ENNK Narvik airport - Development shots

Here are some development shots of Narvik airport and surroundings (northern Norway).

This airport is for FTX Global and features a sloped runway. It will be patched to work with FTX Norway North when that region is released. These screenshots show it installed with FTX Global.

2013-07-19_09-14-03_ennk_narvik_3.jpg

2013-07-19_09-14-31_ennk_narvik_4.jpg

2013-07-19_09-14-45_ennk_narvik_1.jpg

2013-07-19_09-15-02_ennk_narvik_2.jpg

2013-07-19_09-15-11_ennk_narvik_5.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!!! :D

This is the first time I'm personally experiencing your work Tore but this is just AMAZING! Outstanding! I'm so looking forward to this, the whole place just looks stunning and so exciting! The Fjords of Norway are sure to be a truly awesome experience!

And it looks just perfect with FTX Global. By the way, great idea John launching the first (of many, I hope) of the FTX Global range of airports. Lets hope great and interesting airports carpet themselves all over the globe :smile: ! Its time for World domination!   :lol:

I'll definitely be getting this one to start! Well done guys, really well done! As Rockliffe says "looks gorgeous. Another Credit Card hit!"

Cheers,

Sid

Outstanding! I like the last shot best!

One question: If it is designed to work with FTXG (which does not have a mesh and though doesn't change the elevation of the airport) does this mean that it can also be used without FTXG in default FSX/P3D?

One question: If it is designed to work with FTXG (which does not have a mesh and though doesn't change the elevation of the airport) does this mean that it can also be used without FTXG in default FSX/P3D?

I would hazard a guess that you'd be correct in that assumption DocBird, as FTXG simply replaces the default textures but only Tore, JV or one of the Orbx staff could confirm it for sure. I use FSGlobal 2010 mesh and am hoping it should work fine with that too. I can't see there being any problem whatsoever mate, except that the blend with the surrounding terrain will match FTXG much better than it will default. Should work fine though.

Best regards,

Sid

We have a very high res custom mesh for the area and also default, so we will make it work with both.

Nice work!   I'm excited to get the new FTXG and really looking forward to the new airports being developed for it.  It's like the whole world will be upgraded from a C experience to a B experience with FTXG, then region by region upgraded to an "A" experience!   Even parts of the world that won't get the full,fat FTX treatment will still be more than worthwhile to visit/explore, esp with regional airports being developed for FTXG.  What a great combo of goodness!

We have a very high res custom mesh for the area and also default, so we will make it work with both.

Thanks for getting back so fast! And I am glad to hear that!

That makes it easier to wait for Norway North to come out!

Looks great though I would love to see this style of airports that are capable of taking the NGX similar to YHBA, Jackson Hole and other great sceneries

Its a great mix where GA meets "smaller" jet aircraft ie the E jets, 737's, A319's etc etc  in a fantastic location :)

Looks great though I would love to see this style of airports that are capable of taking the NGX similar to YHBA, Jackson Hole and other great sceneries

Its a great mix where GA meets "smaller" jet aircraft ie the E jets, 737's, A319's etc etc  in a fantastic location :)

Are there no Dash 8 flights to Narvik?  Wideroe airlines?

I do like some regional connections here and there, particularly in out of the way places.  I think this place will fit that description nicely.

Exceptional work!  I would ordinarily not be interested in this part of the world for FSX (kind of far away from, well, everything!) but the quality of what you have done here makes this something I will seriously consider... 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, great to see north Norway get it's first payware airport, have been to Narvik many times and these screenshoots are spot on  :). Also cool to see that Aerosoft is doing Værøy ENVY, wich is not that far away from this one(I also got FSGRW devs to make the weather effects for it to make it a real challenge). Can hardly wait 8)

Archived