Problem with 151108 ObjectFlow update

DesertPilot

I just downloaded Ireland and Northern Ireland and installed it for P3D v3. No problems with the installation. After installing both regions I did run the latest ORBXLibs (FULL exe NOT through FTXCentral) with NO problems what so ever. The ORBX library is still there and the scenery entry is where it should be. Also no problems or error messages about ObjectFlow.

I can´t understand why some of you guys have problems with the libs. But I really feel sorry for you because of the problems you have.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Jack,

Were you asked to run the module once you started P3D v3 after updating to FTXORBXLIBS_151108?  I updated through FTX Central 2 and when I started P3D v3 I was never asked to run/allow the new dll as have in the past.  Running the module installer through the FTX ORBXLIBS doesn't do anything either.  I checked my dll file and it references the dll and it is the latest dll as I checked the properties.  I tried running the offline objectflowupdate.exe, but it hasn't been updated yet for P3D v3.  Thanks

Rob

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎50‎:‎08‎, Crusader said:

I downloaded the full installer from the Support page

I also downloaded the full installer from the support page, rather than updating through FTX Central Control Panel (I always download the full Library installer).  I have installed the 151108 Library twice to FSX (MS DVD version), and so far see zero issues.  I do not wish to denigrate the answers of those that do have issues.  I'm only reporting what has happened to my install, so far.

7 hours ago, JJJackson said:

I just downloaded Ireland and Northern Ireland and installed it for P3D v3. No problems with the installation. After installing both regions I did run the latest ORBXLibs (FULL exe NOT through FTXCentral) with NO problems what so ever. The ORBX library is still there and the scenery entry is where it should be. Also no problems or error messages about ObjectFlow.

I can´t understand why some of you guys have problems with the libs. But I really feel sorry for you because of the problems you have.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Those of us who LOST EVERYTHING, reported it the BAD LIBRARY HERE........and ORBX fixed the problem before you downloaded and installed it.

I am hesitant to download and install the latest LIBS as it took quite awhile to re-install everything after this last go around.  I will wait until a later version to re-install.  I would rather spend my time flying and enjoying the the nice scenery than crying at my desk LOL.

Rob

On 11/12/2015, 9:50:20, Ed Correia said:

Eight users out of almost 1600 installs have had their Orbx folder contents disappear for some reason. There is relatively a small amount of new content so downloading through FTXC will be quicker. 

For those eight so far, all I can suggest is to ensure when reinstalling that the latest wrapped versions from your FSS account is used.

You can add one so it's nine users... 

Same file that I downloaded from ORBX servers, on P3Dv3 works fine but on FSX:SE the ORBX folder deleted. I went back to the 20151001 version after until you guys will find a fix.

Thanks,

Amos

Wasn't it a design against pirates that folders would be deleted if you tried installing a libraries with pirated Orbx content? i wonder if something has caused the libraries installer to incorrectly flag something as pirated and run the delete folders attack? Maybe a bug in this anti-piracy action due to something like migrating operating systems or something, am just guessing here. I have a clean install on win7 with FSX and it ran fine.

I've heard of the Piracy/deletion thing. In fact, when I realized my Orbx folder was gone, one of my first reactions, besides dismay, was anger. I thought "If this (place string of expletives here) did this because it thinks I'm a pirate I'm gonna have a fit"

I am waiting for a response from Orbx before committing to being very, very upset. :D

I bougth the product a few days ago.. run the update today and lost all the content. I downloaded the upgrade from the site since the control panel was taking forever to download. 

Now I need to reinstall and the flightsimstore is down, so I can't download the installer again. Not really a nice experience with orbx so far.. 

Any suggestions? Where I can get my installer to fix this? Thank you!

Can I bump this one up please? Ed? I think it's got lost with all the other posts, but it may be related.

Adam.

Arrrrgh ... quoting is hard with the revamp!

On 11/13/2015, 11:33:59, Adam_NZ said:

I installed P3Dv3 (on a dedicated SSD). I have FSX/DX10 and P3Dv2.5 on the same system. It must be a registry nightmare, but so far all my add-ons (aircraft and scenery) have gone into P3Dv3 with no real trouble.

HOWEVER: I had to manually add an entry to my EXE.XML. so decided to check against my current P3Dv2.5 ones (DLL and EXE) - and found an entry for the OBJECTFLOW.DLL in my P3Dv2.5 DLL.XML - that referenced my(new) P3Dv3.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>H:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

As opposed to another (old) entry:

<Launch.Addon>
	<Name>ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D</Name>
	<Disabled>False</Disabled>
	<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
	<Path>F:\Prepar3Dv2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_YMML\Scenery\ObjectFlow_YMML_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

So ... what's happened to all my old entries for ObjectFlow??

I daren't run my P3Dv2.5 now! Is it stuffed?

Adam.

2 hours ago, Adam_NZ said:

Can I bump this one up please? Ed? I think it's got lost with all the other posts, but it may be related.

Adam.

Arrrrgh ... quoting is hard with the revamp!

I answered already in this thread, and yes I'm still trying to get used to this forum as well. 

I am in the process of restoring everything vanilla from the ground up yet again.  I am very concerned right now on what to do with my ORBX products and its really becoming frustrating.  While some are reporting that things have worked out well, others are still reporting there losing there ORBX folders.  This has become quite confusing and honestly I am not sure I want to spend the amount of time trying to install all of these products just to have it get screwed up yet again.  Reading through all of this has completely confused me and I cannot even tell what is help from another complaint anymore.  New forum is a bit difficult to get use to.

Hi Sammy, may I make a suggestion?  I don't know if you've ever heard of Acronis.  It came with my built PC from Jetline.  It can do amazing saves.  I have two external WD drives that I make entire saves to.  It saves everything, even the registry so whenever I need to restore I can restore to the way it was exactly half an hour ago or however far you want to go.  I can get about five saves on a disk before I have to delete one.  It has saved me so many hassles in the last year you wouldn't believe it.

Best to you and I really do hope you get this resolved, I feel your pain man.  I'm not going to touch mine although I could and if it too gets deleted it would only take 30 minutes to completely restore.  I dunno, maybe I will do it just to see if mine messes up too and try to help the poor souls who are having this problem.

I love Orbx's products, I wouldn't even be in simming if I had to go back to what I was using before, they're that life-like.

Just trying to help.

On 11/14/2015, 10:55:12, Ed Correia said:

Doesn't really matter where the sim reads the DLL, that's just there for loading it in. The moduleinstaller in the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery is the program responsible for writing the entries into the xml. If you run that you should be able to check where it wants to install the module to, if it's pointing to the wrong sim you can manually select the correct path. If it finds and existing ObjectFlow_P3D.dll entry it will remove it. I will need to see why the new exe is defaulting to P3Dv3 though.

Thanks, ED - and apologies - I totally missed your reply. I'll blame Jay for that LOL!

Manually correcting the file is no problem. It did cross my mind that any of my installed sims (FSX, P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3) just need to know where the latest DLL happens to be - but there could be problems if I blew away P3Dv3 (for instance) and other sims were still looking for it.

No big deal, I though. I was wondering if the creation of these "incorrect" paths were somehow related to (or contributing to) these other problems.

Adam.

OK - here's an update to my LIBS update procedure - hoping that some of the information may be of some use. Note: I do not have FTX GLOBAL, landclass or other non-ORBX scenery installed (apart from a few freebies).

All updates were *from within FTX Central*. I cycled from one active area to another (and back) to check for errors (none reported).

1) P3Dv3 : Updated correctly (though wrote to P3Dv2.5 XML as well). Since this was the first to update, I was offered the choice of all 3 (found) sims. Naturally, I chose P3Dv3.

2) P3Dv2.5 : Updated correctly. Being the second to update, I was offered the choice of only P3Dv2.5 and FSX sims.

3) FSX : Updated correctly. Being the last to update, I wasn't offered any choices (phew!).

My P3Dv3 update earlier went fine.

On running FSX, I got the "install" prompt - then the 1.10.3 ObjectFlow prompt. OK'd both. Prompted to restart FSX (yes) - which restarted with no further prompts - and all scenery intact.

Running P3Dv2.5 the first time after update, I got no update prompt(s). All scenery OK.

I wonder what would happen (if anything) if I were in FTX Central P3Dv3 "mode" as in (1) ... and updated *either of the other two sims*. I didn't try (!).

I haven't installed any new scenery since, so haven't had the need to run the ORBXLIBS updater manually - outside of FTX Central. My feeling is that just running FTX Central would prompt me, would it not?

Now to the DLL.XML files:

FSX: Main ObjectFlow.dll correctly points to my FSX - and has separate ObjectFlow entries for all my installed ORBX areas/airports.
P3Dv2.5: Wrong path for the main ObjectFlow.dll (points to P3Dv3) - and only has the one entry for all my sceneries: YMML.
P3Dv3: Correct path for the main ObjectFlow.dll. No entries for any sceneries (as there are none installed ... yet).

I hope that's of some use!

Adam.

13 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

1) P3Dv3 : Updated correctly (though wrote to P3Dv2.5 XML as well). Since this was the first to update, I was offered the choice of all 3 (found) sims. Naturally, I chose P3Dv3.

2) P3Dv2.5 : Updated correctly. Being the second to update, I was offered the choice of only P3Dv2.5 and FSX sims.

3) FSX : Updated correctly. Being the last to update, I wasn't offered any choices (phew!).

Just in case you didn't know, you can actually select more than one simulator in that dialog. When a new Orbx Libraries update comes out I just check all 3 sims and then click install. I should probably make this more clear in the installer!

13 minutes ago, Adam_NZ said:

I haven't installed any new scenery since, so haven't had the need to run the ORBXLIBS updater manually - outside of FTX Central. My feeling is that just running FTX Central would prompt me, would it not?

Exactly. You should only need to update the Orbx Libraries if FTX Central v2 prompts you to update.

Archived