A quick Australian tour to test new installs...

twsimfan

Hi guys,

Due to my slow wit I was having trouble getting P3Dv2 compatible copies of YPEC, YPMQ, & YSCH. downloaded.

One of the better friends there is for every flight simmer, Holger Sandman, sorted me out on that. Not the first time he has had to drill past my ignorance.

So lets start at YPEC Aeropelican:

xrO0t.jpg

I was wanting to test all 3 airports and I didn't think to take any shots at YPEC until I had landed and was ready to leave but it does look good to me.

q8Mw1.jpg

So here I am taking off from YPMQ Port Macquarie.

NVM6e.jpg

Interesting area.

IVCAt.jpg

I need to do some research on this area so I know what all that stuff down there is.

SYKes.jpg

A nice big runway.

polnS.jpg

Yes I know... this is not the correct parking area for airplanes but I need to move onto the next place. Nice palm trees. :)

dFvQy.jpg

So I have just taken off from YSCH  Coffs Harbour. Pretty place but is a harbour anything like a harbor?

6D4xm.jpg

Nice beach.

cOjNM.jpg

Some nice hills and I do see an airliner down there... I haven't been seeing many of them since I switched to P3D.

WU0Aq.jpg

I guess that is the town over there. These are straight P3D/FTX water textures.

myYIh.jpg

A nice marina. :)

YXGRd.jpg

A cool patrol boat. Moving on again.

ApncF.jpg

I don't think I have looked at YMML Melbourne since I switched to HDR Lighting so that is what I'm about here.

4M9Q.jpg

One of these days I need to select a nice slow aircraft and go checkout downtown Melbourne.

Ts9Gw.jpg

Going to overfly YMML.

uJlK.jpg

I have 2 airliners down ttere. It seems as if I was getting a lot more of them at YBCS in FSX but that airport isn't P3Dv2 ready yet and I have removed all of my AU FTX from FSX to clear space on my SSD for FTX in P3D so I can't look & compare.

xiSoN.jpg

Now lets checkout some of the buildings in the YMML immediate area...

jsc7r.jpg

... looking good here...

co43a.jpg

... a lot of detail here.

zvcIM.jpg

The ground seems fairly flat around here but kind of pretty and the land is showing more contour now that I am using HDR.

jayE.jpg

Getting the lighting sorted out in P3D is a challenge but I'm getting there a little bit at a time.

LSmXc.jpg

Interesting tower. That gold thing is the tower... right?

vzuR4.jpg

I decided I need to take a bit better look at YPEC so here we go again.

BZU5.jpg

I haven't found any Aussie paints for my WACO yet.

ylvKL.jpg

Pretty area.

viPbM.jpg

The WACO can be a challenge with a small field.

D60Lp.jpg

Nice trees. :)

If you lasted this long then I wish to thank you for viewing. :D

Cheers,

Tom Wunder

Great set..your scenery all lots great

Stu

Thank you Stu.

Love them all !

Thanks.

Very nice!

Thank yee.

Thanks Tom for a good look around the East Coast.

It still takes me a few seconds to translate that when somebody makes reference to the East or West Coast that it isn't the coasts I'm used to... just as if you and I were to talk about "WA" we would be taling about different places. Thanks Anton. :)

Wow - These look amazing Tom , I am glad you got REX and P3D up and running smoothly .

Cheers

Brad

Hi Brad. Actually I haven't yet figured out REX and I have not yet paid the fee or got it hooked up to P3D. I need to do all that but I'm trying to get a better handle on how to do P3D properly before I complicate the situation. What you see in these shots are stock weather themes... mostly "cold front" or "fair weather" as they appear in DX11 with HDR Lighting turned on. If somebody who was good at setting up weather in P3D... which I am not... I think they could make some cash making & selling weather themes for various types of weather at various altitudes. Kind of like the ones that come with FTX scenery but they could be packaged in groups of 10 or 12. Anybody out there got any talent?

Fantastic shots!

Every one of them!

Thank you sir.

Great collection of birds and locations. Beautiful shots Tom! Thanks for posting.

Thanks Karsten. I need to quit buying new aircraft for a while... but then I said that last week. I guess it is kind of an addiction... yikes!

Good night all...     :)

Very nice set of shots you have here Tom.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud.

Some fantastic shots Tom.

cheers

Iain

Thank you sir.

Great shots, Tom. This looks like you had real pleasure on these flights!

Isn't that the point of all of this? Thanks Gerold. ;)

Beautiful indeed!

Thanks.

Another excellent set Tom which I have enjoyed immensely.

You have some fine aircraft in your hangar.

BTW the tower at YMML is below your aircraft in the 3rd YMML shot. The yellow one is a water tower or similar.

Very nice shots and I'm glad your enjoying P3D.I switched to and haven't looked back. The HDR lighting is nice but without a 3rd party texture program like REX 4 TD that can lighten up things a bit, the default is kind of a low light affair. If you don't mind me asking are you using AUS SP 4 FTX region with Holgermesh outside your pay ware airport scenery? Or is the texture set and terrain strait from FTX Global and Vector? The reason I ask is I personally noticed a difference in the way FTX Global displayed the Australian landscape textures compared to the FTX region AUS SP4. I actually like the FTX Global Australian textures better than AUS SP4 textures because its Winter in Australia now and in AUS SP4 the landscape was a dull brown color but during the same time FTX Global Australian textures are much more vivid with greens abound. Has anyone noticed this? Also, I like the look of Global trees for Australia better than the ones in AUS SP4.

Another excellent set Tom which I have enjoyed immensely.

You have some fine aircraft in your hangar.

BTW the tower at YMML is below your aircraft in the 3rd YMML shot. The yellow one is a water tower or similar.

Thank you for the kind words.

Thanks to the link you provided on another thread I have some A36 paints downloading at this time. I appreciate the help! :D

Yes that was dumb of me on those YMML shots... I realized that it didn't look much like a control tower then noticed that the actual tower was clearly shown in the previous shot.

But of course I noticed all this after it was too late to edit my post. Good to see that somebody actually notices what I say.

Thanks again for all of the above. :)

Some award winners there Tom!

Keep up the very good work!!!

O0

Thank you sir.

Very nice shots and I'm glad your enjoying P3D.I switched to and haven't looked back. The HDR lighting is nice but without a 3rd party texture program like REX 4 TD that can lighten up things a bit, the default is kind of a low light affair. If you don't mind me asking are you using AUS SP 4 FTX region with Holgermesh outside your pay ware airport scenery? Or is the texture set and terrain strait from FTX Global and Vector? The reason I ask is I personally noticed a difference in the way FTX Global displayed the Australian landscape textures compared to the FTX region AUS SP4. I actually like the FTX Global Australian textures better than AUS SP4 textures because its Winter in Australia now and in AUS SP4 the landscape was a dull brown color but during the same time FTX Global Australian textures are much more vivid with greens abound. Has anyone noticed this? Also, I like the look of Global trees for Australia better than the ones in AUS SP4.

Hi Gijas,

I started to do this reply about 12 hours ago but realized that this would take a bit more thought than I was capable of at 2 AM.

I am still adapting to P3D and there are features I miss from FSX and even a couple that I wish they had grabbed from MS Flight but I have not made a flight in FSX in over 3 weeks now and I doubt I will. If I do it will only be to test. At this point I am pretty much committed to P3D.

A week or so ago I was battling with the issue of HDR Lighting but it comes down to the fact that you have to use HDR to get all the good stuff out of DX11 and that is the point of going to P3D.

I don't have REX 4... I may have to look into it. I do have REX Essentials Plus with Overdrive but I really haven't learned to use it yet. I bought it shortly before the system crash that led to my new video card which in turn led to my decision to try out P3Dv2. I bought REX from PC Aviator and it was marketed as being for FSX or P3D. I have no intention of using it with FSX now that I'm converting to P3D so I asked on the REX support forums if I needed to pay the fee to connect it to P3D if I took it out of FSX first. They said that I do indeed need to pay the fee. I have issues with that decision but they have the home field advantage and they make the rules. So after I get some of the other issues that go along with moving from FSX to P3D sorted out I am sure I will pay the fee and learn how to use REX within P3D. It is only a $5 fee and I've been spending much more than that on other stuff but their tone was a bit arrogant in my opinion so I am sulking (pouting?) for a while before I go ahead with it. Five dollars is not significant but they rubbed me the wrong way... I guess I probably didn't impress them much either.

But from what you and a couple of others have said it seems I may have the wrong REX product anyway. Should I be checking more on REX 4 or will REX Ess+ w/OD do the same job?

I do not own FTX Global or any of the components of Global at this time. I have AU-SP4 with Holger's mesh with 4 payware airports plus the 7 freeware ones. I own 2 more payware ones but they aren't yet P3Dv2 compatible.

I do realize it is Winter down there but the closest I ever got to Australia in real life was a 4 hour stopover at Wake Island many years ago. So I really don't know how it is supposed to look. I also can not compare AU-SP4 with Global. But I do gather from what you and a number of other people have said that eventually I will have to look into it.

Grand set of shots Tom!!

Thank you Adam. :)

Archived