Sweetfx ENG

pgreenwo

Wow!!... Its shots like these that makes me wanna abandone P3D and go back to FSX. I really like the natural tones and colours. Sometimes fsx can look over saturated in colours but these are close to real as real can be :)

Thanks John. I use P3d too now and then. I find the colours a bit Vivid in P3d but I just can't live with the ATC issue.

Thanks all!

The ground does look pretty good! I agree on the bump. Are those pics post-sharpened in any way? They're very crisp!

I've had a love-hate relationship with DX10. I liked the (slightly better) frame-rates and the much better water, but got fed up of all the missing textures in many scenery objects (not all variations of time/season were ever completed for DX10 preview). Also, a fair few of my favourite aircraft didn't like it.

I ended up tweaking the hell out of my DX9 settings and am quite happy with the results. If I ever change, it will be a move to P3D.

Adam.

• 3 months later...

I've moved back to FSX from P3D now that DX10 is working properly. I get 30fps with the NGX, ORBX ENG and REX all running. These shots are amazing, my SweetFX looks too bright... Anywhere we can get your SweetFX settings from please?

I use ENB and I typically get excellent results. However, ENB can screw your FSX install if you're not careful.

I've been looking at SFX for awhile now, and after seeing these, I might have to make a move.

I personally think these are some of the best shots I've seen from fsx in repsect of colour and tone.

As stated earlier I would be happy to see my sim looking as good.

Re sweet fx, anyone know of anywhere that has a walk through guide for setting it up, I have d/loaded it but not too bright on getting it to work.

cheers

I personally think these are some of the best shots I've seen from fsx in repsect of colour and tone.

As stated earlier I would be happy to see my sim looking as good.

Re sweet fx, anyone know of anywhere that has a walk through guide for setting it up, I have d/loaded it but not too bright on getting it to work.

cheers

Don't download the injector suite. Just get the installer version which will enable you to use it without jacking up your FSX install.

http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?p=91

@ pgreenwo

Would you be willing to post your SFX settings here?

Although those are "good" shots I guess I'll make more of an observation rather than a compliment. Don't missunderstand, they do look great :smile: and that is why I want to address the issues that come with DX10 and SweetFX.

1) The ability to see so far into the distance and make out the such detail is very promising. Have you increased your LOD? If so what is it and also what are your fps at your current setting?

2) Somehow it looks like it just can't get the proper AF. What is your AF setting and where is it set? (FSX or NI)

3) With those settings would you be able to go over water and record a short clip showing a bit of sun glare? My shimmering was awful.

I have tried DX10 as well as SweetFX, was very hopeful, but finally gave up because of the lack of AA and AF.

I saw recently a couple of guys who haad some great pics showing their ability to get it close to perfect. I do think even though FSX was never really completely finished as far as DX10 goes I am hopeful that those who keep pushing will eventually get it.

hat's off for not giving up................I just get to impatient ! >:(

Thanks

Thanks all.

Chik - as in my op the AA is the issue. With dx10 and sweet fx the AA settings I use in inspector the lines look quite poor in some cases. Ground and sky look great and LOD is 5.5. I used the dx10 shader from fswater and the water looks pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Archived