On the border

VH-KDK

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

During the Lock down's for Covid , could residents travel between the two states (NSW and QLD) ? .

BTW - Two warm and lovely shots Martyn . :):)

Thank you John.

Queensland border closure see buses checked, motorists denied entry amid coronavirus fears - ABC News

Not  a trusted source for news but the best I could find.

49 minutes ago, lifejogger said:

Excellent shots Martyn, I am going to have to dust off P3d v5 and do some flying down under.

Thanks John, I still get great enjoyment out of P3D and I wont be dumping it for a long time yet.;):P

Lovely shots, nice aeroplane!  The COVID state border there was initially "hard" but common sense prevailed eventually and a "bubble" with permits for local residents to travel to and fro as needed was installed.  All other travelers were turned away

Lovely colourful shots, I´ll visit the border when I am virtually back in Oz next time.

4 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Lovely shots, nice aeroplane!  The COVID state border there was initially "hard" but common sense prevailed eventually and a "bubble" with permits for local residents to travel to and fro as needed was installed.  All other travelers were turned away

Measures that are basically comparable to Europe, but we have many more states, borders and - in this case - exceptions for travel.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks John, I still get great enjoyment out of P3D and I wont be dumping it for a long time yet.;):P

I share this opinion. Enjoying the planes and the set-up with all my add-ons, while I know the ground scenery in MSFS is impressive.

8 hours ago, TerribleT said:

Many thanks TT. It is difficult with border towns when the state border is closed. We had the same here with Albury/Wodonga.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Lovely colourful shots, I´ll visit the border when I am virtually back in Oz next time.

Measures that are basically comparable to Europe, but we have many more states, borders and - in this case - exceptions for travel.

I share this opinion. Enjoying the planes and the set-up with all my add-ons, while I know the ground scenery in MSFS is impressive.

Combined with the OZx sceneries, it is a great place to visit Gerold.

I have far too much I have bought to bin it all but the main thing is that I enjoy it!;)

2 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Very nice KDK.

Don't mention the Border.

Or was it the war.:D

Thanks Gumby, I mentioned the border once but I think got away with it.

Just remember too, that you started it!:lol:

53 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gumby, I mentioned the border once but I think got away with it.

Just remember too, that you started it!:lol:

How did you ever win this war?:D

Poor old Fawlty, one of the best comedy's in it's time.:lol:

cheers

Gumby

1 hour ago, gumbypickett said:

How did you ever win this war?:D

Poor old Fawlty, one of the best comedy's in it's time.:lol:

cheers

Gumby

Ah yes, comedy. I remember that!:P

Yet another thing that has been changed and not for the better.:angry:

Just now, boetie said:

Thanks for the great shots of my home, I was standing on that very groin at the mouth of the Tweed river on Sunday 

looking out for the RAAF flyover.

Cheers

Graeme :)

Glad you like it Graeme and did you see the flyover?

10 hours ago, TerribleT said:

18 hours ago, BradB said:

During the Lock down's for Covid , could residents travel between the two states (NSW and QLD) ? .

BTW - Two warm and lovely shots Martyn . :):)

Although a real pain in the ....... during border permits,  our biggest ongoing issue is the two time zones in summer. Half my staff live in QLD and half my customers come from there. Do you think they can get their appointment times right?

3 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Glad you like it Graeme and did you see the flyover?

Aye I saw it Martin, turned out to be a fleeting glimpse of a Super Hornet, nearly blinked at the wrong time :)

We had that one go past here in Brighton as well - couldn't see it - couldn't hear as I had my hearing aids out at the time - but my youngest son assures us it was there (my eldest couldn't hear it either)  .....

On 4/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, boetie said:

Although a real pain in the ....... during border permits,  our biggest ongoing issue is the two time zones in summer. Half my staff live in QLD and half my customers come from there. Do you think they can get their appointment times right?

The problems of living in a big country with different states having different ideas or in some cases no idea!

On 4/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, boetie said:

Aye I saw it Martin, turned out to be a fleeting glimpse of a Super Hornet, nearly blinked at the wrong time :)

A bit faster than the Cessnas and Pipers we see here!

On 4/28/2021 at 10:31 AM, TerribleT said:

We had that one go past here in Brighton as well - couldn't see it - couldn't hear as I had my hearing aids out at the time - but my youngest son assures us it was there (my eldest couldn't hear it either)  .....

That is good news for the pilot as he doesn't want to be seen if the plane is ever used for it's intended purpose.:lol:

Archived