Washington DC

paulb

48 minutes ago, adambar said:

Great shots of DC Paul, although it's not one of my favorite places right now. :D

Thanks Adam. Well it's years since I last visited DC. 1986 in fact. We spent a very pleasant weekend there. Lots of memories, including the the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum :).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

An interesting plane which you used to go there...

Good to see we could already use the sim for future orientation inside unknown airports!

Thanks Gerold :). Washington ANG as you can see. 

Although I did not enjoy the drone camera system at first, it is excellent for exploring the scenery.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Lots of memories, including the the Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum :).

Love the Smithsonian Museum! That complex is HUGE, with SO much to see! The Air and Space Museum is my favorite part of the Smithsonian. There are so many other very neat and historical things to see in D.C. I always spend time at the various war memorials, as obviously that is important to me to honor the fallen. The FBI museum is super cool too, lots of Cold War spy tech in there, plus some cool stuff from the Prohibition Era in the 20's. Great bunch of images here Paul, so much to see!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Love the Smithsonian Museum! That complex is HUGE, with SO much to see! The Air and Space Museum is my favorite part of the Smithsonian. There are so many other very neat and historical things to see in D.C. I always spend time at the various war memorials, as obviously that is important to me to honor the fallen. The FBI museum is super cool too, lots of Cold War spy tech in there, plus some cool stuff from the Prohibition Era in the 20's. Great bunch of images here Paul, so much to see!

Thanks Landon :). I loved walking up the Mall visiting the museums. It was in springtime, so (from memory) the cherry blossom was in bloom.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Holy smoke Paul, you really know how to choose them.  I might buy this one today because of your shots!

That's very kind of you Jack :). Yes sir, another good airport and set of landmarks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots as always Paul. I also like the ones inside the terminal. Can you please give us a tour inside the White House next :)

Thank you Bernd :). I will go inside the White House on my next visit. Not sure which President I will meet though :unsure:.

• Like 2

Very good shots Paul, :)  I am afraid you have forgotten your Xplane meanwhile...to be honest I have some freeware scenery 

at Washington DC in Xplane but I don't get the White House area like this, Something is wrong with the surrounding orthos

and the tile where the White House stands. 

On 9/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, Stillwater said:

Good to see we could already use the sim for future orientation inside unknown airports!

To find your gate in the future first of all look at an addon of the airport Gerold!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

Very good shots Paul, :)  I am afraid you have forgotten your Xplane meanwhile...to be honest I have some freeware scenery 

at Washington DC in Xplane but I don't get the White House area like this, Something is wrong with the surrounding orthos

and the tile where the White House stands.  

Thanks Andreas :).

Well, I am still very new to MSFS.  So, I am intentionally avoiding XP11 at present.  I want to get 'comfortable' with MSFS first.  Then I can start swapping between all three sims! ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, paulb said:

Thanks Andreas :).

Well, I am still very new to MSFS.  So, I am intentionally avoiding XP11 at present.  I want to get 'comfortable' with MSFS first.  Then I can start swapping between all three sims! ;)

We will see Paul where you swap or not! :D But your shots in MSFS really look great....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, andiflyit said:

We will see Paul where you swap or not! :D But your shots in MSFS really look great....

Thanks Andreas :).   I will still fly in both XP11 and P3Dv4 because I have quite a few aircraft for them which I don't have/can't get for MSFS.

But MSFS is perhaps the best for screenshots!

• Like 2

Yes, same to me, I have such fantastic aircraft in Xplane and P3d, I cannot get this all again for MSFS.

In P3d it's a lot of Carenado and they are slow in bringing their aircraft over and it's the one and only 

Flight1 Islander for FSX which works in P3d4 without issues. And in Xplane I have aircraft which is

really a stand alone quality in terms of flying. For example the Aerobask DA62 or the Airfoillabs Kingair.

• Like 1