Thanks, Forum Folk, for civility

well said Rodger, I agree, I am not on any social media platform at all, I also now watch very little news....here on the other hand is a great place where even when people disagree it's civil, may it long continue.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hi all. I subscribe to an internet comic collection that includes political cartoons. Recently, the collection announced that it was removing all comments from the political cartoons. The nastiness and vitriol had become so unpleasant that they did not want it to characterize their site. I couldn't disagree. Those comments sounded like they were made by people with severe mental problems. Here on Orbx, folks are friendly, good-humored, and kind. It's always a pleasure to read the comments and to participate in the gentle back-and-forth. In these mean times, that's a great thing. Thanks to our moderators for a job well done, and thanks to all for bringing your best here.

And thanks to you for just being here..........

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Completely agree Rodger.  This is the only one of two forums I participate in for exactly the reasons you state.  Of course the other is a local gardening forum.  It's always a pleasure to come here for the good natured banter and of course your Meaningless topics posts.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, wain71 said:

here on the other hand is a great place where even when people disagree it's civil

And that is exactly the (democratic) culture in which we all grew up. That is so important.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Yes Thank you all for the way you behave on the forum it makes great reading of subjects and some funny and some sad content  its like an extended family here and long may it continue.

cheers

Iain 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Only just saw this Rodge! I check this wonderful forum every day (a couple of times).  Love it! The good humour, knowledge, empathy etc seal the deal. However I find Karl's beer assumptions a bit too real. And it's only just the weekend :)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, boetie said:

However I find Karl's beer assumptions a bit too real. And it's only just the weekend :)

George Clooney on hops. Beer - what else?
We love Karl this way!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't change forums. Here are a great bunch of guys

that cross all walks of life and have great knowledge. You

learn a lot, I love the humour and banter, and I call this my

social media go to.👍

Thanks everyone.

cheers

Gumby

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

I wouldn't change forums. Here are a great bunch of guys

that cross all walks of life and have great knowledge. You

learn a lot, I love the humour and banter, and I call this my

social media go to.👍

Thanks everyone.

cheers

Gumby

Plus our very own Tasmanian Devil. Who could ask for more! image.jpeg.61cc74301fb658af8d96c17e7255c1b2.jpeg

• Like 5