Vanlowi

VH-KDK

Orbx Content: LOWI

Partner content: Sim Works Studios Vans RV14/14A

I have not used M$F$ that much as I find some of the operations cumbersome.:angry:

Today I decided to give it another go and also splashed out on the Vans-14.:P

wg2JAcv.jpg

There are many things I don't like about it, I guess I have become too comfortable with P3D and XP-11.:unsure:

But it does have it's plus sides so I will persevere.^_^

I also wrote out a list of the sceneries I have bought through Central and I was astonished how many I have and not used.

Time to do some exploration and try to get my head around the sim.

The Vans is a great little plane which is relatively easy to fly but I will have to practice my landings on narrow runways more!:ph34r::o

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Great shot, Martyn. I think you should give MSFS more time to grow on you. Coming from XP11 myself, I also found it in the beginning a bid strange. Now it has become second nature and considering you live in Aussie country, there is sooo much scenery, airports, cities available for both Australia and NZ; you'd love to explore it and on top, it looks very real! Just my two cents :):)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Great shot Martyn. Like you, I am slowing getting into MSFS 2020. XP11 is currently my sim of choice followed by P3Dv4. Part of this is just familiarity in my case.

A lot of new things to learn with MSFS and getting older doesn't help! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great shot and good status report on your sim usage. I am still enjoying what I have, but I am interested reading these experiences and will surely also install MSFS, some day.

Although the VanLowi morning looks nice, did you also give VanHalen a try for getting up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This looks like a real MSFS weather event! :lol: But it's a nice shot Martyn!

To give my opinion too: The unique property of MSFS is the "download scenery" all over the world.

Everything else makes it the #3 sim behind P3d and XP for me. Also with regard to flying itself which works best in XP I think.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very scenic image Martyn! I probably split my sim time fairly evenly between MSFS and P3D v4.5. There are many reasons that I enjoy both sims right now. So much goodness all the way around. The Vans is a nice and spritely little aircraft to hop around in the sim. :) 

Landon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shot, Martyn. I think you should give MSFS more time to grow on you. Coming from XP11 myself, I also found it in the beginning a bid strange. Now it has become second nature and considering you live in Aussie country, there is sooo much scenery, airports, cities available for both Australia and NZ; you'd love to explore it and on top, it looks very real! Just my two cents :):)

Thank you Bernd. I will try to get used to it as it does have plenty to offer.:)

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shot Martyn. Like you, I am slowing getting into MSFS 2020. XP11 is currently my sim of choice followed by P3Dv4. Part of this is just familiarity in my case.

A lot of new things to learn with MSFS and getting older doesn't help! :lol:

Thanks Paul and you have hit the nail on the head. Sounds like you are in the same boat as me as far as learning new things.:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shot and good status report on your sim usage. I am still enjoying what I have, but I am interested reading these experiences and will surely also install MSFS, some day.

Although the VanLowi morning looks nice, did you also give VanHalen a try for getting up?

Thanks Gerold. Same here and I find M$F$ lacking in some respects such as the weather. Apart from that I have so many favourite planes that I enjoy flying.

I flew along the River Inn for a while looking for any eddies might be good fishing spots!:blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, andiflyit said:

This looks like a real MSFS weather event! :lol: But it's a nice shot Martyn!

To give my opinion too: The unique property of MSFS is the "download scenery" all over the world.

Everything else makes it the #3 sim behind P3d and XP for me. Also with regard to flying itself which works best in XP I think.  

Cheers Andy. I was relieved to see that it was only the sun coming up. :o:ph34r::lol:

One of my dislikes it the strong sun which in my opinion is way overdone.

A lot of good things about it but I am like you and a few others that will be using P3D and XP more.:)

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Very scenic image Martyn! I probably split my sim time fairly evenly between MSFS and P3D v4.5. There are many reasons that I enjoy both sims right now. So much goodness all the way around. The Vans is a nice and spritely little aircraft to hop around in the sim. :) 

Landon

Thanks you Landon. I have all my TE on XP as my old PC didn't handle the Netherlands TE at all well on P3D. So I use those two sims and will now try and get used to M$F$.

I have found the Vans to be the best plane so far including the default ones, so I will be doing quite a bit of flying in it from now on.:)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Paul and you have hit the nail on the head. Sounds like you are in the same boat as me as far as learning new things.:D

Thanks Martyn. Good to know that I am not alone!  I will still persevere with FS 2020 as the graphics look a step up.

Anyway, on the positive side we still have two sims - P3Dv4 and XP11 - which are light years ahead of what we were using thirty years ago!  ^_^:D

• Thanks 1

great shot there Martyn, I to don't use MSFS as much as I thought I would, I think it's a mixture for me a familiarity of the other sims and earlier this year I had stability issues in MSFS and that has rocked my confidence in the sim and longer flights...

• Thanks 1