Spitfire Mk1 AH UME PS890 over Alaska

jean marc

This Spitfire with the distinctive leaping black panther emblem of 152 Squadron flew in Burma during WWII, in the RAF Third Tactical Air Force. During the Battle of Imphal, the squadron operated from front-line strips and supported the Fourteenth Army during its final conquest of Burma. It was disbanded on 10 March 1946 in Singapore where it had moved after the Japanese surrender. The Spitfire PR.XIX PS890/F-AZJS flew again on 6 August 2020 at Duxford with J. Romain at the controls.

Has been made according pictures of the real UME livery and with some parts of the wonderful textures of the A2A Spitfire Mk IIb RAF 152Sqn PS890 that Tom Weiss made for FSX/P3D a few years ago. It has been a long work to make it suitable to the new Model of Aeroplane Heaven. There are still some minor mistakes and scraps but I am already happy of the results.

20b.jpg

00.jpg

00b.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Great plane ! Great mesh !  :)

• Like 7

On 12/13/2021 at 1:55 AM, BradB said:

I bet the locals spilled there coffee with you buzzing the sky's Jean Marc . :wacko::o:P:D

:lol: for sure I was not discretful ... but they loved to see the great plane and cried me to come back soon :P  thanks !

On 12/13/2021 at 7:43 AM, Stillwater said:

Great shots, Jean Marc.

thank you Gerold 

On 12/13/2021 at 8:22 AM, John Mac said:

Terrific shots Jean Marc and background story!

Thank you,
John.

many thanks John. (I put some photos & historical information inside the repaint file ... nice shots in black & white from the pilots and airfield staff ...)

historical.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Very nice.

cheers

Iain

thank you Iain - this historical spitfire's skin is for me the most beautiful with the black panther logo :)

22 hours ago, adambar said:

Great looking shots Jean Marc! :)

glad you liked Adam...you could fly it over Australia and they did maybe before to fly over Solomon islands upto India.... O0

On 12/13/2021 at 1:41 PM, wain71 said:

nice shots, great paint to...

the place is great to fly and the skin really beautiful so easy to get good shots B) many thanks Wayne

23 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots Jean Marc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yes with my favorite skin for the great spitfire O0  :) thank you very much John

20 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Beautiful graphic poetry Jean-Marc :) 

thanks Landon ... nice to find poetry in the air  :)