Here I go again

Stillwater

Welcome back again to travelling - with a little "earworm" from Whitesnake. Leaving Hannover for the next months...

VzMWzwr.jpg

1n3lmZW.jpg

... and climbing south over the Weser river (Göttingen to the left).

ip58PFr.jpg

After that nice sunny start, real weather hides the scenery over central Germany.

RcmpgI5.jpg

Turning into final over Augsburg is no problem, ...

PF9k8zE.jpg

... but the lack of a working ILS gives an uneasy feeling shortly after.

jZmIsL3.jpg

Ah, there is a runway. And it is long enough to catch it, even now.

g5NOQLy.jpg

That is the proof: The plane can be used after this flight.

VtYs4ih.jpg

And now it is time to guess: Where am I heading next?

gMlBhc6.jpg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set these Gerold.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

23 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

And we're off again with Gerold! I have no idea where to next, but I look forward to finding out :) Meanwhile, some more great shots of your travels and adventure's. 
Cheers!

Landon

Thanks Landon. Stay tuned, I´ll report as soon as I find time...

22 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shots there Gerold, great feeling busting through the cloud and seeing the runway...safe virtual travels...

Thank you Wayne. INdeed, seeing the runway was a relief, even in that virtual flight.

19 hours ago, adambar said:

Splendid set of shots Gerold! :)

Thanks a lot, Adam!

18 hours ago, BradB said:

Hopefully to warmer and sunnier locations Gerold , the Northern Hemisphere can be a bit dreary this time of year . 

You hopes will be considered, John. I read that you have super-heavy rainfall in Washington/BC these days?

15 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots Gerold, must have been an exciting landing,

It was, John, it was. In this fog a working ILS would have been useful.

BTW I found my mistake: Flying was ok, I just did not activate the full scenery in my sim.

7 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Talk about crystal clear shots :o and as far your next trip - wouldn't have a clue :lol: but I know I will enjoy it :)

Thanks TT. I am not sure if the next flight will be clueless or with clear skies, but it will be a redeye one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Iain!

Thanks Landon. Stay tuned, I´ll report as soon as I find time...

Thank you Wayne. INdeed, seeing the runway was a relief, even in that virtual flight.

Thanks a lot, Adam!

You hopes will be considered, John. I read that you have super-heavy rainfall in Washington/BC these days?

It was, John, it was. In this fog a working ILS would have been useful.

BTW I found my mistake: Flying was ok, I just did not activate the full scenery in my sim.

Thanks TT. I am not sure if the next flight will be clueless or with clear skies, but it will be a redeye one...

Snow here , lot’s of rain in Western Washington and BC . More on the way ……..>:(:(

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Gerold. I envy you going to Singapore. I had planned to do this again in January, but for the time being, I have cancelled all my trips to Asia and beyond. Maybe in 2023 after the 7th Corona wave...

Very good guess, Bernd. I am just about to prepare the flight report here...

I have also cancelled all travel plans, whereever. And your numbering of the waves does not seem unrealistic, given the repeating seasons and the unchanging behavior of the virus host, Homo Sapiens Sapiens.