Antarctica

bernd1151

1 hour ago, BradB said:

Love it , these shots hit the spot Bernd . :wub::ph34r::D

Thank you very much, my friend :)

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Nice set Bernd :). I was looking at that scenery only yesterday. Some very orderly queuing by the penguins waiting to board! 

Many thanks, Paul, and all of them came properly attired :D

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

My jaw is on the floor, what a sim and what a nice set of shots Bernd!  Were the penguins there or part of the plane?  My wife's favorite animal, penguins.

Thanks a lot, buddy

1 hour ago, Captain Lars said:

Fantastic shots, Bernd! Truly a marvellous landscape. Is the ice static or depends its extension on the season?

I'm happy you like them, Lars. Some of the ice is static and some floats around, depending on the season. Also the Polarstern is part of the package and she cruises the area, but as she is also an icebreaker, I guess she does that all the time

14 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Yes, yes, yes. These are amazing! And these huge supply tanks on bord would make Hilda happy!

BTW the most eco-friendly way to enjoy Antarctica, flight simming should be a "must-do" for all those who consider travelling there.

Many thanks, Gerold. Most certainly a very eco-friendly way to explore this beautiful part of the world. And as this sim evolves further, for many other places in the world too. Question: do you want to do your upcoming NZ tour the virtual way only? Just kidding :D:D  

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

do you want to do your upcoming NZ tour the virtual way only?

Both ways are booked, though I am more confident the virtual version will run absolutely smooth as scheduled: As LH and Swiss have just announced equipment changes (and massive prolongation of the block times, why?), we now have a transfer time in HKG of 45 minutes.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Stillwater said:

BTW the most eco-friendly way to enjoy Antarctica, flight simming should be a "must-do" for all those who consider travelling there.

Given the wattage that simming sucks out of the power grid, I'd say better don't tell ze Baerbock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2