Welcome to the Inland Empire: Introducing Felts Field Spokane

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely fantastic Jarrad. The detail looks brill. I was starting to get worried that all those custom models a bit further from the filed, were not making a comeback. Great to see they are :). As a helo pilot I love flying around the complete area in detail and used to love going to some of the Aussie airfields and enjoying the custom models in the towns and docks......who can forget the pic of the whales ... genius!!!

Fantastic to see that the good times are rolling for us helo pilots !!!

Best regards

Mac

Jarrad, I have visited KSFF many times and this looks spectacular.

My father learned to fly at KSFF in the thirties and went on to be a 747 captain for Northwest Airlines. There is picture of him and some flying friends in the Skyway Cafe.

My mother was a stewardess for Northwest in the late thirties and early fourties. She probably did her first flying out of Felts.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Bill

Bill

This is way too exciting. I live 17 blocks west of downtown Spokane - well within the coverage area - and from what I can see, you've nailed it!!

Not many folks can say that Orbx has done their neighborhood. (That will change).

Combine news of this release with the results of last weeks elections here in WA state, this has been a great November, so far.

Thanks guys for all the hard work.

Jarrad, it looks like you have chosen the perfect airport - seaplane runway, jet runway and GA runway plus the beautiful Spokane area to boot. I can keep tabs on my new Baron Rocket that is being built here. Hope it is ready for Christmas, I expect the normal family discount.

Ray Marshall

I would be interested to know if either the Deaconess Medical Center or Providence Scared Heart Medical Center & Children's Hospital helo pads will be included in this package with any future post giving more detail to what we can expect. Just trying to think of ways to use helos in this scenery package as well.

I have been flying around the area using the CRM scenery and I am surprised at how detailed the KSFF airport is at present. Of course all the new traffic helps with the comings and goings.

I don't remember why but it sure looks strange not to see any trains and railroads in CRM. All the missing tracks and railcars near the airport will evidently be fixed with the new add on.

This may be the perfect playground with all the other nice airports nearby. I spent most of the day reviewing the other end of the Seattle sectional chart and the Great Falls chart. Lots of area to explore.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

All I can say is STUNNING! ^-^ I think I have found the artist that may be able to pull off my local airport properly! Jarrad kind Sir, please think about doing Renton municipal in this same style with a little bit of "City" added! I work at the Historic Boeing Renton Plant, and in addition to our daily first flights of Brand new 737's, there is a wide variety of G.A. activity. News choppers, Business jets, The entire spectrum of Seaplanes, vintage Bombers, Homebuilts, they are all here. Fort Lewis Helo's stop here to Fuel up on the way back from the Yakima range. There is a nice river front park running between the airport and our Property, (creating the need for two Aircraft only Bridges) Renton High School's football stadium is adjacent to our flight line. On the opposite side of our Factory, is a very nice park and Marina. It's all here!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jarrad for the tour and this great scenery. My dad was born in Spokane 99 years ago yesterday. He' been gone since 2005 and I'm looking forward to Felts Field to help keep my memories and thoughts of him fresh. This was his stomping ground in the early 1900's, wish he could have viewed it. Keep up the great work! I promote Orbx scenery at my VA and on my FB page PC Pilot. Looking forward to Global!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

KSFF was one of the best payware sceneries, that also included an airport, for FSX that I enjoyed calling home.

Is there any chance of it being reworked for P3D?

I really miss having this as my FSCaptain base in the Northern Rockies.

Archived