Pulp reality

VH-KDK

If you live in this area , you can usually smell where it is . :wacko::(

Our large Newsprint mill in our area shut down last year for good , 200 folks out of a job . Not much need anymore for 

newspapers in a digital age . :(:(

16 minutes ago, BradB said:

If you live in this area , you can usually smell where it is . :wacko::(

Our large Newsprint mill in our area shut down last year for good , 200 folks out of a job . Not much need anymore for 

newspapers in a digital age . :(:(

Very sad to hear of the job losses but it is a sign of the times. There is indeed an unintended pun there!

It is more than 25 years since I read a paper.

Indeed the smell and at Burnie in Tasmania the old APPM mill turned the harbour water black. We had an interesting tour of the mill when my brother worked there. That mill closed in 2010.

9 hours ago, wain71 said:

nice shot, I like Martyn haven't read a paper in years let alone buy one, yet my mum (80) has one as often as she can, old habits I suppose...

Thank you Wayne.  I went fishing in the Northern Territory in 1986 and 2 weeks without a paper, never missed it and haven't bought one since.:)

21 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shot indeed Martyn. We had a Premier named WAC ("Wacky" as he was known) Bennett in the sixties and when people complained about the horrific smell he simply told them: "That my friends is the smell of money". Lol.:D

Thanks Karl. Obviously Wacky knew the priorities!:D

17 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great to discover these details in P3D, Martyn.

Great to inspire such discussions here as well. I read 1-2 newspapers every day, though in the local one most messages have been published online already the day before.

Thank you Gerold. One reason I like to fly outside of the plane is looking at the scenery and all the "extras."

Mind you I do pop into the office every now and then to have a sip of amber before it goes too flat and warm!;)

Sky News Oz for me with a few other commentators on YT and Odessy!;)

Archived