The Airport in the Sky: Sedona KSEZ Preview Part II

99aa239e238fff6e381f47c4bb372653.jpg

G'day Everyone,

Thankyou all for the wonderful response so far to the initial previews of Sedona Airport. Development and beta testing is tracking well, I'm looking forward to sharing this with you all soon. Whilst the team are putting the airport through it's paces, I thought I'd show a few more different features of the airport scenery. I've included a few notes as we haven't showcased many of these components in our previous promo shots. 

Additionally, I'd like to use this opportunity to let you all know that it is very important to install the latest ORBXlibs alongside Sedona. Whilst it always important to ensure you have the latest ORBXlibs installed, it is even more so with Sedona as the new custom autogen variants are included - a vital component of the scenery package. As such, if you are looking forward to purchasing KSEZ I'd recommend running the following steps:

1. Go to fullterrain,com/support and download the latest version of the ORBX Libraries

2. Once installed, open FTX-Central via the shortcut on your desktop, select a region and press apply. This will cycle and update core autogen files to the latest versions.

3. This process can be done either before or after installing your purchased copy of Sedona.

But enough with the public service announcements, back to the screenshots!

Cottonwood Airport: This is a "lite" bonus airport that I've included in the package just outside the main PR area; located approximately 10 miles south of Sedona, the airport features an updated APX, ORBXlibs content, and most importantly a sharp 30cm photoreal underlay with full autogen annotation. This will provide a nice stop-over for flights exploring the southern edges of the Sedona coverage area. 

42d718cc039b4a229030e187ff54e08a.jpg

Chapel of the Holy Cross: An architectural landmark in the Verde Valley area, the church is constructed into a red-rock butte and was opened in 1956.

766754bd7b40409c433c2c9ed393551a.jpg

The Teal Arches: Due Sedona City's strict building codes, commercial premises must abide by colour codes suited to the surrounding desert landscape. As such, the local McDonalds restaurant is the only one in the world to feature a teal-coloured Arches and muted shopfront signage. 

ff99ba4a55d8ac57a2150a93f5ab5894.jpg

The Midgley Bridge: Opened in 1939, this bridge was based on a scaled-down version of the famous Navajo Bridge a little further to the north. Bridging a small off-shoot of the Oak Creek Canyon, the bridge provides a perfect opportunity to test your aerobatics skills :)

5eeef403c18a8fde872c4ca425d47dd9.jpg

Oak Creek Canyon: Just a small portion of the enormous 800sq km coverage area, follow the State Hwy 89A up the canyon as far as the switchbacks at Pumphouse Wash, a few short miles south of Flagstaff-Pulliam Airport.

90901dc38d282cf217a62df20396efef.jpg

Landable Portable Helipads: Test your helicopter landing skills on these two pads located out the front of the Red Rock Helicopter Tours FBO. The derelict building in the background of this shot is actually the old RR Tours FBO building; it is now used as an occasional fire safety training ground by the local Fire Department. 

0eee1de3be2890089459e769b116091f.jpg

53d7eef9f450da422f9f79e27e032c4e.jpg

6ff34ae5a059bc83f05b16e541e2b0b6.jpg

476b68f552ceb88a00b7a35be4e7f47e.jpg

4fe956823b0cacbe704e3bc7c5255e19.jpg

79c514c14adbe012af1334db9aa13be5.jpg

2e46c7fc5ff1f7aa9494ca76bb79b121.jpg

c09a8910857530a6f2b719cb5386fec2.jpg

9570d976c67b0305fee5e6faa6042762.jpg

35068a4c5f0547726d11297c1711c36d.jpg

Cheers,

Jarrad

So you have been to this one in Sedona JJ? You can attest to this?

Because I think you know that these guys take thousands of photos and research these projects to the small detail. I guess you missed the part in his preview that provided some detail about the local zoning laws that require teal colors.

The McDonalds Logo Is NOT Blue, it´s Yellow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:(   ::)  ::)

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Maybe a little trust in Jarrad would be in order ::)  !.The Sedona McDo has indeed a blue M, the only one in the world. The city didn't want a glaring yellow M to spoil the superb landscape and imposed a more subdued blue.

G'day Everyone,

35068a4c5f0547726d11297c1711c36d.jpg

Cheers,

Jarrad

And this is why I feel the region that would be found in between the Southern Rookies and SoCal (basically southern Utah and Arizona) would be an amazing region due the the terrain and all the colors in it.

D'Andre, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Jarrad has modelled the inside of the McD's as well.

I have a feeling this will be the benchmark airport scenery by which all others are judged against.

We've said that about the last 5 or 6 releases by this guy.

I just hope Jarrad continues to love doing this for a long time to come.

I might fire up BOB and walk right on around thru the drive-thru.

Fry flow?

I can't remember where I read it, perhaps SoH, but Rob B. is working on some new car dynamics for FSX which are supposed to be outstanding. This release looks like it would be the perfect testing ground for his new FSX car dynamics when they're released.

Thanks for the previews Jarrad, it's going to be a lot of fun exploring all of the features of this release.

Detail detail detail.

Fantastic looking scenery Jarrad.

Just amazing what we are getting with these airports with every one of them looking better than the last.

The Blue arches are interesting but Sedona City would have done better to have banned McDonalds altogether. :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

Here's a cool little vid of a real landing at Sedona and it does look spectacular....I don't know why this airport was never on my radar before?!?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UTlZj1qKJw

wait wait.. Am i dreaming or what.. ? have the Hi-res trees already been implanted on Sedona ? B'cause these ones are fabulous ?!

Dom

I think Jarrad said there'd be a great deal of brand new custom vegetation for this scenery Dom, particularly brand new desert vegetation types of species. Maybe that's why but I don't have the scenery yet so can't speak with too much surety. Will be home from work in a couple more days though so Easter over Sedona sounds like a good idea. Great to know that the vegetation in this scenery's so impressive though. Can't wait to have another great FTX Global scenery/airport :))

Thanks Sid, I think you're right. But it's probably these rusty colors of sands and mountains, with this green vegetation that faked me..

i cannot imagine the beauty of HD trees on all these sceneries.. !

Dom

(yeah, it's a wonderful scenery, so huge ! With an incredible approach)

Hi guys,

wait wait.. Am i dreaming or what.. ? have the Hi-res trees already been implanted on Sedona ? B'cause these ones are fabulous ?!

Dom

I think Jarrad said there'd be a great deal of brand new custom vegetation for this scenery Dom, particularly brand new desert vegetation types of species. Maybe that's why but I don't have the scenery yet so can't speak with too much surety. 

Sid is correct - I created a bunch of new HD autogen vegetation sets that are unique only to Sedona; I did this because there wasn't anything in the existing default/regional AGN sets that properly captured the feel and size of the desert scrub around the airport. As such, the majority of the autogen at Sedona is already HD and will all be unaffected by the incoming HD trees product - but where you will notice the different is in the northern edges of the coverage area (up towards Flagstaff), where there are pockets of default Hemlock trees that will definitely be improved by the HD textures. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived