Another Gap

VH-KDK

Orbx Content: AU Australia V2.

Below is Halls Gap, on the edge of the Grampians in Western Victoria. It is 260 km west of Melbourne.

g2JOjlu.jpg

Halls Gap is named after the first settler, Charles Browning Hall. He came to the area in 1841 looking for grazing for his cattle.

Today it has a population of 430 and is primarily a tourist town.

• Like 7

Very good shot Martyn, showing the Grampians well in their ruggedness. I have often simulated flying there, as I long to travel there one fine day. Sure we will stay in Halls Gap, and now I even know why that village has this name!

A pity that the mesh does not show the famous Balconies, they should be in the background of your picture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 7:23 PM, Stillwater said:

Very good shot Martyn, showing the Grampians well in their ruggedness. I have often simulated flying there, as I long to travel there one fine day. Sure we will stay in Halls Gap, and now I even know why that village has this name!

A pity that the mesh does not show the famous Balconies, they should be in the background of your picture.

Cheers Gerold, hope I have encouraged you even more to visit there.

I have only stopped at Halls Gap breifly many years ago but I enjoyed the walk I did. :)

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:37 PM, BradB said:

Heck of a shot Martyn , here in our state we have a town called Union Gap . 

Thank you John. I can remember flying past there a few years ago in P3D.

It also made me think of this great song from the 60s.:)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:52 AM, John Heaton said:

Been there a few times on flyaways from the Royal Vic Flying club - good spot

You would be happy flying in their planes, they have one of the best liveries flying.:)

4 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot there Martyn, thougt it was a picture of my head and the gap between my ears!...:D

Thanks Wayne and you are not alone with many of us suffering from the same feeling of emptiness.:o:huh:;)