KPSP Palm Springs - astonishing!

Holy Cheese

Since the posts written in the announcement post have subsequently been deleted and that post locked, I'll take the liberty to come back and post here.

This is without doubt the most astonishing airport scenery I have ever seen - great work Jarrad! The little details are superb - the moving escalator at the terminal , for example - and I just loved the train going by underneath me as I flew above the highway. And frame rates - what can I say? In P3D2.4 with 60% airline and GA traffic enabled, ASN running, though the weather wasn't too bad, and only static airliners unticked in the control panel, I was getting 40+ fps on the ground and 60 - 70 in the air in the Alabeo WACO.

I still have a lot to explore yet, but so far I am truly flabbergasted by this work.

really looking forward to your next project, Jarrad!

Thanks

Jack

I must agree, it looks outstanding.   ^-^  ^-^  ^-^ 

I am hoping that Cairns might be next on the agenda for a little tweaking soon to bring it up to speed and fix the problems it currently has.

It would be nice as Jarrad's work is certainly very impressive on this project and I think Cairns deserves the same treatment.

Jarrad,

I have never been to Palm Springs but I have now taken three long local flights around this masterpiece. The scenery is fully engageing and the textures real to my eyes. I look forward to many, many hours enjoying the product of your hard work. Thank you! I am so glad that I did not hesitate to jump on this one at release and I encourage others to jump in.

Downloading now based on the reviews! Could anyone please point to me to all of Jarrad's other works?

Hi Dylan,

Jarrad has done 8 other payware airports and 1 freeware airport for Orbx (that I could find, at least):

Thanks guys, I'm so glad you are all enjoying the scenery :) Thank you too for the nice comments, it's always very rewarding to see nice feedback like this after all the work that goes into a project such as PSP. I hope you all have many hours of enjoyment exploring the area, and thanks again for the support. 

Hi Dylan,

Jarrad has done 8 other payware airports and 1 freeware airport for Orbx (that I could find, at least):

Just for continuity's sake, I've also done Jackson Hole KJAC for CRM and a very early one, Cunderdin YCUN freeware for AU Blue. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Yes -it's superb.  You need to explore by heli -there's so much detail to find.

Such as the bill-boards lining the road into Palm Springs - low and slow they turn out to be adverts for Jarrad's other NA airports.  Had to smile!   A must-have. 

Ariel

I took a good walk around the airport last night with BOB, the details are simply amazing - loved the guy bouncing on the slide in the playground groundside :)

Also then flew low and slow along highway 10 in both directions to the other airports included in the package and saw all the billboards too - must have cost ORBX a fortune in advertising fees!

Simply loving this scenery :):):)

Jack

I'm getting ready to buy Palm Springs(KPSP).

Can anyone tell me where FTX Central needs to be set, when installing Palm Springs. I'm assuming Central should be set to North America etc.

GrayRider

Mine was set to Global Hybrid mode.

There was nothing in the installer that told me otherwise.

Enjoy KPSP - amazing.

Jas

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the lovely feedback - I hope you are enjoying Palm Springs :) In answer to your question RE FTX Central mode:

In short, both Global and NA will display KPSP as intended. It will depend more on what other ORBX Global/region products you have installed, and where you would like to fly to/from KPSP:

1. For those that only have Global installed (ie no regions installed) - set FTX Central to Global 

2. For those that have Global and one or more of our North American Regions - set FTX Central to NA (see quote from Holger below)

3. For those that only have one or more of our NA regions installed (including the free PNW demo) set FTX Central to NA

4. For those that have Global and one or more of our regions and wish to fly to/from KPSP to a non-American region (ie FTX ENG, FTX AU, FTX NZ etc) set FTX Central to Global Hybrid

Holger Sandmann, on 29 Oct 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:snapback.png

Hi there,

while the difference is fairly minimal, for North America you lose more detail when flying in Hybrid mode in the FTX regions than flying in North America mode outside the FTX regions so the choice is clear: stay in North America mode. For Europe and Oceania the situation is reversed so you always want to select Hybrid mode when doing flights that move you outside the FTX regions.

Cheers, Holger

This quote can be found within the context of this discussion topic

I hope this answers your question. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

1. For those that only have Global installed (ie no regions installed) - set FTX Central to Global 

2. For those that have Global and one or more of our North American Regions - set FTX Central to NA (see quote from Holger below)

3. For those that only have one or more of our NA regions installed (including the free PNW demo) set FTX Central to NA

4. For those that have Global and one or more of our regions and wish to fly to/from KPSP to a non-American region (ie FTX ENG, FTX AU, FTX NZ etc) set FTX Central to Global Hybrid.

I have all regions and just bought Global... I'm set to Global and all look fine??? At least in the airport vicinity.

Anyway, I'm flabbergasted (if my English is ok) ^-^  

Spent the evening flying and filming, from 11 to 2am started doing a video. Almost done. I think you will like this one 8) Working on a grand final this morning.

Ben

Absolutely Ben, Global mode will also work perfectly fine (and most importantly, KPSP will look exactly the same with either mode enabled). NA mode is preferred, but the differences will be seen outside the product coverage area, and to be honest there won't be too much difference between the two modes.

I look very much forward to your video!

Thanks,

Jarrad

Thanks guys, I'm so glad you are all enjoying the scenery :) Thank you too for the nice comments, it's always very rewarding to see nice feedback like this after all the work that goes into a project such as PSP. I hope you all have many hours of enjoyment exploring the area, and thanks again for the support. 

Just for continuity's sake, I've also done Jackson Hole KJAC for CRM and a very early one, Cunderdin YCUN freeware for AU Blue. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad typed: Just for continuity's sake, and my response to that...with having become a Palm Springs devotee.....is that Jarrad should take over the whole Southern California 'project', on the FAT side of things....   Seriously....KPSP is one of the best ORBX airport add-ons, ever to grace my system.  The immersion factor out of '10'...is 20.     I could fly over the encircling mountain ranges for two weeks, and still not see every crag, crevice, and terrain feature, let alone the greater Palm Springs area itself,.....of which is the whole idea behind this package!

Jarrad,

This is great scenery.  Is there anyway to tone down the runway bumping noise?  This is probably just the way it is in real life but is just a little distracting for me.

Thanks for some super scenery.

Tom Hibben

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the lovely feedback - I hope you are enjoying Palm Springs :) In answer to your question RE FTX Central mode:

In short, both Global and NA will display KPSP as intended. It will depend more on what other ORBX Global/region products you have installed, and where you would like to fly to/from KPSP:

4. For those that have Global and one or more of our regions and wish to fly to/from KPSP to a non-American region (ie FTX ENG, FTX AU, FTX NZ etc) set FTX Central to Global Hybrid

Holger Sandmann, on 29 Oct 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:snapback.png

This quote can be found within the context of this discussion topic

I hope this answers your question. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I found too many errors in scenery when setting Central to North America and flying outside the area. There were some strange patches on the ground around cities like Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

I now set Central to Hybrid and can fly down to los Angeles and Vegas from NCA and other NA areas without any problems with ground scenery.

Archived