Drumming techniques

adambar

35 minutes ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Good to see other drummers here, not sure its allowed. Anyway, apart from Copeland, D.Carey is the drum god with those parradiddles. 6.17 minutes into it is timing goodness

I literally just copied the links to some Tool and Danny Carey tracks Richard, including the one you showed :lol:.  You beat me to it.  Danny Carey has always been my favourite drummer.  Here are a few more bits and pieces of Tool goodness.

.....and then there's these guys :rollmyeyes::lol:

• Like 1

Another talented Youtube drummer whose covers I really like is Sina Drums.  She plays all types of music, old and new, and is really talented.  It's great to get a close up look at how a song is played.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGn3-2LtsXHgtBIdl2Loozw

Here she is playing the one I linked above, Tool's Forty Six & 2

• Like 3

Another great drummer worthy of a look is Steve Jordan.  He has played with just about anybody and everybody and if you have a look at some of his many performances on the various video sites you will see why Mr Watts picked him as his stand in for the upcoming Stones tour.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2021 at 10:49 AM, Rodger Pettichord said:

Somebody has to highlight Ginger Baker from Cream. Like Charlie Watts, he was another changemaker--went from the traditional way of holding the sticks to a more forceful grip. Influenced a lot of people.

I watched Cream in San Francisco once where they had to literally drag him off the drums as he wouldn't stop.

• Like 1