To Land´s End - Queensland´s southern end

Stillwater

After a few days of sightseeing it was time to leave Brisbane...

XybgmP4.thumb.jpg.82b2dca0ef4a96baa85a36b415aa7d4c.jpg

... chased by an Ultimate Traffic plane, ...

5YJgKOz.thumb.jpg.19fa73209d8ea5b8a0620aa339de318e.jpg

... but not without another view to the city.

2Tq0Cug.thumb.jpg.f7696f55d0f7cacdce7f31d8b4c470b8.jpg

It was not too long to reach the Gold Coast region. Do these guys own boats instead of cars?

axXMf2S.thumb.jpg.a6aa1eaac5cb8e8c4e68c255393f3399.jpg

Just a great view, though my rig comes to its limits with all these details to load.

YNNmehr.thumb.jpg.2544e91ae1c3fd362dbbb1df780bd6aa.jpg

Griffith University Hospital below us - there could be another helipad for a try.

kgfuBQ5.thumb.jpg.8da9cf9f1b93fafa41f8a508970114b9.jpg

For today we just land at Gold Coast airport, Coolangatta / Tweed Heads. I think some of our forum members live nearby?

BygYLmJ.thumb.jpg.65fe898c13fc6b428b9b46b7558cf35a.jpg

No reason for "me" to look so... serious.

iVIby98.thumb.jpg.bd4c08856a476e50a41fd8bd5138cb1a.jpg

Maybe a drink helps bringing the smile back into the pilot´s face.

VR52QcN.thumb.jpg.9f737e968e36bcb196fb93b72bd83ab3.jpg

• Like 8

Lots to see in these shots Gerold. The Gold Coast region in your sim is looking nice, and well detailed. I nice cold beer after a tough day at the sim controls is always a nice way to cap off a flight ;) I mean, it's hard work having fun sometimes, right? :D

Cheers

Landon

P.S. Just realized....no flight route map...on second thought, put that frosty beer down and get back to work, er, I mean fun :unsure:^_^

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

11 hours ago, Bullfox said:

Great shots!

Thanks a lot, mate!

10 hours ago, BradB said:

Marvelous shots Gerold . :):)

My pleasure, John.

13 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Lots to see in these shots Gerold. The Gold Coast region in your sim is looking nice, and well detailed. I nice cold beer after a tough day at the sim controls is always a nice way to cap off a flight ;) I mean, it's hard work having fun sometimes, right? :D

Cheers

Landon

P.S. Just realized....no flight route map...on second thought, put that frosty beer down and get back to work, er, I mean fun :unsure:^_^

I like the tough days you are describing, Landon, a challenge that we like to accept! Unfortunately there are also other ways of working in our days (or is it rather fortunately?).

And, just to complete my documentation:

6wZtvsE.jpg

1 hour ago, lifejogger said:

Great flight, enjoyed your shots!!!!!!!!

Thank you John!

4 hours ago, Caluma65 said:

A very nice journey and great shots!  Cheers,

Calum

You´re welcome, Calum.

8 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Stunning shots Gerold, there are so many waterways around YBCG.

I think they all own boats.:)

cheers

Gumby

I am also suspecting the boat option. Which has another advantage when global warming speeds up.

7 hours ago, boetie said:

Welcome Gerold! I don't own a boat but I have a swimming pool. BYO beer, I'll supply the food. Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers

Graeme :)

BMO beer... how can I manage that with the luggage limits on these modern airlines? It will take some time for me to find a solution for that dilemma...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stillwater said:

I like the tough days you are describing, Landon, a challenge that we like to accept! Unfortunately there are also other ways of working in our days (or is it rather fortunately?).

:D:D:D  Great stuff Gerold...whew...out of breath....just changed out my Bravo Throttle levers...need a cold drink now. Oh, and thanks for the flight route! Love it! :)

Landon

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, adambar said:

You guys are making me thirsty. :D  Great set there Gerold, enjoyed the flight! :)

Cheers! Unfortunately with the current travel restrictions we are still on BYO. At least I have a good supply situation here in my cockpit…