openLC NA Alaska/Canada - 17 pre-beta shots

Hello all,

The beta build of openLC NA Alaska/Canada is due to be uploaded by the weekend. 

Meantime, I was sent some developers shots showing the landclass in place as you fly from the east coast of Canada to the west coast of Alaska. Note that any patterns you might see will be eliminated by our crack "repetition killer squad" a.k.a. our beta testing team :)

This is likely my only sneak preview before Emmsie and the testers begin to spam some nice locations across FSX, SE, P3D for you.

403b7d0d51f54185018d37b2d78f655e.jpg

b744e3261115028829bb14bd07c2f434.jpg

10939b70684b7840087f4d90e841428f.jpg

e71aa1f889c9d2815a2d8e4ca197b1c6.jpg

9bf67f580ec33c929ed6d8548b1f3e25.jpg

3ed9a40d1b34804715d5f294b99eacbe.jpg

76b8eb85ea6e1f1814612558231da423.jpg

8c5a61ef8fc853ff08ba570c1c0db9e7.jpg

f905b241b974828a9da9a1d2852b331b.jpg

7be3dd19224ad3f1094dc983ed5cdbb5.jpg

19d88ce2ab966849541148e323d8c8ff.jpg

b77216afd9e230874db4bdc7eebd0340.jpg

f6049b33891ed692215aa6cf7d434e74.jpg

e6e221a2bc3449915ff383ebbd2c826f.jpg

ef244dc11e84a0f7070a20597dc16850.jpg

5ca9a9038b284352335a10ec0fd08b88.jpg

85fea2726fa6690bc28366e831bd03fb.jpg

Yes this is with Vector, since openLC is designed to be part of three-layered product family.

Some ground textures will incorporate roads/tracks/trails in them, like they do in all our ground textures including the FTX regions. Once example of that is the border of crop fields which feature dirt tracks for tractor access etc. It would look unnatural if we removed those roads/tracks.

Yes this is with Vector, since openLC is designed to be part of three-layered product family.

Some ground textures will incorporate roads/tracks/trails in them, like they do in all our ground textures including the FTX regions. Once example of that is the border of crop fields which feature dirt tracks for tractor access etc. It would look unnatural if we removed those roads/tracks.

The blending of the Vector roads is impressive in these pics !

I understand your point but sometimes (the Bay Area delta, West of Stockton is  case in point for instance), the otherwise very natural looking textures carry too much roads/tracks and the  the Vector roads don't blend well.  Not easy to do I suppose...

Many thanks John for the excellent news regarding both the new FTX LC project being available sometime in August and the wonderful news that Russ White's airports are close to release with triple installers (thanks too to the guys working hard from Turbulent Designs who I am sure are also busy with the forthcoming Friday Harbor!). You just made my day and the day of many others I am sure  :smile:

The beta build of openLC NA Alaska/Canada is due to be uploaded by the weekend. 

Thank you for the pics, John, and I am absolutely going to purchase it on release.

For my curiousity, can you already tell us the price that you will set it at?

Thank you for the pics, John, and I am absolutely going to purchase it on release.

For my curiousity, can you already tell us the price that you will set it at?

Hi Eric,

openLC NA Alaska/Canada and openLC NA USA will be AU$19.95 each.

John has posted more details about the openLC NA release (and Vector 1.3) in this topic.

A question - some of the textures show that they are newer production than some of the ones used in especially the older NA full regions. Some of them look more refined here, put simply. Is there a chance that on some schedule the full-fat regions would benefit from the development done since on Global (and on newer regions too) similarly to how they were enhanced by Trees HD, bringing a global upgrade to the regions also?

Newer regions always benefit from the FTX Global and openLC textures, just like Norway did. We have no plans however, to add new textures to older regions at this stage. Trees HD were not an openLC spin-off but a stand-alone initiative by Scott.

Thanks John! The NA 'mega-region' is my primary playing ground, all these diverse areas add up just so nicely and show apparently a very beautiful corner of the world with tons of airports. The openLC likely expands the coverage nicely for me while waiting the full region coverage to expand hopefully! The reason for my question was that I must admit the PNW and PFJ for example shows a bit of age here and there when compared to SAK and NCA, but of course they are still very great. :)

This is looking very good. I'm not sure what the seasons and locations are but as a Canadian I can sure see the various regions. It looked like most are during the summer and didn't see any of the typical yellow fields of canola which are quite prolific in Alberta and Saskachewan. Not sure if that would be something only in full FTX regions or not, but it still looks really incredible. Keep up the great work!

More than 1/3 (about 14 million) of the people in Canada live in Ontario and I hope to see a huge improvement for that province. The default landclass for Ontario is absolutely horrible, lots of patterns and the landclass for the cities is very inaccurate.

Hi guys. Just wondering users using PNW, PFJ, SAK, and FSADDON TongassX regions, will openLC be a benefit to these regions?

I doubt it.. Regions already contain land class, and I *think* you can{t just switch off the region's LC...

Good morning community ::)

Don´t worry, I won´t ask for a release date,but: can anyone of the admin give me an information about the size of the required space for the new NA-products? Will it be between 10 and 15 GB each or even more?

Due to many addons my SSD 240GB is getting full and I´m considering to change it into a SSD 500 GB if neccessary.

Just asking because I don´t have to fly the next time in real and would have enough time to reinstall everything on a new SSD :wacko:

Looking forward to an answer, have a nice day 8)

Good morning community ::)

Don´t worry, I won´t ask for a release date,but: can anyone of the admin give me an information about the size of the required space for the new NA-products? Will it be between 10 and 15 GB each or even more?

Due to many addons my SSD 240GB is getting full and I´m considering to change it into a SSD 500 GB if neccessary.

Just asking because I don´t have to fly the next time in real and would have enough time to reinstall everything on a new SSD :wacko:

Looking forward to an answer, have a nice day 8)

I guess that will be about 15-20G each... same or close to openLC Europe.

If you are on budget you can add another 250GB SSD and make  link for specific folder from your FSX/P3D instalation to folder in new disk.. for example you make ORBX folder on new disk, then move content of old ORBX folder to new one, then remove old folder and make simbolic link to new one on new disk.

But bigger disk wold be better :)

I guess that will be about 15-20G each... same or close to openLC Europe.

If you are on budget you can add another 250GB SSD and make  link for specific folder from your FSX/P3D instalation to folder in new disk.. for example you make ORBX folder on new disk, then move content of old ORBX folder to new one, then remove old folder and make simbolic link to new one on new disk.

But bigger disk wold be better :)

Thx for the answer, just ordered a new 500GB SSD, hopefully there won´t be problems with installing everything new. And 500GB should be enough for the next great ORBX products ^-^

Archived