520/522 ERRORS .. I AM AWARE

Jay Kae

Please can everyone stop emailing me about this ? I am aware of the situation and I am working on it trying to find where the issue has escalated but thisis ten times more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack so please be patient and my apologies for the inconvenience but emailing me every 10 seconds is not going to make my work any faster.

9 hours later I think I may have tracked the issue, can you please IF you see another 520/521/522 error take a screenshot of the error and RAY ID if it shows on the screen and post it in THIS thread only, not to my email please lol 

Hi Jay,

My sympathies! Must be a nightmare!

Just had another one:

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b86c01f7b3a04ce

- with the error occurring right at the ORBX server "end".

If it's any consolation, I've been getting these a *lot* with Cloudflare networked sites. As a web developer myself, I've been following up on the claims Cloudflare make and I'm inclined to believe a fair proportion of it is BS ;)

Adam.

Thank you mate, no, there is something amiss in my tower at the host, but trying to track it down is a nightmare as you said been at it all day running various tests and different configs 

It is now affecting all the websites I run even if they are not on the same server so there is something not right at the junction but what .. I will just exclude all the probable causes which will leave me with the improbable .. which will be the cause lol 

Hi Jay Kae,

I got a couple of 522 errors in the past 20 minutes. Sorry, it's not possible to attach a screenshot at the moment - here's the ray ID as reported in the message: 1b8750bb9a9915c5.

(... trying to post this the 2nd time now)

[Edit]: It happened just again while trying to log off. Ray IDs this time: 1b876235197f08bd and (while trying to save these changes several times) 1b876dd8a2d90f4b / 1b87759ff2320f4b / 1b8776ae2a030f4b / 1b87789c26da0f51 / 1b877a52e78d0893 / 1b878079365115c5 and a few more.

It is because all the sites I run are in the same tower, not on the same servers but in the same tower, orbx is on the top then fullterrain.com, then fss then rex then OZx etc etc etc 

so as all the servers are affected it is a tower issue

... and to think we think it's bad enough when we get problems with FSX :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope you get it sorted! I hope you post what the problem/solution is/was - not that I'm likely to understand it, mind you!

As you can imagine, you have our combined appreciation.

Adam.

Haha problems with FSX is what I smile at .. this stuff is the real deal reverse engineering a error is what I live for  :banghead: lol

2351 and the latest lead led to nothing so back to the drawing board, going to catch an hour or two worth of zzzz's now though

Hi Jay,

In the spirit of letting you get on without interruption, this is just my latest info error message Ray ID @ - 10:55pm AEST 15/02/2015

Page loads are slow ending in 522 "Timeouts" Task changes result in Error, posting failures hang, banner notifications hang, error after every page load ending with 520 or 522 errors, too many still for effective forum nav.

27919f7793455d7eef2646de851ab1a7.jpg

Had these in the past hour and a half Jay.

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b93131f327706e2

Connection timed out

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b931523e3fb1389

Connection timed out

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b937876e8c91389

Connection timed out

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b93818be9ea1353

Connection timed out

Error 522 Ray ID: 1b9382cc83dd1371

Connection timed out

Thank you for the hard work you are doing on our behalf mate, and Good Luck in getting this one sorted.

cheers

Iain

Hi Jay,

I have been checking various forum functions throughout today, Mon 16/02/2015, the 522 Errors seem to have dissipated. Forum page loads and other functions are back to normal. Whatever you did and are doing (keep doing that), it seems to have made all the difference.

Thankyou for all your efforts

Kind regards Jeff

No, same tower, I have a tower with multiple servers for different websites but they are all interlinked of course some way or another to make piping easier and it looks like one piece of hardware was slightly faulty which has been replaced now on the outside of the tower causing a traffic bottleneck so let's see if it is the ONLY thing that was broken

Fine here also - has been for a day or so now :) - many thanks.

What was it in the end? Hardware or some mis-configuration of some kind?

Was it a 5lb or 10lb hammer that fixed it? The advanced Polish I.T. All-in-One Manual recommends nothing less than 10lbs, with a mention of a virgin of some kind.

Adam.

Archived