KSFF ObjectFlow issue after library update.

norfolk mike

Since updating the Library (as prompted in FTX Central) I'm getting a warning on opening FSX.

Name; Dynamig Object Placement

Version; 1,0,10,3

File G:\FSX\Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA,,,\ObjectFlow_KSFF.dll

It gives the option to run it (but warning that doing so might not be advisable) or decline (which I've done).

Any ideas? Everything is running REALLY well, so I don't want to jeopardise my set-up by running 'applications', but at the same time I'd like to lose the annoying warning message.

To "lose the annoying warning message", accept the new version.

Although it's a rather strange message, that's what it is asking you to do.

No harm will befall your installation.

Object flow is what gives you moving people, snowy roofs in winter, deer

running about at certain times etc, etc.

On 12.11.2015, 22:06:55, Nick Cooper said:

To "lose the annoying warning message", accept the new version.

Although it's a rather strange message, that's what it is asking you to do.

No harm will befall your installation.

Object flow is what gives you moving people, snowy roofs in winter, deer

running about at certain times etc, etc.

No good, Nick: I had the same history as Mike: " Since updating the Library (as prompted in FTX Central) I'm getting a warning on opening FSX. "

I followed Nick´s advice "No harm will befall your installation." So I accepted the request to update.

Now I am lost: I can start FSX, but whatever menu I open (change planes, change locations, load flightplan), the program hangs. No more action possible.

All I can say that is the maximum harm which could befall my installation.

How can I get back to a stable FSX? Any chance to get back to older ObjectFlow (since this update caused the breakdown)?

8 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Go to ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery and rename ObjectFlow.dll

to ObjectFlow.dll.OFF.

If FSX then starts, please return to this topic.

Thanks Nick, for the quick trial.

I followed your suggestion, but it did not help: I can start FSX, but when I open a menu and select anything (like another plane or flightplan), the sim freezes totally.

Replied in your other post, issue that you are experiencing is not related to the ObjectFlow dll. You can rename that file back to DLL and the run ModuleInstaller.exe and you will have the option to uninstall the DLL. Once uninstalled you can start FSX and see if the issue remains, if it does then something else is affecting the sim.

Unfortunately you are right, Nick, i can't restore it. It was just the orbxlibs upgrade from inside FTXCv2 (no reason for a backup), and one day later accepting the objectflow update that popped up when i started FSX (there i checked this forum post and supposed i was on the safe side). 

Do you have any ideas to avoid a full reinstalling weekend?

1 hour ago, Ed Correia said:

Replied in your other post, issue that you are experiencing is not related to the ObjectFlow dll. You can rename that file back to DLL and the run ModuleInstaller.exe and you will have the option to uninstall the DLL. Once uninstalled you can start FSX and see if the issue remains, if it does then something else is affecting the sim.

17 minutes ago, Ed Correia said:

I would delete the fsx.cfg file for starters, reboot the PC and let a new cfg file be built when re-starting.

Unfortunately you are right, Nick, i can't restore it. It was just the orbxlibs upgrade from inside FTXCv2 (no reason for a backup), and one day later accepting the objectflow update that popped up when i started FSX (there i checked this forum post and supposed i was on the safe side). 

Do you have any ideas to avoid a full reinstalling weekend?

I will give both of Ed's suggestions a trial - tomorrow morning. Thanks for the quick replies.

14 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

13 hours ago, Ed Correia said:

I would delete the fsx.cfg file for starters, reboot the PC and let a new cfg file be built when re-starting.

Hi Ed, tried both options, with no success.

Like I said, i had digested the orbxlibs update from inside FTXCv2 with no trouble as usual, and on the next sim start I did nothing else but accepting the ObjectFlow-update request. I am as surprised as you seem to be: My sim starts, I can select from the main menu, but which ever menu item I go, any further selection causes a crash.

Seems I have to spend the weekend with a complete new install... but what could be the reason for this crash? Like I said, it must be induced by the orbxlibs & flow update.

Archived