Just the one .... an OMG moment

renault

On 8/7/2021 at 12:08 PM, BradB said:

I like a lot of color also in the Sim , looks like HF2 is a winner . :):)

Thanks John. I appreciate it 

And HF2 , yes it definitely is a keeper in my books :)

Cheers

Pete

20 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Wow, looks great!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John! 

See you :)

Cheers

Pete

12 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing shot Pete.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. It is appreciated :)

Cheers

Pete

11 hours ago, John Mac said:

Great shot Pete!

John.

Thanks JM

I am really pleased you enjoyed it.

Cheers & all the best:)

Pete

11 hours ago, mikee said:

Super shot Pete , well done :)

Thank you Mike

See you:)

Pete

8 hours ago, Taph said:

Grand shot Pete

Thanks Taph:)

Cheers!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wain71 said:

great shot Pete, everything is so clear...

Thanks Wayne

I was really pleased with how the sim is working for me now.

With HF2 they have fixed the texture resolution issue, but also I am using the texture filtering LOD Bias adjustment 

that I described in a technical notes.  I find that on my system it nicely augments what is available.

Cheers

Pete

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's nice Pete but what sim is this?

Thanks Jack:)

It's the latest update to MS2020.  It is still a "work in progress" but it is showing a lot of potential.

Unfortunately the last major update for folks was a regression, but Asobo to their credit issued a hot fix quickly which 

has certainly helped.

Its a complex bit of software and I know that above all else you want things to work without issues (as we all do). I think they

will get there.  I know others will have different opinions on this, but for someone like yourself with a very legitimate and reasonable 

expectation, I don't personally feel it is ready for "prime time" just yet.

There are a few "study level" aircraft products starting to appear, but nothing that perhaps has the level of complexity that you desire.

I'm sure that over the next months that will change though.

So bottom line .... Sorry mate . The "747's underneath bridges" that you do with such skill and expertise and I enjoy so much,

will just have to wait a bit longer :)

But as I said , this is just me at a particular point in time. Three months from now everything could change

All the best 

Cheers

Pete

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

One mighty fine shot there Pete :) Love the deep colors in this shot.

Thanks Landon. So do I as one can tell from time to time - ha, ha

Cheers!

Pete

• Like 1

18 hours ago, renault said:

Thanks Jack:)

It's the latest update to MS2020.  It is still a "work in progress"

Yes, I agree.  I was going to buy it yesterday until I read all the negative reviews.  I can't buy it until it's no longer in beta testing.  These huge and forced updates would annoy the heck out of me. I wonder if they will ever reach a point where they stop these loathsome 1 billion gigabyte updates?

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yes, I agree.  I was going to buy it yesterday until I read all the negative reviews.  I can't buy it until it's no longer in beta testing.  These huge and forced updates would annoy the heck out of me. I wonder if they will ever reach a point where they stop these loathsome 1 billion gigabyte updates?

Hi Jack:)

Thanks!

Any answer I could give would simply be a perspective based upon pure speculation. Sorry, I do not see that would be 

an meaningful "value add" to a forum conversation , but it could make for an interesting "pub" conversation I suppose. :)

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Very nice shot Simple and effective Exactly what I like !

There is so much enthusiasm around MSFS and so many new things to come that despite the tears and the laughter generates the updates, I am completely charmed.

I allow myself to open a little parenthesis so I am surprised to see such a feat of technology.

The launch of MSFS on Xbox is successful.

If you are curious go see some Xbox series X/S MSFS videos using an OLED TV, it's just amazing!

For exemple:

This is only Xbox Series S ! ( 300 EUROS)

The optimization that ASOBO has done is incredible.I am with I7 4790K & GTX 1080 in 4k (Render Scaling FSsetting 70%)  monitor with all high settings.V-Sync "ON" 30FPS and it's smooth as silk.Whatever the context.

Do all this in 1 year It's unthinkable...

This is just beginning.It's going to hit very hard.

I wish you a great adventure in this new modern world!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Super shot Pete.

Thanks Ken :)

Cheers

Pete

9 hours ago, FILOU said:

Very nice shot Simple and effective Exactly what I like !

There is so much enthusiasm around MSFS and so many new things to come that despite the tears and the laughter generates the updates, I am completely charmed.

I allow myself to open a little parenthesis so I am surprised to see such a feat of technology.

The launch of MSFS on Xbox is successful.

If you are curious go see some Xbox series X/S MSFS videos using an OLED TV, it's just amazing!

For exemple:

This is only Xbox Series S ! ( 300 EUROS)

The optimization that ASOBO has done is incredible.I am with I7 4790K & GTX 1080 in 4k (Render Scaling FSsetting 70%)  monitor with all high settings.V-Sync "ON" 30FPS and it's smooth as silk.Whatever the context.

Do all this in 1 year It's unthinkable...

This is just beginning.It's going to hit very hard.

I wish you a great adventure in this new modern world!

Thank you so much FILOU :)

I very much enjoyed the video and it was very timely to watch it.

My son-in-law has just ordered an XBoxX to go with their new TV. They bought an a LG Oled and I have to say, the picture fidelity on

it is simply stunning.  He told me that  the Xbox is to be delivered on Saturday .  So I am hoping that I will have a chance to see

MS2020 on it for real.  If the video is anything to go by, I will be in for a real treat.

Granted that it is the smaller Xbox, but still working out how to stuff a flight sim into something this small and still run 30 fps at 4K

with it has enormous implications when applied to a much more powerful PC.  In many respects what Asobo has now accomplished

is simply shear genius.  All kidding aside, it is a tremendous technological achievement.  

I think that this is the mistake that we all make when we try to put MS2020 into a category and then compare it with other flight simulation . 

It is a wonderful example of  disruptive innovation which is the application of very different technology ideas  to deliver new or existing 

products in  a radically different way from what currently exists.  So in this case, MS2020 delivers the world to us in 3D by streaming

technology using artificial intelligence algorithms along with existing 3D technology crafted objects to populate the world.

Initially it didn't work all that well, had its fair share of detractors, many of whom point to existing technology ideas and delivery

mechanisms  as the "best" way to do this. But when you look at MS2020 a year in and realize that this concept is now beginning to bear

fruit and it means that something like a tiny XBox with minimal memory  can still deliver stunning performance bringing our world to us, 

and I just have to say WOW !!

And you are right.  They are just getting started.  It is a wonderful journey to be part of .  Even with all the bumps , backsteps and

problems along the way I wouldn't want to miss any part of it FILOU.  It is the future , and it looks very bright indeed.

Thank you for your comments and for sharing  the video.

I have always taken inspiration from your ideas and your wonderful screenshots  :)

All the best and thank you again

Pete

Edited by renault
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, renault said:

Thanks Ken :)

Cheers

Pete

Thank you so much FILOU :)

I very much enjoyed the video and it was very timely to watch it.

My son-in-law has just ordered an XBoxX to go with their new TV. They bought an a LG Oled and I have to say, the picture fidelity on

it is simply stunning.  He told me that  the Xbox is to be delivered on Saturday .  So I am hoping that I will have a chance to see

MS2020 on it for real.  If the video is anything to go by, I will be in for a real treat.

Granted that it is the smaller Xbox, but still working out how to stuff a flight sim into something this small and still run 30 fps at 4K

with it has enormous implications when applied to a much more powerful PC.  In many respects what Asobo has now accomplished

is simply shear genius.  All kidding aside, it is a tremendous technological achievement.  

I think that this is the mistake that we all make when we try to put MS2020 into a category and then compare it with other flight simulation . 

It is a wonderful example of  disruptive innovation which is the application of very different technology ideas  to deliver new or existing 

products in  a radically different way from what currently exists.  So in this case, MS2020 delivers the world to us in 3D by streaming

technology using artificial intelligence algorithms along with existing 3D technology crafted objects to populate the world.

Initially it didn't work all that well, had its fair share of detractors, many of whom point to existing technology ideas and delivery

mechanisms  as the "best" way to do this. But when you look at MS2020 a year in and realize that this concept is now beginning to bear

fruit and it means that something like a tiny XBox with minimal memory  can still deliver stunning performance bringing our world to us, 

and I just have to say WOW !!

And you are right.  They are just getting started.  It is a wonderful journey to be part of .  Even with all the bumps , backsteps and

problems along the way I wouldn't want to miss any part of it FILOU.  It is the future , and it looks very bright indeed.

Thank you for your comments and for sharing  the video.

I have always taken inspiration from your ideas and your wonderful screenshots  :)

All the best and thank you again

Pete

Thank you for the little story and the sharing. It's very well summarized. 

Since using MSFS I take fewer pictures but enjoy flying a lot more!.

About screenshots i take a lot of inspiration from others as well.I haven't invented anything.

All the best also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

superb video @FILOU, I have the S and I am amazed at how well it can look with such a small box, I have only been able to use it on the monitor so far but your video shows how good it can look on a very good large screen.....I agree in just 12 months this sim has come so far and is now open to such a wide audience, it can't be a bad thing to get younger generations into this hobby that we all love so much and can take up so much of our time....

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 12:47 AM, wain71 said:

superb video @FILOU, I have the S and I am amazed at how well it can look with such a small box, I have only been able to use it on the monitor so far but your video shows how good it can look on a very good large screen.....I agree in just 12 months this sim has come so far and is now open to such a wide audience, it can't be a bad thing to get younger generations into this hobby that we all love so much and can take up so much of our time....

My son-in-law just got an XBoxX today, so he is in the process of setting it up.

The video is really amazing isn't it.  And all this has happened in just over 1 year.

It is truly amazing 

See you

Pete

On 8/13/2021 at 3:46 AM, adambar said:

Very nice indeed! :)

Thanks Adam. :)

Cheers

Pete

• Like 2