If you can't laugh .... you'll cry

renault

Cheers

R

It looks like a "serious" discussion, but really it was just all about what our plans
are for tomorrow.  For me, I just wanted to take a bit of time and capture a few shots
of what life at KAVX is like.  Shouldn't take too long I said - famous last words.

0-1-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-10-57-45

The next morning...

Little did I know that MS2020 would pick that exact time to throw one of its infamous little Wobblies.
AKA - "the you don't have sufficient bandwidth to continue streaming.  Would you like to turn off photogrammetry?"

So I did as I always do and just ignored it.:rolleyes:

0-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-11-01-46-2

Everything looked entirely normal .  But then ...

3-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-09-30-46-2

They seemed to be entirely oblivious to it all though , or at least they were very good at ignoring the obvious ...:(

So a quick trip down to the harbour  and all seemed to be looking good there ...

5-6-down-on-the-harbour-Flight-Simulator

And the group discussion back at the A/P was "waxing poetic" as normal .... 

5-5-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-03-25-54

What an opportunity ... 

I really wanted to grab a screenie of the Beachcraft Bonzana driven by "Renault" , but wait, this is mighty 
strange . I realize that he's famous (infamous?) in these parts , but this is ridiculous :D 

1-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-09-30-27-2

But then I discovered that I had just received the latest update  SU999 !! Welcome to our brand new world .....

And SU999 - why its the new environmentally friendly update for MS2020 , otherwise 
known as The People Power Update version 1.0.0 :lol::lol:

On the count of 3 everyone, all together now let's run !!

2-Flight-Simulator-2021-10-11-09-30-37-2

And then the activity icon took on a life of its own and about 30 seconds later all is forgiven

5-things-appeared-to-be-normal-Flight-Si

6-and-then-wheel-spins-Flight-Simulator-

I love this sim .... just plain love it!

Cheers!

R

PS- but what I truly do love is KAVX .... It's my "fav" in case you hadn't noticed.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Heck of a post Pete , tho you lost me about SU999 ………:):blink::(

Thanks John

True confession time, it's my dream or possible my nightmare.  We are currently on SU5 (bug fixes/new features) and soon to get SU6 .  I thought that SU999 would be a 

good nomenclature for the ultimate "fix me up",,  not hold barred, sim update to end all sim updates.

A  little "tongue in cheek" but in this case the fictional ultimate update introduced something which a) I had never seen before, b) could have been incredibly frustrating c) if I stepped back and looked at the humourous side of it, I realized that MS2020  is quirky at times, sometimes downright frustrating at times, but above all else gives me a lot of personal enjoyment. :)

So when I looked at it from this perspective, I decided that it was just a little bit of "Pete's humour" that I decided to share.  But above all else it was to not take things to seriously when it goes sideways.  It is just a program after all, that simulates a reality that many of us enjoy being part of in all its different forms.  And for me from that perspective it is always enjoyable, regardless of whether it works as intended or wants to go off on its own for a while. :D

Cheers & thanks

Pete

PS- and if and when it really decides to "throw a hissy fit" I can just go off and enjoy my favourite adult beverage and settle into a good book :D

8 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Seems you do the italian way of driving, always drop the left arm out of the window?!

Thanks Gerold.  You are so right :)

I also found out about the "Italian tune up" when I took my little clapped out Renault5 in for service once :lol::lol:

Cheers

Pete

7 hours ago, John Mac said:

Brilliant stuff Pete! Enjoyed this photo story from start to finish!

John.

Thanks JM :)

Cheers

Pete

2 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Interesting post Pete.  And that third shots, La Brea tar pits on Catalina???

Thanks John

That is so , so funny - brought tears to my eyes :):lol::lol:

Who says MS2020 isn't "state of the art" - latest update you can even find places where the ocean levels have risen even .....

And now we have melting asphalt . Wow!!

Love this sim ... just love it! :)

See you

Pete

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2021 at 11:22 AM, ken2410 said:

Brilliant post and some lovely shots, thanks.

Thanks very much Ken. It is appreciated

Cheers

Pete

On 10/12/2021 at 1:10 PM, Sniper31 said:

Love your sense of humor Pete, and I got a good chuckle or two as I read through this post and took in the screenshots. Well done Sir! :)

Landon

Thanks Landon:)

Cheers

Pete

On 10/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, Ken Hall said:

great screenies Pete, tar pits, flintstone Bonanzas(sure to be a rocky ride) and and amusing story to tie it all together, SU999 fixing shifting craters on the Moon, re-entry burns malfunctioning, not as far fetched as it sounds.

You didn't realize that you are indeed a futurist !!  Us mere mortals just need some time to discover the nuisances

of the path you have laid before us.:)

"Flintstone Bonanza" - I like the sound of that one :lol::lol:

Cheers Ken

All the best

Pete

On 10/13/2021 at 3:39 AM, adambar said:

Pete, I think we need to perform an exorcism on Ken Hall, unexplained phenomena always seem to happen with his scenery. ???:D

It would seem so, but I think it may be a great example of "correlation does not mean causation".

The unexplained part properly belongs to MS2020 , but then again he @Ken Hallhas so many neat little features packed into what he 

does that  you could very well be right :lol:

I think TTM @TigerTigerM would be on board  too. Last I heard he was still searching for some pieces at the hanger in

Bryce Canyon that had gone on an unexplained walkabout !

Cheers

Pete

27 minutes ago, renault said:

Thanks very much Ken. It is appreciated

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Landon:)

Cheers

Pete

You didn't realize that you are indeed a futurist !!  Us mere mortals just need some time to discover the nuisances

of the path you have laid before us.:)

"Flintstone Bonanza" - I like the sound of that one :lol::lol:

Cheers Ken

All the best

Pete

It would seem so, but I think it may be a great example of "correlation does not mean causation".

The unexplained part properly belongs to MS2020 , but then again he @Ken Hallhas so many neat little features packed into what he 

does that  you could very well be right :lol:

I think TTM @TigerTigerM would be on board  too. Last I heard he was still searching for some pieces at the hanger in

Bryce Canyon that had gone on an unexplained walkabout !

Cheers

Pete

Where's the Pony?:unsure:

TTM