[FTX GLOBAL] Euro randoms (11 shots)

Although not specifically mentioned here but I seriously guess you're either using a super secret state of the art technology or, putting simple, a special mix of autogen and landclass... Cuz I can even see the Turning Torso on the seventh screenshot! And it makes me feel very excited about FTX Global. :)

Thank you, John, and all the guys behind this amazing project!!!

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical that this product was going to be worth the price tag. But as time goes on, more and more I am impressed with the amount of work going into this. I'm converted, you can count me in. THIS is what FSX should've looked like when it was released.

Great shots, keep up the good work. I'm sure it will be your most popular product.

I'll tell you the truth: I never ever was interested in flying around Europe and eastern USA until I installed the very first build of FTX Global. Now ... I cannot stop flying, it's an addiction discovering all these places which look so damn cool from 0 - 10,000 FT

When we add our OSM stuff (more new tech) you guys will be blown away, I promise you that.

What is "OSM stuff"???

I'll tell you the truth: I never ever was interested in flying around Europe and eastern USA until I installed the very first build of FTX Global. Now ... I cannot stop flying, it's an addiction discovering all these places which look so damn cool from 0 - 10,000 FT

When we add our OSM stuff (more new tech) you guys will be blown away, I promise you that.

Okay, I must admit I was kinda impressed untill I read in your signature that you use the following programs: SceneryTech LC, UTX LC, openVFR LC plus mesh from FSGenesis

What I would realllly like to se is FSX with JUST FTX Global on top, to see what I might expect if I buy it, since I don't have any of the above mentioned addons.

I suppose I'm not the only one, so some shots of places (Denmark especially :-) ) with and without FTX global, please.

What is "OSM stuff"???

OSM = Open Street Maps, an open source map data project from which we can create roads, rivers, railways, coastlines and other terrain features. Many third party addons like openVFR, UTX, SceneryTech etc use some OSM (and other) data, but they don't know about our new textures, making them slightly limited.

Okay, I must admit I was kinda impressed untill I read in your signature that you use the following programs: SceneryTech LC, UTX LC, openVFR LC plus mesh from FSGenesis

What I would realllly like to se is FSX with JUST FTX Global on top, to see what I might expect if I buy it, since I don't have any of the above mentioned addons.

I suppose I'm not the only one, so some shots of places (Denmark especially :-) ) with and without FTX global, please.

The first three shots are default FSX + FTX Global. The others are using UTX Europe. To be honest there is often not a huge difference with using third party addons or default, mainly because the third party addons only call the limited FSX texture palette. My advice would be to just purchase FTX Global by itself and use it with a fresh new install of FSX. We are looking into a base OSM LC layer to ship with it that calls many of our new texture classes.

I'll try to show some FSX Default and FTX Global comparison shots over the coming weeks since this has been asked a few times. When I do those I won't use any third party addons.

Was waiting to purchase "Prepar3d" because I do NOT wan't the headache of trying to re-install MASSIVE amounts of Addon's & Patches from multiple vendors all over again... I think FTX Global will ease most of that. Global release will be a good time to jump over to P3D! Can't wait !!!!

Sorry, this maybe a stupid question.

I only really fly around NZ or Australia, therefore FTX Global wouldn't enhance any of these regions would it?

Cheers Dave

Correct, if you already have the AU regions and the two NZ regions, you have the best there is already.....however if you like flying up in PNG... or ... in the pacific area it will open up this whole area :)

I was convinced from day one since the announcemenet as well - and i am still getting more and more convinced with each and every new preview from FTX Global here!

Great work even by now! Keep on with it!

Simply amazing!

OSM = Open Street Maps, an open source map data project from which we can create roads, rivers, railways, coastlines and other terrain features.

We are looking into a base OSM LC layer to ship with it that calls many of our new texture classes.

GREAT!!

A new revised set of accurate landclasses toghether with textures using all of them, will really change radically the look of our simulator.

Only, PLEASE, make theese products installable on Prepar3D (as well as you already done for the other products), and I will farewell other competitors products.

I think also you can score a new sell record, even better than FTX England.

OSM = Open Street Maps, an open source map data project from which we can create roads, rivers, railways, coastlines and other terrain features. Many third party addons like openVFR, UTX, SceneryTech etc use some OSM (and other) data, but they don't know about our new textures, making them slightly limited.

The first three shots are default FSX + FTX Global. The others are using UTX Europe. To be honest there is often not a huge difference with using third party addons or default, mainly because the third party addons only call the limited FSX texture palette. My advice would be to just purchase FTX Global by itself and use it with a fresh new install of FSX. We are looking into a base OSM LC layer to ship with it that calls many of our new texture classes.

I'll try to show some FSX Default and FTX Global comparison shots over the coming weeks since this has been asked a few times. When I do those I won't use any third party addons.

Hi John,

the upcoming FTX Global looks really terrific. I will buy it for sure.

I have some questions:

• You mentioned that you will ship an own OSM LC layer and that UTX, SceneryTech etc. won’t load your new textures. So far ok. For the best results I’ll have to deactivate other custom LC’s?
  • Do you also use other sources than OSM? Because even in Germany the OSM Data doesn’t cover the whole country in the same quality. So when I deactivate UTX and SceneryTech I will get the best visual, but not the best realty (lack of data in OSM)?
  • Will you provide some recommended settings for the correct order of your LC and other custom LC’s?
Regards

Reingard

Archived