installer as this will ensure that the ObjectFlow DLL is activated. "  . I downloaded the full installer from the Support page and it installed fine into P3Dv3 , it inserted the objectflow_dll entry into P3Dv3's dll.xml . the new 151108 libs are in my Scenery Library where there are suppose to be . I don't remember ever having to use the  ObjectFlowUpdate.exe  . I usually just check the dll.xml( in my case)  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 . I guess I'm one of the lucky ones . All went well , I installed 151108(full installer-same as used on P3Dv3) into FSX-SE . All went well  , no lost folders . I'm sure Ed and support staff will come up with a solution .

I know they will, they do an amazing out of help and support for all of us.  By far one of the best support teams in the community.  While the support is nice, unfortunately the time it will take re-install weights heavily on everyone.  As most who have a lot of ORBX regions knows it is not a easy or short process.  And what is even worse is knowing that for some of us it is looking like a complete re-install of the sims not just ORBX which is even worse, now were talking other addon scenery, A/C etc etc.  Just a mess at this point but I am not making a move on re-installs or anything else until I know this is resolved.  Still SMH!

OK, I need some clarification before I do something.  I just got back from a 5-day vacation and saw this issue, and I'm not sure if I should update my FSX Steam installation with the new ORBX libraries using the notification in my FTX Central for the new libraries.

Is this just a problem with the installer download that has been temporarily removed from the ORBX site?  If I utilize the notification in my FTX Central to "Click here to download and apply the update" will that be SAFE for an FSX Steam only installation?

It's not clear to me if this is only a P3D problem or not.  Or if I should avoid trying to update the ORBX libraries at all right now for my Steam installation.

Thanks for any clarification.

Eight users out of almost 1600 installs have had their Orbx folder contents disappear for some reason. There is relatively a small amount of new content so downloading through FTXC will be quicker. 

For those eight so far, all I can suggest is to ensure when reinstalling that the latest wrapped versions from your FSS account is used.

37 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

OK, I need some clarification before I do something.  I just got back from a 5-day vacation and saw this issue, and I'm not sure if I should update my FSX Steam installation with the new ORBX libraries using the notification in my FTX Central for the new libraries.

Is this just a problem with the installer download that has been temporarily removed from the ORBX site?  If I utilize the notification in my FTX Central to "Click here to download and apply the update" will that be SAFE for an FSX Steam only installation?

It's not clear to me if this is only a P3D problem or not.  Or if I should avoid trying to update the ORBX libraries at all right now for my Steam installation.

Thanks for any clarification.

Falcon, it seems everyone who used the FTX Central version was ok from what I read.  This seemed to happen to those of us who actually downloaded the installer from the support page on the site (don't quote me).

For me it was not just a P3Dv3 thing.  In fact I actually installed it in FSX first, then 2.5, then 3.  When I went to start up v3 to see if everything worked I got a bunch of scenery errors saying regions were missing etc.  Then I went to an airport in Norway since just earlier yesterday morning I had installed the new Norway version for v3 and it was all jacked up scenery everywhere.  Coastlines were a mess, textures jacked all up etc.  So then I went to my main P3Dv3 directory just to see that my ORBX folder was completely gone.  EVERYTHING!  So then I went to my main FSX and v2.5 folders and the same thing, everything was gone.  So it was a problem across the board.  Not sure what it was or why it has only effected a handful of us but it is not very comforting to know I have to re-build my sims from the ground up now and just hope it all works.  Very frustrating.

37 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

Eight users out of almost 1600 installs have had their Orbx folder contents disappear for some reason. There is relatively a small amount of new content so downloading through FTXC will be quicker. 

For those eight so far, all I can suggest is to ensure when reinstalling that the latest wrapped versions from your FSS account is used.

Ed, is there a way for us to get a download of the previous ORXLibs before this last update?  At least I know that one worked for me then I can simply go in and make the adjustment for the update library banner in Central?  Thanks for any help, just frustrated about loosing 3-4 days of flying now to rebuild especially when most of my flying is done on the weekend now have to take this weekend to rebuild.

2 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I'm very pleased you think '8 users out of 1600' had a problem.   Those 8 users who LOST EVERYTHING, and have to spend hours upon hours

to re-install, re-configure our FS/x systems........but by reporting it back to the forums..........saved the rest from a similar fate.

ORBX screwed up, and the best answer you give us is.......... "8 users out of 1600" ?

Thanks for your cavalier attitude towards our problems Ed.  

If I wasn't pissed off before........I certainly am now.

I didn't read the instructions for P3d v3 users to use the support download for 151108 and went straight to the FTX which downloaded and installed without a complaint ... but I didn't receive the Object Flow box. !!! 

I see that I'm getting the error below (it appears 4 times during finishing a Library load ) when loading an addon airport that functions perfectly in v2.5

I traced the file to the Orbx Libs (see below) and wonder if this means I didn't have a proper load of the 151108 Lib.  I have no idea if 151108 loaded correctly as the scenery library just shows FTXAA_ORBXLIBS ... is there a location that will confirm that I've actually loaded 151108? ... or is the old Library still in place and that's why the missing texture file below is not being found e.g. it may be a new file only found in 151108.

I still have my other scenery files loaded for v3 so there was no file loss as I see it.

Ken

CYKA v3 error 1.png

365f Vicpolpvg error.png

14 hours ago, Crusader said:

I must say I feel there's something a *tiny* bit "shonky" about the latest ORBX LIBS.

I installed P3Dv3 (on a dedicated SSD). I have FSX/DX10 and P3Dv2.5 on the same system. It must be a registry nightmare, but so far all my add-ons (aircraft and scenery) have gone into P3Dv3 with no real trouble.

HOWEVER: I had to manually add an entry to my EXE.XML. so decided to check against my current P3Dv2.5 ones (DLL and EXE) - and found an entry for the OBJECTFLOW.DLL in my P3Dv2.5 DLL.XML - that referenced my(new) P3Dv3.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>H:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

As opposed to another (old) entry:

<Launch.Addon>
	<Name>ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D</Name>
	<Path>F:\Prepar3Dv2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

So ... what's happened to all my old entries for ObjectFlow??

I daren't run my P3Dv2.5 now! Is it stuffed?

Adam.

On 12.11.2015, 21:50:20, Ed Correia said:

Ed I did not lose my orbx folders - even worse: Yesterday I updated from inside FTXC2, all worked fine. Today when starting FSX, a message came up asking me to agree to an ObjectFlow updated. After checking the forum and reading Nick Coopers advice ("No harm will befall your installation.") I accepted the request to update.

Now I am lost: I can start FSX, but whatever menu I open (change planes, change locations, load flightplan), the program hangs. No more action possible.

All I can say that is the maximum harm which could befall my installation.

How can I get back to a stable FSX? Any chance to get back to older ObjectFlow (since this update caused the breakdown)?

----------------------

EDIT (Stillwater): We continue this issue here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/105795-ksff-objectflow-issue-after-library-update/#comment-953942

On 12.11.2015, 22:29:58, Sammy H said:

Ed, is there a way for us to get a download of the previous ORXLibs before this last update?  At least I know that one worked for me then I can simply go in and make the adjustment for the update library banner in Central?  Thanks for any help, just frustrated about loosing 3-4 days of flying now to rebuild especially when most of my flying is done on the weekend now have to take this weekend to rebuild.

Sammy, after the above story I reinstalled FTXORBXLIBS_151001 (I always keep the previous version). It did not help. FSX just hangs.

ObjectFlow for FSX wasn't updated in this build. If you go to the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder and right-click the ObjectFlow.dll file and select Properties>Details, the file version number should be 1.0.10.3. This is the current stable version of the DLL. If there was an issue with the DLL, you would not be able to start FSX and get to the menu screen at all so I'd suggest the issue lays elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

I must say I feel there's something a *tiny* bit "shonky" about the latest ORBX LIBS.

I installed P3Dv3 (on a dedicated SSD). I have FSX/DX10 and P3Dv2.5 on the same system. It must be a registry nightmare, but so far all my add-ons (aircraft and scenery) have gone into P3Dv3 with no real trouble.

HOWEVER: I had to manually add an entry to my EXE.XML. so decided to check against my current P3Dv2.5 ones (DLL and EXE) - and found an entry for the OBJECTFLOW.DLL in my P3Dv2.5 DLL.XML - that referenced my(new) P3Dv3.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Path>H:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

As opposed to another (old) entry:

<Launch.Addon>
	<Name>ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D</Name>
	<Path>F:\Prepar3Dv2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

So ... what's happened to all my old entries for ObjectFlow??

I daren't run my P3Dv2.5 now! Is it stuffed?

Adam.

Doesn't really matter where the sim reads the DLL, that's just there for loading it in. The moduleinstaller in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery is the program responsible for writing the entries into the xml. If you run that you should be able to check where it wants to install the module to, if it's pointing to the wrong sim you can manually select the correct path. If it finds and existing ObjectFlow_P3D.dll entry it will remove it. I will need to see why the new exe is defaulting to P3Dv3 though.

Where is my folder ORBX?

I bought a lot of products ORBX !

Order № FSS0417636 FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Pacific Northwest 
Order № FSS0417292 FTX: Global openLC North America - Alaska/Canada
Order № FSS0303043 FTX: Global openLC Europe
Order № FSS0257147 FTX: Global VECTOR
Order № FSS0248761 FTX: Australia SP4 
Order № FSS0223146 FTX: Global
Order № FSS0206503 FTX: NA Blue Southern Alaska
Order № FSS0203580 FTX: EU Wales
Order № FSS0194306 FTX: NZ NZMF Milford Sound Airport
Order № FSS0187505 FTX: EU England
Order № FSS0185303 FTX: NA KWYS West Yellowstone Airport
Order № FSS0141688 FTX: NZ South Island
Order № FSS0121927 FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains

and so on...

I installed the library FTXORBXLIBS_151108 After that I do not see a folder ORBX.(it was removed).

But most importantly...My system does not see the drive ( hard  disk D) SSD 256 gb !?

OK! 

I reinstalled Prepar3DV3 new (HDD) drive (\H).

I have installed Prepar3DV3,I have installed FTX: Global,I installed the library FTXORBXLIBS_151108...

Oh, my God! My God! My God!

Once again, I do not see a folder ORBX,my flight simulator (P3Dv3).

When you start FTX Central2 I see:

1c61b893e63a127532d91fc814979f57.jpg

... 8 users out of 1600 ...

I probably 9.

Excuse me for my bad english and please tell me what to do!

Same for me. I have not used any Orbx stuff for a long time. despite lots of purchases in my first rush of enthusiasm, eventually it was just too high maintenance for me with all the control panels, keeping track of updates etc. Reinstalling when FSX had problems was a chore right up there with doing toilet floors. I gave up.

But I heard fairly recently about the new FTX central, and thought I would give it another try. I had all my old downloads stored very neatly, and very carefully reinstalled them all with no problems into FSX-SE.

Then I came to the site to get the new libraries, installed them, waited eagerly....and.... poof!!!!! No ORBX folder. Not happy at all!!! Just the thought of trying again makes me feel exhausted. Installing this stuff is not fun!!

Here is the Orbx log you were asking for.

orbx.log

Archived