Here are some preview shots of my work on Anchorage. The approach into Merrill Field over the downtown is thrilling complete with an excellent job on the field itself by Neil Hill.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More to come soon with other photoreal locations around SAK!

Having a sister up in Anchorage , I have been up their numerous times and you have really nailed the scenery . I look

Forward to seeing more shots . Maybe some from the Lake Hood Seaplane Base ? .

John

Hi there,

Will SimWing (Aerosoft) PANC work/blend into the SAK well?

I'm trying my best to make the SAK and PANC work together. You'll probably need to manually deactivate some PANC files though nothing that removes any PANC functionality. It's just that the PANC developers made some odd choices in regards to local terrain, presumably to enable their moving train.

Cheers, Holger

Wow ! it s too much in the day for me , alaska....cardiff international airport....and you Mr Alex Goff with a superb anchorage shots....What is missing now ! some new shots from FTX Global... ::) ? You want kill me...? :lol:

Thank Alex for your very good work and the very nice surprise.

Thank Holger for your reply and hard work to allow these two products to compliment each other. On my new system I didnt put UTAlaska back in my sim knowing SAK will be coming out. PANC without UTA offers great frames so I really hoped it would work with SAK and thanks to your help, it sounds like it will. Many thanks!

This is simply breathtakingly amazing - ... again and again You great people at ORBX keep raising the bar higher and higher!

WOW!

Hi there,

I'm trying my best to make the SAK and PANC work together. You'll probably need to manually deactivate some PANC files though nothing that removes any PANC functionality. It's just that the PANC developers made some odd choices in regards to local terrain, presumably to enable their moving train.

Cheers, Holger

Thank Holger for your reply and hard work to allow these two products to compliment each other. On my new system I didnt put UTAlaska back in my sim knowing SAK will be coming out. PANC without UTA offers great frames so I really hoped it would work with SAK and thanks to your help, it sounds like it will. Many thanks!

Many, many Thanks from my side as well!

Can't wait to get myself flying some heavies into PANC now - ... within an ORBX environment!

Juneau is also being worked on, it's got a huge photoreal area :) Pictures will be appearing soon!

SUPER!

Wow ! it s too much in the day for me , alaska....cardiff international airport....and you Mr Alex Goff with a superb anchorage shots....What is missing now ! some new shots from FTX Global... ::) ? You want kill me...? :lol:

Thank Alex for your very good work and the very nice surprise.

+1 ...

... and i am in for some new FTX Global previews as well ... ;):D

Looks great!

However, if I may suggest something regarding the bridge pylons (that I noticed in other ORBX sceneries too): they appear unnaturally bright and stick out too much. In real life, they would be shaded by the bridge and appear in a dull grey, especially in their upper part. Maybe you can change the texture of the pylons?

Looks great!

However, if I may suggest something regarding the bridge pylons (that I noticed in other ORBX sceneries too): they appear unnaturally bright and stick out too much. In real life, they would be shaded by the bridge and appear in a dull grey, especially in their upper part. Maybe you can change the texture of the pylons?

They are default FSX extrusion bridges :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PANC without UTA offers great frames

I struggled alot with frames at PANC, then I played around abit with the settings for UTA.

There are two options you could try, the first will give you some FPS increase, the other will give you huge FPS increase.

1. Try the AlaskaModels1alt preset in the "improve performance using saved environmental presets" button in the setup tool. (This method doesn't remove any eyecandy)

2. "Improve performance by tweaking individual areas" In UTAlaska setup in the "Improve performance by tweaking individual areas" , change the "Houses as standard Scenery Library Objects" to "Houses as standard autogen objects" all around the Ancourage area. (This removes some eyecandy as the normal autogen will not look as good as Scenery Lbrary Objects)

Using the last method I'm now able to hold a stable 30FPS with the PMDG J41, with the first method I was able to get 20-22 FPS, And whitout the tweaks My FPS was 9-12.

Why remove UTA when it can be a great extension of the SAK region as it covers whole of alaska, and you have already paid for it, would be a shame to just let the product collect dust. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some preview shots of my work on Anchorage. The approach into Merrill Field over the downtown is thrilling complete with an excellent job on the field itself by Neil Hill.

More to come soon with other photoreal locations around SAK!

@ Alex: Can you comment on the fps in the new ORBX-Anchorage-Area?

I struggled alot with frames at PANC, then I played around abit with the settings for UTA.

There are two options you could try, the first will give you some FPS increase, the other will give you huge FPS increase.

1. Try the AlaskaModels1alt preset in the "improve performance using saved environmental presets" button in the setup tool. (This method doesn't remove any eyecandy)

2. "Improve performance by tweaking individual areas" In UTAlaska setup in the "Improve performance by tweaking individual areas" , change the "Houses as standard Scenery Library Objects" to "Houses as standard autogen objects" all around the Ancourage area. (This removes some eyecandy as the normal autogen will not look as good as Scenery Lbrary Objects)

Using the last method I'm now able to hold a stable 30FPS with the PMDG J41, with the first method I was able to get 20-22 FPS, And whitout the tweaks My FPS was 9-12.

Why remove UTA when it can be a great extension of the SAK region as it covers whole of alaska, and you have already paid for it, would be a shame to just let the product collect dust. :)

Good to know these settings.

I have had some flights on the weekend and was shocked about the frame rates! Down to 10 sometimes in Anchorage with Aerosoft PANC installed (in a default Goose!).

So I will try your suggestions and hope to have it flyable again!

Archived