What a lovely place this is.

StormVR6

Until getting back into flight sims only a few months ago I hadn't bothered with forums for many years. Unfortunately most seemed to be either full of kids (at least I presume they were kids) arguing over nonsense - being about as useful as a chocolate teapot - or pretentious bigots demanding attention and acting like they own the place.

In my short stay here things are different. Yeah, there's the odd stupid comment made by someone wearing the 'prat' hat for the day (yes, I've worn it myself!) but generally this place is a civilised and relaxing web stop. Even the Poms and Ozzies get on reasonably well! :D

It may sound strange to some, but this kind of forum is quite rare, even in the flight sim world from my experience. It's a breath of fresh air and I hope it stays that way.

God bless you.

Mark.

Until getting back into flight sims only a few months ago I hadn't bothered with forums for many years. Unfortunately most seemed to be either full of kids (at least I presume they were kids) arguing over nonsense - being about as useful as a chocolate teapot - or pretentious bigots demanding attention and acting like they own the place.

In my short stay here things are different. Yeah, there's the odd stupid comment made by someone wearing the 'prat' hat for the day (yes, I've worn it myself!) but generally this place is a civilised and relaxing web stop. Even the Poms and Ozzies get on reasonably well! :D

It may sound strange to some, but this kind of forum is quite rare, even in the flight sim world from my experience. It's a breath of fresh air and I hope it stays that way.

God bless you.

Mark.

+1 Well said mate. I started off with one purchase a month or so ago, now look at my list.........oops.

All mainly because of what you mentioned. Great support, Great interaction........Great products. It's almost a safe haven.

Jas

+1 from me Mark, well said. I'm 34 and a relative late comer to the world of forums etc, and when I first started browsing through forums on my phone and pc I was astounded at the lack of respect, knowledge, and overall negative tone of a lot of posts. I'm really glad ORBX takes the stance they do against such garbage. Just for comparison, take a look at the comments section on you tube sometime, on any video, and be amazed!

Cheers,

I find this forum like a friendly local, full of nice people with some great stories to share... I could happily have a beer with all of you. But no one here is out to prove they're better than or pretentious in that manner.

We have shared a few stories, a few jokes, some berievments and shoulders to cry on.. but we are all smiling.

A great place to be and feels like my second home.

Nice to have you on board Mark....

.... now, who's round is it? :lol:

Our forum is a nice friendly place to visit by deliberate design. We toss out trolls, troublemakers, self-opinionated twats, rude people and troublemakers *before* they have a chance to dampen the mood here. There is no democracy or "freedom of speech" here, because we don't tolerate soapboxing and attention seeking.

Result? People feel safe here without the crap and bullying you see on other forums.

fiftysix - I'll gladly get the next round...

Here in Germany we have a saying that roughly translates to "the sound makes the music". If you ask politely you will discover a treasure trove of information and support not only from the orbx-team, but also from the members of the forum. And the orbx policy of regulating things as stated in JVs post may not be everybodys cup of tea, but it works and is the main factor for making everything so enjoyable and relaxed here. This is one of the few forums that I really like coming to...

Cheers

Mallard

Hardly a day goes by when I don't drop in for a chat or peruse and share screenshots. I have friends all around the world who share my passion and the great thing is we can all meet at the one place where we are safe in Orbx land. Last drinks - it's time to hit the sack. ::)

Mark,

Nicely said. I have been "simmmmg " seriously on a seasonal basis (late fall through spring) for a number of years now. In that time I have visited most forums and have found helpful information in many, but never felt really comfortable in them. What I have found in that bif forum world out there is that there is a community of helpfull and generous individuals who also visit and post responses in a number of forums and that they are all members here.They carry the tone that resides here in the other forums that they post in as well. Good people are good people wherever they go. It is a credit to John and the group of moderators on this forum that they are rigorous in control of the tone here and thus attract the type of member that you find here. As you indicate, it is not by accident, there is a reason and purpose. Of course, good and uncompromising standards are the very nature of the ORBX/FTX team. Just look at the products that they produce!

Well done to all!

Yep, a much better forum and well managed community here, than the likes of the ego arena that is Avsim!

This 'freedom of speech' stuff get's on my wick ... what is the point in freedom of speech if it just lets trolls and trouble makers get away with spoiling the fun for others.

The team here have got it right alright. ;)

Yes i agree a very nice post indeed, ive said it before and i will again this forum has some of the nicest people around on it its like a second home here and an extended family to us all. just like sitting in your best comfy armchair it is.

cheers

Iain

Archived