Orbs

carlosqr

Hello

I find very nice this initiative of the Orbs but may I suggest something?

Let me explain in case I got it wrong and need to be explained back

As far as I understoon I'll be able to exchange those Orbx for a product but is there any possibility for you to exclude from the products offered the ones one already have, of for platfomers one don't use?  What interest could I have in being offered products for X-plane or P3D if I don't have those? Or being offer to redeem a product I already have?

If the Orbs are assigned like this:  "Every Orbx customer will be assigned an initial wallet, with some Orbs to start, based on their tenure with Orbx." I would say you are considering each user, so every one will have a different amount of Orbx, right, then the products one have should not be included as it makes no sense.  I had to Google "tenure" so I believe it stands for the term you've been with Orbx? or how constant one is in the platforms?... I understand the Orbx are given based on this "tenure"

So for example this page

2vK3Gml.jpg

6 products for a platform I don't use

1 product I won't ever get

What is left I have it

So, what motivates me to get Orbs if it's you who decide what to offer?

I would be better that every product could have both options Orbs and cash, that would be interesting because you can plan you purchase, let's say, I'l buy this, that and this and that would give me X Obrs which I'll use for x product, but one of my interest or at least one I don't have...

Now, question

Can a product be purchased and Orbsized?

I mean use the Orbs in the account and pay for the difference?

Let's use this one as example

5S01psJ.jpg

Let's say I don't have the 170 Orbx but I'm close. Can these Orbx be redeemed and as one is short then pay the difference in cash? Can something like that be coordinated somehow?

If not possible is fine, just wanted to know

Most important thing is to be able to redeem the Orbs but for something one is really interested in.

Otherwise, if they are going to be proposed, and will include other platforms and products I already have I won't hurry much to get Orbx, to be honest but I do like this initiative, I am actually considering some products to increase my Orbs, but so far, I'm not too interested in what is avaiable to redeem, off the 20 products it is actually EGPB the only one I would consider but I rather save the Orbs as the product is discounted, and the Orbs could be more useful in the future or for the ones that can only be "purchased" using Orbs

Oh, do they expire by the way?

Thank you!

Regards

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your comments and interest in the orbs and the orbs store. This new system will evolve a bit in the future, and we are planning to have orbs-only content (which you cannot buy with "normal" money!). We are learning how to make it better for everyone, so thanks for your patience!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

The EULA answers my question: "Can I use Orbs along with regular purchases (as a discount)"?

Orbs cannot be used (at this stage) for:

• Gifting products to other users
  • Applying discounts to product purchases.
  • Some selected products.

I think this is a huge mistake! Many other companies have similar schemes and allow this.

• Upvote 2

Hi Anna, and thanks for the update, I have to say though the idea of products which you cannot buy with "normal" money ie ORBS only is , well, bold.

Frankly I don't think that one will fly.  However I've be wrong before, good luck.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

The EULA answers my question: "Can I use Orbs along with regular purchases (as a discount)"?

Orbs cannot be used (at this stage) for:

• Gifting products to other users
  • Applying discounts to product purchases.
  • Some selected products.

I think this is a huge mistake! Many other companies have similar schemes and allow this.

Orbx is not a single entity as you might think, it's a collection of developers who retain some say in how their products are offered (as far as I know anyway) so a 'normal' business model might not work under the Orbx structure.

(this is my interpretation of how Orbx is structured, I might be wrong in which case I am happy to be corrected)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Orbx is not a single entity as you might think, it's a collection of developers who retain some say in how their products are offered (as far as I know anyway) so a 'normal' business model might not work under the Orbx structure.

Good point! BUT ...

... I think that's also true for JustFlight (a mixture of their own products+other devs) ... yet their points system applies across the board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pilot100 said:

Hi Anna, and thanks for the update, I have to say though the idea of products which you cannot buy with "normal" money ie ORBS only is , well, bold.

Frankly I don't think that one will fly.  However I've be wrong before, good luck.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Anna's statement is from Oct 4, so it is not really an update.

It is sad that within a periode of 4 months  her mentioned intensions have not been achieved.

Edited by wolfko

I have 278 Orbs to "spend" (having just won a screencomp -thanks!) ... but I'm having great difficulty in finding MSFS addons that can be redeemed with Orbs.

They only show when you've opened up the full description page of each addon. There's *no indication* in any of the section lists that they're Orbs-redeemable. This means I'd have to go throught *the whole Orbx Direct Catalogue* to make a selection.

I hate to sound ungrateful (for the prize) but this Orbs thing really is a bit of a mess at the moment :(

Could I make a suggestion (to your web developers)? ... make your links more obvious ;)

image.thumb.png.5796c931bb30e498f7cc37f67b6b2992.pngimage.thumb.png.5796c931bb30e498f7cc37f67b6b2992.png

The Orbs Store link (in red) could be bold, underlined or whatever. I just wouldn't have spotted it ... and this is after working as a Web Developer for over 20 years!! I'd say the same goes for *all* links throughout the site ;)

Anyway ... going by the page Nick so kindly found for me, I redeemed Elstree (EGTR) for my comp prize, so will soon be spamming the screenshots forum!

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out, ill put this forward to the team as it can be slightly difficult to spot sometimes :)Thank you for your suggestion

Josh

On 2/11/2023 at 1:40 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Carlos,

can you say which is the same situation and why it is sad please?

Hi Nick

Thank you for your concern

Let me explain

The products available to redeem, most of them are for platforms I don't use (P3D / x-plane and other)  or that I already have, so for me it is tough to use my orbs, that's why I meant by the situation hasn't sadly changed for me.

I'd like to use them at some stage with something I really want/like, but I find this difficult to do.

Thank you

Carlos

Edited by carlosqr

2 hours ago, carlosqr said:

The products available to redeem, most of them are for platforms I don't use (P3D / x-plane and other) or that I already have, so for me it is tough to use my orbs, that's why I meant by the situation hasn't sadly changed for me.

I think since this thread started, quite a few MSFS products have been added - 27 in all. That said - I still wish the system would allow for Orbs->discounts across the board ;)

Also - when I think about it, the Orbs system actually *penalises* loyal/frequent buyers as the more you own, the less choices you get (isn't that the situation you're in?).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

Also - when I think about it, the Orbs system actually *penalises* loyal/frequent buyers as the more you own, the less choices you get (isn't that the situation you're in?).

I'm afraid I am Adam

I have quite a lot so chances are reduced, but you are right, if one is under this situation, a chance to select a product of interest and apply/redeem the orbs against it would be nice, at least stimulating.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wain71 said:

I feel our orb discussion is falling upon deaf ears...

Not quite. At the beginning of the discussion we had only three MSFS products avaiable for Orbs, one or two of them freeware (!) anyway, as per yesterday we already had more than a dozen MSFS products to choose from. 

• Sad 1

Absolutely positive move, no doubt of it, but (as said by others above) I already have them all and thus I cannot use the Orbs awarded !!!  Can Orbs not be given a notional value that can be used as a discount?  There seems to have been no reaction from Orbx to this point which has already been made earlier.

DaveR

• Upvote 4

• 3 months later...

Prompted by the release of EGLC v2 I was just checking it out via Orbx Central, thinking I could use some against the discounted balance of EGLC v2 - and realised no Orb credits were showing..... whereas I'm sure it used to show a numeric total there. Thinking I'd missed something or was getting mixed up with the browser/account view I fired up a browser to access https://orbxdirect.com/account/orbs

At the top of the page, there's the Orb symbol, with "0" shown next to it, but lower down the page I can see my applicable purchases, the amount of Orbs each has earned,  and a total of some 179 Orbs.

Have I misunderstood usage/views or is there a glitch?

Thanks
Dave

• Upvote 1

Hello,
with thanks to those customers who have also sent in a support ticket, this fault is under review and repair.
The fault is only that the total reported at the top of your Orbx Direct webpage is zero.
In all other respects, the system is up and working as before.

Your actual Orbs total is not affected and they can be amassed and redeemed as usual.

• Thanks 1