Jetstar VH-VQJ at Hervey Bay

Scott Harmes

@Chris.D

A post I thought Chris D would like, as he posted the cool photos that this livery is based on (Thanks Chris ;)).  Livery available now at inibuilds.com for the TFDi 717.

First the photos Chris posted:

72GQUDB.jpg

5agkzXD.jpg

and the TFDi 717 at Hervey Bay

tWTdzmS.jpg

2qacGMh.jpg

jFVOguT.jpg

6fB4cZK.jpg

jd5e0N4.jpg

VCEWMzA.jpg

b5ajuwe.jpg

XQtSmZ5.jpg

Cheers,

• Scott Harmes changed the title to Jetstar VH-VQJ at Hervey Bay

Great shots, great scenery, great paints - one of my nephews is a Captain (nearing mandatory retirement) with JetStar and he loves them, more than QANTAS and Ansett before them - although he does miss the fringe benefits Ansett used to have for their flight crews :ph34r:

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful images and some very smart paint jobs.

I can remember Jetstar starting out with the 717, they have come a long way since then!

49 minutes ago, TerribleT said:

Great shots, great scenery, great paints - one of my nephews is a Captain (nearing mandatory retirement) with JetStar and he loves them, more than QANTAS and Ansett before them - although he does miss the fringe benefits Ansett used to have for their flight crews :ph34r:

Hey guys.  Thanks very much.  Believe it or not it is one double sided paint job.  When Chris posted those photos I had no idea Jetstar even flew the 717, and I just loved the paint job, so I asked inibuilds to do the repaint.  It took them a while as source photos were hard to find, but they have done a great job.

Cheers,

Great looking paint and shots!

This aircraft left Jetstar  in 2007 after having been stored for nearly a year. It was transferred to National Jet Systems to operate Qantaslink services. It is still in Qantaslink service. The aircraft was owned by Impulse Airlines originally and went to Qantas when they took over Impulse. I flew on it from Hobart to Melbourne with both Impulse and Jetstar. Jetstar was started with B717s and they transferred to Qantaslink as A320 aircraft arrived and were allocated to Jetstar.

On 4/12/2021 at 10:21 PM, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool shots Scott!  The 717 will always be a Douglas to me though :D

Thanks Jack.  Yeah, that's cool by me.  I was always a fan of McDonnell Douglas and Douglas aircraft.  They had some amazing aircraft over the years. :)

14 minutes ago, Scott Harmes said:

Thanks Jack.  Yeah, that's cool by me.  I was always a fan of McDonnell Douglas and Douglas aircraft.  They had some amazing aircraft over the years. :)

If you look at the metal aircraft ID plate on the door sill as you enter a DC-9, MD-80 series, MD-90, and the 717 they will all say DC-9.  That’s because it was built with the same forms, the same flight controls, etc.

Archived