FTX EU NOR Norway is on short finals

John Venema

Well people, we're pretty excited about team Holger's latest project, a year in the making and stuffed chock full of the best region content we've yet produced.

Holger and Ed are putting the finishing touches to the retail installer fileset as I speak and then it will wait for 3-greens from the testing team and Jay/Adrian populating the servers. Please be patient as we propagate the files across our CDN because we expect demand to be off the charts for this region.

Emmsie will soon post his final shots to start the countdown.

I'm so happy that this is coming true! It's almost too good to be true.

Now, take my money - it's literally being thrown at my screen:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJfkxsneRo&index=1&list=UUQMEeeLeo0PFuEwJoXEZVRQ

I need to get an extra job to keep up with all these new flightsim releases nowadays.

You guys are not the only one who have been releasing excellent add-ons in a increasing pace.

Better cancel all vacation plans for 2015 then :).

I would love to see the Holger led region team do a 'v2' update of England. No disrespect, but the Sim720 version didn't really hit the highs of the other Orbx regions. Its good, its just not FTX great.

Anyway, roll on Norway..... ^-^

Please be patient as we propagate the files across our CDN because we expect demand to be off the charts for this region.

I wonder why? >:D

I know!!!!!!! crazy nice country with crazy nice sceneries, coastline, fjord, mountains, rivers.

Here is my first screen-shot  8)  (yes a lot of photoshop...)

alesund-town-norway-jpg.jpg

Thank you for such an amazing job guys!

ALL factors considered, I honestly think this could well prove to be the finest Region scenery ever created for Flight Simulator!

I simply can't wait but working for the next 24 hours so I must wait just a little :( ...at least the servers will have a chance to cool just a little by tomorrow... ::) This is no doubt going to be one very successful release... :D

A huge and sincere thank you to John, Team Holger and all for such meticulous work and putting everything into this scenery so nicely...stepping FTX Regions up to the next level...Wow! And thanks to all the photography guys for the most amazing preview screenshot extravaganza of the most amazing region so far! You all posted some of the most gorgeous V key shots I've ever seen! In the end, even I couldn't keep up with commenting (sorry ;)  ::) )...Well I just didn't have time to get my jaw off the floor. But honestly, wonderful, wonderful job guys! Thank you so much and may the sales soar! Tomorrow, I visit Norway and I won't be leaving for one hell of a long time, at least until I've toured and explored most of the many, many wonders of this uniquely beautiful country...The long winter nights are going to be soooooo nice...Another great Christmas, thanks to Orbx! :D  :D :D  

What's even more amazing is that you guys haven't stopped there...When I see examples of what's to come from Orbx, in the form of OpenLC Cityscapes and FTX Global Photoreal areas of natural wonder, I'm just so happy to see how Orbx has not been standing still one bit all this time but is rather very much on the move and now really starting to spread its wings and widening its portfolio...and the world will continue to have more and more different, weird and wonderful places to fly and explore low and slow! Its only when we see the previews do we really see how there's so much of interest all over the globe. What a perfect direction, what perfect ideas! The Flight Simulation community worldwide can only expand into a gradually wider market with guys like you doing all the different things you're doing! And that just means good things for all  :smile: I'm proud to be a very happy supporter of Orbx and can't wait for another refreshing new playground I will have tomorrow...It's going to feel like one very long day at work today but I'm so looking forward to getting Norway and one other Region from FSS tomorrow and finally complete having all the Full-Fat Regions...for now at least.

Great work guys! As always, thank you very very much for putting so much in! I wish you an absolutely insane number of sales...indeed, not getting this region would be like shooting oneself in the foot!

All my best,

Sid :D

Sid I am glad to read your comments -- most often they reflect my views, only way more eloquently stated. 

This is really going to be cool.  Norway is just one of those places that was always screaming out for an FTX region to be made -- as others have noted above, it has all the key ingredients, mountains, glaciers, coastlines, fjords for which it is so famous, towns and villages everywhere, and tons of bridges and hand-crafted goodness to spot from the air.  I never dreamed they'd do photo real Oslo and other towns, that is just going to make it perfect.

Now it is almost here, a reality.  I am glad I have reserved a few vacation days for the holidays to give this a thorough workout; so often I snap the latest ORBX offering and never have time to fly it.

Archived