FTX EU NOR Norway is on short finals

John Venema

I agree with Sid's comments wholeheartedly.

ORBX's team are the reason flight simming is alive.

Thank you guys

You're right...they sure are my friend!  :smile:

Sid I am glad to read your comments -- most often they reflect my views, only way more eloquently stated. 

This is really going to be cool.  Norway is just one of those places that was always screaming out for an FTX region to be made -- as others have noted above, it has all the key ingredients, mountains, glaciers, coastlines, fjords for which it is so famous, towns and villages everywhere, and tons of bridges and hand-crafted goodness to spot from the air.  I never dreamed they'd do photo real Oslo and other towns, that is just going to make it perfect.

Now it is almost here, a reality.  I am glad I have reserved a few vacation days for the holidays to give this a thorough workout; so often I snap the latest ORBX offering and never have time to fly it.

Hey Rip! :smile:

Sorry buddy, have only just seen your comments. I'm not so sure about eloquent but thank you for such kind words my friend... Naturally, it obviously goes without saying that it then only follows and explains just why I too most often find myself agreeing and thinking the same thing as so many of your comments, perspectives and open-minded ideas. In fact its again the very case with everything you've just said in each of your points here...surprisingly every word in fact.

You're so right in what you say,.. this really is going to be very very cool! The Region was indeed so ripe for the Orbxing and for those very reasons, the mix of those tasty and well-complemented ingredients, and I too feel like, though every Region release is just fantastic, this one is just giving me that extra special feeling of excitement and intrigue and I haven't anticipated a Terrain Region in this way for some time. With my work patterns, i often end up doing the same thing as you when I buy to only find myself having to wait to fly, and like yourself, this time I'm also overjoyed to have some days off during the holiday period too and I find myself feeling like a little school kid at Christmas...Lol! How embarrassing! I remember, you've really been a fan of this one from the beginning. Can you believe, the time has come and it really is about to be a reality mate...Wow! How ready am I to explore every nook and cranny of this magical land of Trolls ?! The photoreal Oslo and Alesund were such a great surprise and the previews of them look fantastic...Such good choices and then there's even more photoreal areas, the awesome bridges, oil industry (I wonder if there's any offshore oil platforms) and lots of POIs, etc...Holger and all his team have really gone all out in their very first European scenery and I'm gobsmacked...now that surely is a step up yet again isn't it? How can they just keep stepping it up so often and for so long? That feat itself perplexes and impresses me. No-one else achieves that on such a scale.

Oh yes buddy, we most certainly are ready for this one, aren't we, and its kind of a surreal but great thought to know I won't be alone enjoying spending the holidays in the Nordic skies :) Very cool. See you,albeit in parallel, up there!  :smile: Enjoy...Not long at all now!  ::) 

You're right...they sure are my friend!  :smile:

Hey Rip! :smile:

Sorry buddy, have only just seen your comments. I'm not so sure about eloquent but thank you for such kind words my friend... Naturally, it obviously goes without saying that it then only follows and explains just why I too most often find myself agreeing and thinking the same thing as so many of your comments, perspectives and open-minded ideas. In fact its again the very case with everything you've just said in each of your points here...surprisingly every word in fact.

You're so right in what you say,.. this really is going to be very very cool! The Region was indeed so ripe for the Orbxing and for those very reasons, the mix of those tasty and well-complemented ingredients, and I too feel like, though every Region release is just fantastic, this one is just giving me that extra special feeling of excitement and intrigue and I haven't anticipated a Terrain Region in this way for some time. With my work patterns, i often end up doing the same thing as you when I buy to only find myself having to wait to fly, and like yourself, this time I'm also overjoyed to have some days off during the holiday period too and I find myself feeling like a little school kid at Christmas...Lol! How embarrassing! I remember, you've really been a fan of this one from the beginning. Can you believe, the time has come and it really is about to be a reality mate...Wow! How ready am I to explore every nook and cranny of this magical land of Trolls ?! The photoreal Oslo and Alesund were such a great surprise and the previews of them look fantastic...Such good choices and then there's even more photoreal areas, the awesome bridges, oil industry (I wonder if there's any offshore oil platforms) and lots of POIs, etc...Holger and all his team have really gone all out in their very first European scenery and I'm gobsmacked...now that surely is a step up yet again isn't it? How can they just keep stepping it up so often and for so long? That feat itself perplexes and impresses me. No-one else achieves that on such a scale.

Oh yes buddy, we most certainly are ready for this one, aren't we, and its kind of a surreal but great thought to know I won't be alone enjoying spending the holidays in the Nordic skies :) Very cool. See you,albeit in parallel, up there!  :smile: Enjoy...Not long at all now!  ::) 

Reading your posts in this thread is making me even more hyped than what i already was for this region! You should be a salesman :D :D I can't wait to go exploring!!! First thing i'll do is see if i can spot my house and attempt a landing in the back garden! 

Can ORBX please include Denmark in the first update for this region or at least FYNs land/ or just Odense... ::)

Not to say that i dont like the freeware , Denmark Scenery 1.4 or DenmarkMapX 2.1 (With modifications :- )

-Denmark is a little land and in Denmark we do not understand  :wacko:

But hey, i have almost the rest of the ORBx world and can't Flew all the Pixels in this Sim after all 8)  8)

Henrik

Can ORBX please include Denmark in the first update for this region or at least FYNs land/ or just Odense... ::)

Not to say that i dont like the freeware , Denmark Scenery 1.4 or DenmarkMapX 2.1 (With modifications :- )

-Denmark is a little land and in Denmark we do not understand  :wacko:

But hey, i have almost the rest of the ORBx world and can't Flew all the Pixels in this Sim after all 8)  8)

Henrik

Should be an easy feat. Denmark is just the size of Finnmark, the northernmost county of Norway, so it should take ORBX just a few weeks ;)

Does that include Greenland??? 8)

Kind regards

Henrik

Greenland was originally a part of Norway, along with Færøyene and Island! On a serious note though, I'd say Greeland belongs to the Eskimos. Maybe Aerosoft will do an Arctic scenery, just like they have done Antarctica (which is coming for P3D soon).

Sorry i have to correct you. Originally the land belong to the eskimos, then came "Erik den Røde, Denmark" and all chanced.

In the last many years Greenland have belong to Denmark, but as the altruistic people we are, we have gived the underground (Oil/Minerals o.a.

back to the Greenlands Aboriginal. We (Denmark) still support with substancial economical recurces to the aprox. 50.000 "Eskimoes"/People.

You are wrong there my Friend... Norway, Færøerne, island & Greenland have ,in the past belonged to Denmark.

Henrik

I was rather enjoying the regional history discourse smack-down between a couple of my Scandinavion forum friends.  Thought it was a nice diversion in between final preview threads.

In any event, I am busy doing a reinstall so I will probably wait a day or two before purchasing FTX Norway, sadly enough.  Not much more than that, hopefully.  Will stand aside and 'fly what I got' and do a bit of testing while you guys crush the servers.

Oh we could do the Greenland discussion for I while I'm afraid, I think slightly different versions of history and ownership exist between us (norwegians) and the danes.

But let's not  :lol:

But I agree that an FTX Denmark region would be great later on, at least for us scandinavians. Dunno about it's global appeal though. I fly alot (virtually) down there. 

Oh we could do the Greenland discussion for I while I'm afraid, I think slightly different versions of history and ownership exist between us (norwegians) and the danes.

But let's not  :lol:

But I agree that an FTX Denmark region would be great later on, at least for us scandinavians. Dunno about it's global appeal though. I fly alot (virtually) down there.

I was rather enjoying the regional history discourse smack-down between a couple of my Scandinavion forum friends.  Thought it was a nice diversion in between final preview threads.

In any event, I am busy doing a reinstall so I will probably wait a day or two before purchasing FTX Norway, sadly enough.  Not much more than that, hopefully.  Will stand aside and 'fly what I got' and do a bit of testing while you guys crush the servers.

Of course i buy Norway...in the end..and i can live with the freeware 1.4 Denmark Scenery o.a.

But history is history....or is it???

Henrik

And Bunkers. No hard feelings.

But history is history....or is it???

And Bunkers. No hard feelings.

No hard feelings indeed  :) I've yet to meet any1 who's emotional about the transfer of Greenland to Denmark. But it's quite an interesting story with the norwegian claim on "Erik the Red's Land"  (wiki article for those interested and to kill time while we wait). 

And as Ripcord says, history is written by the winners.

Peresonly i'm about to install FSX on my new X99 PC (to se if theres any Diff, and later i will install P3D ...Thats my plan so far.

Henrik

Sorry i have to correct you. Originally the land belong to the eskimos, then came "Erik den Røde, Denmark" and all chanced.

In the last many years Greenland have belong to Denmark, but as the altruistic people we are, we have gived the underground (Oil/Minerals o.a.

back to the Greenlands Aboriginal. We (Denmark) still support with substancial economical recurces to the aprox. 50.000 "Eskimoes"/People.

You are wrong there my Friend... Norway, Færøerne, island & Greenland have ,in the past belonged to Denmark.

Henrik

Don't disagree with you there. Grønland has always belonged to the Eskimos as I said in my original post.

Grønland was however colonized by Norway in 1261 (Færøyene in 1035, and Island in 1262). It was probalby discovered before year 1000 by Norwegian Vikings living in Island, and Leif Eriksson, who some historians believe "discovered" America, sailed via Island and Grønland to get there. As an interresting side note many parts of Scotland and Ireland also belonged to Norway during the "Viking Age".

Denmark got ownership of Greenland later, when they, Norway and Sweden joined forces in the the Kalmar Union in 1397. Norway became the weaker of the three Scandinavian countrties as the Viking Age came to an end, and it has stayed that way right up to this day. Norway wasn't an independent country until 1905, being ruled by Danes and Swedes for 500 years. Norway has only in recent years rised from relative poverty as they discovered oil in the North Sea in the 1960s.

Despite past fudes, the Scandinavian brotherhhod is strong, and the Scandinavian way of ruling and living has made Norway, Denmark and Sweden some of the best countries in the world to live in.

Sorry to take this off topic, but what is one to do while yet another F5 key has been worn out on the Flightsim Store search page :)

And as Ripcord says, history is written by the winners.

Not what I said exactly.  History is written by those that pay the bill.  The other side has a version of history as well, which can differ from that of the winner.  Even which side actually won could be disputed.

That is why you can so often find multiple versions of history, depending where you go and what you read.  Even here in the US you can still find different accounts of the same events, such as the civil war, in different parts of the same country.

Imagine what history books look like in places like Russia or China.

Sorry to take this off topic, but what is one to do while yet another F5 key has been worn out on the Flightsim Store search page :)

Exactly.  We got some time here.

No hard feelings indeed  :) I've yet to meet any1 who's emotional about the transfer of Greenland to Denmark. But it's quite an interesting story with the norwegian claim on  

Grønland was however colonized by Norway in 1261 (Færøyene in 1035, and Island in 1262). It was probalby discovered before year 1000 by Norwegian Vikings living in Island, and Leif Eriksson, who some historians believe "discovered" America, sailed via Island and Grønland to get there. As an interresting side note many parts of Scotland and Ireland also belonged to Norway during the "Viking Age".

Denmark got ownership of Greenland later, when they, Norway and Sweden joined forces in the the Kalmar Union in 1397. Norway became the weaker of the three Scandinavian countrties as the Viking Age came to an end, and it has stayed that way right up to this day. Norway wasn't an independent country until 1905, being ruled by Danes and Swedes for 500 years. Norway has only in recent years rised from relative poverty as they discovered oil in the North Sea in the 1960s.

Despite past fudes, the Scandinavian brotherhhod is strong, and the Scandinavian way of ruling and living has made Norway, Denmark and Sweden some of the best countries in the world to live in.

at the time that Norway had ovnership ..Norway actually was a part of Denmark.

Henrik

Not what I said exactly.  History is written by those that pay the bill. 

Fair enough, that's a more nuanced and true version I guess. Seems I was quoting Winston Churchill, not Ripcord. Got the two of you mixed up  :lol:

Now I really hope the release will be today (CET), I'm so ready for FTX Norway now... the "short finals" can feel quite long when you're excited.

Sorry we where the loosers becourse we (Denmark) pay aprox 2.000.000.000 Danish Kr. a year to Greenland, just beacourse we are good :)

I heve never heards of some payment from Norway... ???

Henrik

I love it...

Henrik

at the time that Norway had ovnership ..Norway actually wase a part of Denmark.

Henrik

No. Norway was independent until 1319 when they entered a Union with Sweden because Norway had been greatly weakned by the Black Detah plague. The first Denmark-Norway Union didn't come until 1380. So in a sense, both Norway and Sweden owned Grønland before Denmark. 

But as you say, it isn't a "cheap" country to own, so I don't envy you Danes the ownership of the island.  Taxes are high enough in Norway as it is. When people get to see the coastline and mountains we have to struggle with, try imagening the cost of building and maintaing roads, tunnels, bridges etc. for a population of 5 million. We've got enough upkeep as it is :)

As for history, people tend to trust written words far too much. People can't even remember what happened yesterday, yet they trust people to construct truths about what happend centuries ago.

Seems I was quoting Winston Churchill, not Ripcord. Got the two of you mixed up

Cannot say that this phenomenon has ever occured before...  I fact I am pretty sure you are the first!!

Now we are discussing taxation in the EU.... damn.  Those guys better get this product released pretty quick.  : )

Cannot say that this phenomenon has ever occured before...  I fact I am pretty sure you are the first!!

Now we are discussing taxation in the EU.... damn.  Those guys better get this product released pretty quick.  : )

Well, I'm off the F5 key. Gotta go maintain some Viking traditions: A meat eating feast complimented by øl and akevitt to celebrate jul!

Archived