A Fantastic addition to your Orbx world indeed by Scott Armstrong and im sure you will love the new Trees it adds so much more to your sim.

All Taken in FSX.

3ab67f72407f7004a629af50494b3cbd.jpg

5fccf2b3d8c53b78b88e80384a8dbc17.jpg

a2e0f7b888b12ad5cb6165c860fd3855.jpg

73cc476c1299536965b4597269ef2bd2.jpg

fb18b8b62eeac721b933cf817d706aaf.jpg

884564ebbe44b48108bd040a37c4176e.jpg

e636defc9b1405dda0776fb2f592eb2f.jpg

bb4cd99e1e5f24503c40b007a4c326db.jpg

Now then chaps as best as I could here are the same shots at WA79 WITHOUT FTX Trees HD.

2015-3-15_11-33-36-952.jpg

2015-3-15_11-31-3-98.jpg

2015-3-15_11-32-3-962.jpg

2015-3-15_11-35-22-509.jpg

2015-3-15_11-36-6-984.jpg

You did a nice weekend tour, Iain. But, please, stick to the forum rules and post screenies with Orbx scenery in it.  8)

PS: Would you have one comparison shot with / wo the HD trees for us?

Just done that at WA79 as you can see with FTX Trees HD, it makes a Fantastic improvement im sure you agree.

cheers

Iain

when will this be made available? will this come with official ftx central version 2?

FTX Trees HD is a payware product so it will not come with FTXC V2, but they will work seamlessly together.  And it will be available soon ;)

And what about VAS impact?

Testers have not reported any negative performance so far, but we're still fairly early in the testing process.  We'll let you know, but it's looking good so far!

Cheers,

Scott

Magic shots Ian..Just Let me get this straight.. HD trees are a new program soon to be released that will change all the trees in the sim..or will they only show up in scenery specifically designed for them? Teecee.

Magic shots Ian..Just Let me get this straight.. HD trees are a new program soon to be released that will change all the trees in the sim..or will they only show up in scenery specifically designed for them? Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

Trees HD will overhaul all of the autogen trees in the FTX regions that you have installed, and Global if you have that.  It's a major upgrade :)

-Scott

"Trees HD will overhaul all of the autogen trees in the FTX regions that you have installed, and Global if you have that.  It's a major upgrade :)"

Oh wow! now that's an upgrade, thanks Scott. Only thing that worries me a bit is Aus.. I hope they do not overwrite too many of the Eucalypts. Teecee.

Hi Teecee,

Trees HD will overhaul all of the autogen trees in the FTX regions that you have installed, and Global if you have that.  It's a major upgrade :)

-Scott

Scott,

This looks really like a big improvement of scenery that is very good anyway (Orbx).

Any chance that we see not only the "normal" wide trees but also those nice slim nothern trees that are so typical for BC, Tongass Agrea and Alaska? That would improve the sceneries even more! 

Happy Landings!

DocBird

Scott,

This looks really like a big improvement of scenery that is very good anyway (Orbx).

Any chance that we see not only the "normal" wide trees but also those nice slim nothern trees that are so typical for BC, Tongass Agrea and Alaska? That would improve the sceneries even more! 

Happy Landings!

DocBird

Hi Till,

here you'll see lots and lots of "Tannen und Fichten"   :)

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/94330-introducing-ftx-trees-hd-immersion-redefined/

will Tropicle trees be covered as well?

As Scott says FTX Trees HD is compatible with ALL ORBX FTX products!  Whether you have Global, NA regions, AU, NZ, EU, or all of them, Trees HD will take the realism to the next level.

cheers

Iain

A Fantastic addition to your Orbx world indeed by Scott Armstrong and im sure you will love the new Trees it adds so much more to your sim.

All Taken in FSX.

Now then chaps as best as I could here are the same shots at WA79 WITHOUT FTX Trees HD.

Thanks, Iain,

Can you please tell what tree density (vegetation autogen) to used in your screenshots?

Hi Teecee,

-Scott

Just to confirm, the user won't be able to switch back to the current FTX autogen trees default after installing the Trees HD upgrade?  That is, the user would have to uninstall Trees HD?  My main concern right now is whether there's any significant VAS impact.

However, from the screenshots, Trees HD is clearly an absolutely amazing enhancement and I intend to purchase!  

No, you'll be able to switch between FTX Trees HD and the normal FTX trees just by selecting a tick box in FTX Central 2.

nice to know, still it would be nice to have a VAS reading with and without tree HD (the one from fsuipc is good), taking milford sound as a test would be good. (or PAYA or CZST or West Yellowstone) Etienne

Now, if you guys would just develop SmellFlow... that fresh pine scent gently wafting through your computer fans...  :D

Great idea Bruce but it could be nasty in the cockpit after a big night of curries :D  :D  :D

Damned dog, I shouldn't have let him fly today !

Very effective method of simulating extremely realistic looking tree's in FSX/P3D, they truly look dense. IMO these will look absolutely gorgeous in P3D 2 early in the morning as they cast

long real-time shadows across the land and flicker into the cockpit during takeoffs. Can't wait! :)

What TML value do you need to run these trees like in the shots?

If you're flying in default FSX/P3D, Global, NA or AU regions, no TML tweaks are needed at all!  These textures have been upsized from 512 to 1024, which is the default limit for FSX and requires no tweaks.

However, if you're flying in our EU or NZ FTX regions, a TML setting of 2048 or higher should be used to see the full resolution textures.  This is because the custom FTX trees for these regions were already using 1024 textures, so to upgrade the resolution I had to increase the texture size to 2048.  However, if you don't want to increase your TML setting beyond 1024, you will still get the benefit of much more realistic looking textures when flying in EU and NZ regions, just without the increase in resolution.

For those of you who don't know what TML is, it stands for Texture Max Load and defines the maximum size of the textures that can be displayed in FSX/P3D.  It can be easily changed using the free FTX Aero tool, and I will provide clear instructions for doing this in the Trees HD manual.

Archived