you know it's going to be a bad sim session!

wain71

so yesterday I loaded MSFS, I had planned my flight which was from EIDW to Paris, this picture was what I was greeted with, I then kept getting a warning that I was not connected to the internet, I was....SIM loaded GSX wouldn't play, a spinning wheel in their menu, then eventually I gave up and cancelled GSX, only to find that after prepping the flight and starting the engines my controller wouldn't work, I went into options and they seemed to work, back into the flight - no they don't.....I eventually shut down the sim and flew p3dv5.4...... today I flew XP12, Great flight and all worked as expected.....just loaded the sim now and again MSFS didn't like my throttle, I reset it now but it's so frustrating when you get a small window of time to fly and it plays silly burgers!!!!

Screenshot (214).jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

P3D 5, for me, for this reason.  Maybe 6 down the road.  Not really tempted by MSFS.  Now if developers would realize that MSFS is not the only show in town and produce add-ons for P3D I'd be very happy, and part with quite a bit of money.

Ken

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, wain71 said:

it's so frustrating when you get a small window of time to fly and it plays silly burgers

I absolutely agree. Though I have had these issues with p3d (and more with fsx) in the past as well, depending on which high-level-plane to use.

3 hours ago, Ken Q said:

Now if developers would realize that MSFS is not the only show in town and produce add-ons for P3D I'd be very happy, and part with quite a bit of money.

And I agree here as well. I am still looking for the full set of study-level planes (and good prop planes like those from A2A), a decent weather program (with historic real weather), PeopleFlow, seasons and much more. MSFS is shiny, but does not make progress towards our old standards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

please - let's not star another  sim war !

we are all adults - and have different preferences - and have no need to push :ph34r:

Thank you John, for posting this!

A war would also be completely OT of what Wayne wanted to tell us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

please - let's not star another  sim war !

we are all adults - and have different preferences - and have no need to push :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, wolfko said:

Thank you John, for posting this!

A war would also be completely OT of what Wayne wanted to tell us.

Sorry @John Heaton not starting a SIM war just pointing out my frustrations at the SIM I was using, last night xplane had trees all over the road thanks to Orbx partners forest add-ons, they're all as bad as each other in my book..

12 minutes ago, John Mac said:

It’s letting you know storm Agnes is on the way!

John.

Yeah sounds like tomorrow is going to be bad but not unusual, I'll work in doors tomorrow...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1