This Week's Meaningless Topic (#130)(March 3)

Hi all. My wife and I have been watching a lot of international tv series thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime. I'm particularly fond of stuff coming out of Korea I really liked "Prison Playbook" about a Korean pro baseball player who has to do a year in jail. "Midnight Diner" out of Japan is also a favorite. Other great series we've enjoyed came out of Canada ("Corner Gas"), India, Norway, Australia, Thailand, Taiwan, Mexico, and England. Got me thinking--this forum gang represents a lot of countries. That means we've seen a lot of tv shows from a lot of places. So...

THIS WEEK'S MEANINGLESS TOPIC: What TV series would you recommend to the rest of us? You can name more than one!

• Like 2

We, (wife & I) are probably the oddest people in the US, maybe the world.  We just don't watch television.  Ever.  We will occasionally (but rarely) put on a DVD of a movie.  I do watch some YouTube videos, usually aviation related.  But we have no idea what goes on in TV land. 

Ken

• Like 3

in my book - i.e. - not the missus - one my all time must watch again - is the British - "Downton Abbey"  

and at the moment - again the British series "Piece of Cake" - a sort of one man's Battle of Britain - if you

like the Spitfire 

It's based on the book by Derek Robinson - the second book in the series - the "Hornet Squadron"

which is actually based on the Hurricane - fighter in WWII - and various oldies in WWI

it can be found on utube -  piece of cake tv series youtube - YouTube

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

getting up early as I need to some days for work we had on a channel over here an American series called Mike & Molly, I found that hilarious, good start to the morning before the news takes over....Happy Valley here in the UK has been a great series to, some of the old stuff still makes me chuckle, we have Only Fools & Horses, still so funny....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, wain71 said:

getting up early as I need to some days for work we had on a channel over here an American series called Mike & Molly, I found that hilarious, good start to the morning before the news takes over....Happy Valley here in the UK has been a great series to, some of the old stuff still makes me chuckle, we have Only Fools & Horses, still so funny....

"Happy Valley" - Wain - that was one that I almost used - because the old lady and I Binged the whole 3 series last week - a great example of

Brit TV  - and ---- as ex Northerners' - (red rose) - we understood every word:D

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, wain71 said:

How could I forget Del Boy! A classic Wayne. Must be my English wife's influence innit :)

• Like 3