Stearman C3B - MSFS 2020

RichardLouis

Very nicely composed set of shots & the Stearman conversion looks stunning, Richard.

I have some queries about the conversion process & would appreciate your input.

Are you using Legacy Importer yourself?

Is it difficult to use?

Where does one find it?

Are there copyright issues with Golden Age Simulations as regards taking their P3D product & converting it to MSFS?

There are many GAS aircraft I would like to see in MSFS but I don't want to find GAS banging on the door one evening asking for their biplanes back!:)

Do the gauges work. [Not working seems to be the norm for the P3D to MSFS conversions]

Thank you

TTM

17 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very nicely composed set of shots & the Stearman conversion looks stunning, Richard.

I have some queries about the conversion process & would appreciate your input.

Are you using Legacy Importer yourself?

Is it difficult to use?

Where does one find it?

Are there copyright issues with Golden Age Simulations as regards taking their P3D product & converting it to MSFS?

There are many GAS aircraft I would like to see in MSFS but I don't want to find GAS banging on the door one evening asking for their biplanes back!:)

Do the gauges work. [Not working seems to be the norm for the P3D to MSFS conversions]

Thank you

TTM

Hi TTM,

Indeed I used Legacy Importer to transpose the Sterman C3B GAS.
We talk about this utility on several forums (Avsim, MS Flightsimulator, ...).
It is easily found by doing a search on the web with the words "Legacy Importer".
Personally, I find Legacy Importer difficult to use because I do not have the required knowledge.
First, the program transposes the model to MSFS format.
Then it lists the problems encountered and it proposes to correct them with check boxes.
This is where it gets complicated if you don't have the necessary knowledge to correct the faults.
What must be checked? I have done several trials with errors and success.
Finally, everything seems to work, the gauges, the lights, the contact points, ...
Only the flight model does not seem realistic to me (it is quite different from the one in P3D), either it is poorly transposed, or it is my incompetence which is the cause.
It suits me as well because my pleasure is to take screenshots. But if you want to enjoy piloting it, I would advise waiting for a developer to publish a dedicated model for MSFS2020.
Regarding copyright, the transposed model is only for my personal use. I do not plan to distribute it as either payware or freeware.

Richard

Archived