The Haunted Hanger at Bryce Canyon Airport

BradB

A tale of mystery and intrigue for sure involving quad bikes and airplane's even bicycle's .

LLdKvtv.png

F1SNa0P.png

bfGY1Dk.png

NGL0yJ1.png

2L9A3BW.png

I guess for some unknown reason I have more objects in this hanger than most . It does however make for a good Halloween tale . :unsure::ph34r::D

John

Wanted - By Interpol

Bradley 'Light Fingers' Brown, well known Sim Object Kleptomaniac.

For the theft of Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow 4, registration D-EMED.

Privately owned in Germany, D-EMED was last seen strapped to the back of the suspect as he attempted to board the Calais to Dover ferry.

Although he tried to exude an air of indifference, he was noticed in the Bar as he managed to take out a row of whisky bottles with a wing tip during a pivot turn whilst looking for the Men's Bathroom.

An attempt to get into the Ladies Room was thwarted by Mavis Bintchley, who threatened to rip his propeller off.

Upon disembarking at Dover he was seen on CCTV attempting to take off on the M1 motorway.

He is now rumored to be in the Bryce Canyon area, possibly hanging out in an oversize barn that really needs some work on the roof.

It is also believed he has an accomplice - Kendrick Hallway. Hallway is a noted artistic lawn mower thief who has a penchant for hiding them in plain sight. His work in PNG has been likened to that of the well known phantom painter, Banksy

If sighted, do not approach either gentleman as you run the risk of being run over by a Quad bike or bicycle.

Instead, contact Det. Inspector Totally Turgid Mind, who has made it his life's work to track down the above mentioned  miscreants.

He can be reached at Room 7, Burbank Center for The Obsessive Compulsive.

Or, he may be found staking out The Hangar, [G-d it could do with a coat of paint], in a bright orange Renault, designed to blend in with the surrounding foliage & airport workers.

TTM

318855985_Screenshot(244).thumb.png.fb8521266cb19ad71ccc84f870cdfc07.png

2 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Wanted - By Interpol

Bradley 'Light Fingers' Brown, well known Sim Object Kleptomaniac.

For the theft of Piper PA-28RT-201T Turbo Arrow 4, registration D-EMED.

Privately owned in Germany, D-EMED was last seen strapped to the back of the suspect as he attempted to board the Calais to Dover ferry.

Although he tried to exude an air of indifference, he was noticed in the Bar as he managed to take out a row of whisky bottles with a wing tip during a pivot turn whilst looking for the Men's Bathroom.

An attempt to get into the Ladies Room was thwarted by Mavis Bintchley, who threatened to rip his propeller off.

Upon disembarking at Dover he was seen on CCTV attempting to take off on the M1 motorway.

He is now rumored to be in the Bryce Canyon area, possibly hanging out in an oversize barn that really needs some work on the roof.

It is also believed he has an accomplice - Kendrick Hallway. Hallway is a noted artistic lawn mower thief who has a penchant for hiding them in plain sight. His work in PNG has been likened to that of the well known phantom painter, Banksy

If sighted, do not approach either gentleman as you run the risk of being run over by a Quad bike or bicycle.

Instead, contact Det. Inspector Totally Turgid Mind, who has made it his life's work to track down the above mentioned  miscreants.

He can be reached at Room 7, Burbank Center for The Obsessive Compulsive.

Or, he may be found staking out The Hangar, [G-d it could do with a coat of paint], in a bright orange Renault, designed to blend in with the surrounding foliage & airport workers.

TTM

318855985_Screenshot(244).thumb.png.fb8521266cb19ad71ccc84f870cdfc07.png

Caught on CCTV as noted by Detective Inspector Totally Turgid Mind we now have an image of the suspect in question, it is believed that this guy migrated over from Prepar3d to MSFS2020 just to steal the property from the hanger at Bryce Canyon! 

thtnmMV.jpg

Turgid hunched down behind the steering wheel of his Green '67 Beetle VW.

He had realized the orange Renault was conspicuous, plus Utah folk had never seen a Renault & he aroused suspicion whenever he drove into town.

He was backed in among the pines behind Bryce Canyon Airport.

He knew Bradb was in the Hangar, he'd been watching for 10 days now.

But where was his partner in crime, KH?

It was a calm Autumn evening. Violet vapor trails were plastered long & sinewy against a pink sky.

As the sun lowered itself behind the horizon, like a seal into a plunge pool, Turgid took another snort of Oxygen from his tank.

'People don't realize this place is over 7,000' above sea level', he muttered to an inquisitive squirrel, perched on a log waiting for Turgid to throw a half eaten hamburger, or Almond Nuts, out the window.

Off in the distance a coyote howled mournfully & inside the hangar, BradB played another solo hand of Solitaire.

About the time Turgid heard it, so did BradB.

He exited the hangar with swift purpose & gazed off into the East, & Turgid slid out of the VW & lay prone on a small mound of dusty dirt.

As Turgid held his breath, BradB ran towards the runway, waving a flashlight.

There was the distinctive putt putt putt of a tandem microlight heading towards Bryce.

'He's too lean', Turgid muttered to himself, his binoculars picking up the Microlight way out.

As it drew closer he could make out the pilot, wearing a WWI aviators cap & goggles, but it was the passenger that caught his attention.

White silk scarf streaming in the slip stream, dangerously flirting with the propeller, she was clad in black framed Rinaldi sun glasses & a shockingly red mini skirt.

TTM

12 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

the plot thickens, wheres Mulder and Scully when you need them, great shots tooo

Incognito B)

BeBtq9K.png

8FFYzIa.png

Me - I snuck in as a 747 ..... just a quick redo and a bit of paint and the magic happened . :rolleyes:

Shh ... don't tell these two. I'm trying to find out what they're up to. ;)

8NDRfSl.png

The landing was a series of bunny hops down the runway followed by a screeching swerve towards the hangar.

BB had to dive out of the way & was still shaking dust off himself when the microlight stopped at the hangar entrance.

The engine gave a series of coughs & sighs, then a final sigh.

Under the prominent night light.

A tall elderly gent alighted & ripped his WW1 goggles & helmet from his head.

He let out a whistle that sounded like a long distant freight train. "Geez Louise, that was hairy!" he exclaimed in a broad Australian nasal twang.

"Kendrick!", BB yelled. "I didn't recognize you. Your face looks so", BB hesitated, "well, so lived in now!!", he shouted.

TT pressed himself against the exterior hangar wall & slid as far to the front as he could without discovery, so that he might hear the riveting discourse.

At that moment there was a demure cough.

"Gentlemen?"

BB turned to see the Lady in Shocking Red, now to be known as LSR, extending a manicured hand. BB could not help but notice that her nails were painted black, her scarf shimmered under the Hangar's single light bulb & that she was wearing 13 pairs of panty hose.

TTM

LSR looked up sharply.

She looked up sharply because she was still strapped into Kendrick's microlight.

"How do you know!?", she demanded of BB

"What?", BB responded, somewhat defensively.

"How do you know I have on 13 pairs of panty hose!!", LSR's voice rose in indignation.

"I have an eye for detail!", BB retorted.

"It's her flying suit mate!", Kendrick laughed, slapping BB on the back with such force, 2 fillings shot out.

"Damn!", BB exclaimed.

Kendrick turned & looked into the hangar.

The hairs on the back of his neck stood on end.

TTM

As the hairs on the back of Kendrick's neck wafted slowly in a drifty breeze that was drifting in from the Canyons, BB took a step backwards & stared off into the middle distance.

"What?", he demanded defensively.

Kendrick waved a hand towards the inner Hangar.

"Something's not quite right here, mate!?"

& the 'mate' was more a snarl than a question.

BB desperately sought to divert Kendrick's attention.

Suddenly he pointed at LSR.

"Who is this!?", he exclaimed.

Kendrick turned to LSR, still strapped into the microlight.

"Why, this is Mimi, my Personal Assistant!", Kendrick smiled.

"Ha!", BB shouted at him. "Expect me to believe that!!" "I've known you for what, 20 years?, & have you ever dated anyone other than Aussie barmaids who shear Merinos on the weekend with the clippers in one hand & a can of Fosters & a smoke in the other hand!", BB yelled at Kendrick.

"BB, Mate, calm down. I gave up the barmaids long ago, they took too much out of me.

& this - he pointed deliberately at the T-Tail Quad Bike & Bicycle.

If Saint Rick learns of this your toast!!"

TTM

"I thought you would be pleased that I'd fleshed out your Bryce!", BB stammered.

"Mate!", Kendrick sighed. "Let me tell you how it is!"

He paused to light a Cigarillo & blew smoke indifferently, in all directions at once.

"Roarbix, for whom I am a Premier Developer, is very strict about its product!

Free lance add ons are a no no!! 

I get paid by the number of original items I place at the airfield!

I was lounging on a beach in Bali 2 days ago when I got an hysterical call from the Roarbix accounting department. Your 'extras' crashed their payroll program because the airfield scan object tally did not match the template.

They found 3 extra items.

There was a high alert.

QC got involved.

They had to call VJ back. He was scaling Everest!

15' from the top & he had to turn back!! The marvels of satellite radio!

Nearly crashed his Morris Minor driving back from St Tropez, after arriving there on a private jet!"

"But, but!", BB replied "I thought VJ drove a Lamborghini Gallardo?"

"He used to, but he's had his mid life look in the mirror & dropped 150Lbs over night!"

"My gosh, how did he do that?", BB demanded

"The official story at Roarbix is exercise & diet, but believe me, you don't drop 150Lbs overnight on that. No!, one of our Agents spotted him entering a clinic in Bucharest!"

"Shh!!", LSR hissed.

Kendrick stopped, startled. He had forgotten she was there.

TTM

As Kendrick & BB helped LSR from the microlight, Kendrick mouthed 'liposuction', while her back was turned.

BB nodded & raised an eyebrow.

But Kendrick hadn't finished.

He suddenly reached inside his designer flying suit & pulled out a photo.

Holding it in front of BB's face he barked, 'This is a Roarbix thermal image of the terminal. There are 4 objects in there that I didn't put there!

Care to explain?"

BB went as white as the driven snow that would wearily lay down on the airfield in January.

"I don't think that is necessary, I'm sure its furniture!", he sniffed.

LSR laughed.

TT, meanwhile, had managed to slide his way to the very front edge of the hangar & could clearly hear the discussion.

As he was about to lean around the corner he felt a soft but firm hoof on his right forearm.

Startled, he made to turn around, but felt a cold muzzle on the back of his neck.

"Don't turn around", came a voice from above.

TTM

TT did as he was bid.

The pressure on his arm released & a Moose ambled around to the front of him & smiled.

"I'm looking for BB. Got a 3 day gig in the Control Tower!"

He seemed pleased.

"What!?", TT replied.

The Moose sighed. "Please don't ask me to explain it all. I just take the money & do my job!"

TT thought about it.

"Ok!" He was tired.

Living in the VW had taken its toll.

Shortly thereafter, matters moved apace.

While LSR fixed dinner on the gas stove, cowboy beans & trimmings, Kendrick & BB inspected the Terminal.

It took BB an hour to convince Kendrick that the stuffed Bear behind the Check-In  Counter, the stuffed Albatross hanging from the ceiling in a circling pattern, the stuffed Koala clinging to a ventilation pipe & the stuffed Alligator in customer seating, were all legitimate.

"Roarbix will not be pleased!", Kendrick muttered.

He was still muttering when there was a spluttering roar from the hangar & as BB & Kendrick ran back, LSR departed in the Microlight, clad in Kendrick's flying suit, hat & goggles, marking her departure with a raised middle finger & a trail of pantyhose.

Unknown to all concerned she had just received a coded phone call. "Granny needs you, now!", & she didn't hesitate.

Kendrick & BB readied the Piper for hot pursuit but it took forever as there was an air bubble in the fuel line.

By the time they departed, LSR was long long gone, flying off into the night without any navigation lights.

This left the Moose & TT standing  in an awkward silence at Bryce.

"Was it something I said?", the Moose asked anxiously.

TT shook his head. "Nope, I think there was an odd dynamic there & it had to be sorted. Placing extra objects at Airports ruffles a lot of feathers!", he opined. "It looks like BB broke Roarbix's Object code & they sent Kendrick to find out how he did it.", TT added.

The Moose looked crestfallen. "It's not your fault!", TT replied. The Moose shrugged his shoulders. "I guess I'll get some sleep he murmured wearily. It's a long way from Alaska!!"

"You walked the whole way?", TT asked.

"Caught a Greyhound Bus from Anchorage, much easier on the feet!", & the Moose allowed himself a sly grin.

They agreed to meet again in the morning.

& it came to pass that TT gave the Moose a ride into town on the back of the Quad Bike.

They parted with firm handshakes & a promise to re-unite in Alaska.

Yet deep in his heart, TT knew that was not to be.

2 days later he booked himself into rehab at the Phoenix Arizona C-19 Exhaustion Facility, (PAC19EF),

& as he waited patiently in the check in line he heard a familiar tune wafting through speakers.

"The highway is for gamblers, better use your sense
Take what you have gathered from coincidence
The empty handed painter from your streets
Is drawing crazy patterns on your sheets

The sky, too, is folding under you
And it's all over now, Baby Blue"

TTM

BB was quietly swinging back & forth in a hammock he had rigged in the hangar when a Moose head appeared in front of his visage.

"Don't get up!", the Moose cautioned as BB turned ashen.

"I'm Bruce The Moose!, I have a name now!" He seemed pleased by that.

"I have a message" - Short & to the point- & he pulled a crumpled piece of paper from his crocodile skin handbag & waved it at BB.

He cleared his throat, BB thought for a moment that the incinerator had tripped on.

Bruce nodded & held up the scrap of notepad.

"In rehab. Stop. No more words until BEOPM, (Bryce Extra Object Placement Method) revealed. Stop. Use TT PM. Stop.

"That's it!", Bruce declared.

He then mounted the bicycle & rode swiftly back to town.

He had a bus to catch.

Mimi was in Phoenix.

TTM

The meeting in Phoenix between Mini & Bruce The Moose did not go well.

Bruce sensed a frisson of tension as he squeezed through the door of The Blue Cactus Whole Earth Organic Sausage Cafe'.

It hung in the air like arcing electricity at a substation.

Mimi was in a corner booth , banging away on her Laptop.

She didn't even look up when Bruce slid into the seat opposite her.

He cleared his throat, a sound that was redolent of a 24 hour Draino pour finally unclogging a blocked sewer.

Mimi paused, looked up & scowled.

Just as Bruce was about to initiate social discourse, a waitress arrived with the menu.

Bruce hesitated. He noticed that Mimi was not eating. "I'll just have a Chai Latte' with a squeeze of beetroot juice", Bruce smiled his best toothy moose smile, which unnerved the waitress. She hadn't been that close to a Moose before.

His big eyes mesmerized her.

"So!", Mimi demanded, finally closing her laptop & looking Bruce right in the eyes.

"So, what?", Bruce replied defensively.

"So, who put the extra objects in the hangar at Bryce! Finding out was your mission!

Well!?, Mimi demanded.

My gosh, what a little firecracker!, Bruce thought to himself.

He paused as his Chai Latte' arrived, beamed at the waitress again, causing her to invoke a swift departure from the table.

"Well, its like this!". Bruce hesitated & gazed off into the distance, as if he was out on the prairies summoning the strength to take on a charging bison.

"I've been asking around. That TT hasn't a clue. I believe he is in rehab somewhere. Fried his brain searching for the objects.

Kendrick is still a possibility, but he's hard to pin down.

& BB denies all knowledge!'

Mimi scowled. "So, you don't know!", she exclaimed.

"Do you?", Bruce shot back, thumping the table with a well manicured hoof.

Causing the Chai Latte' glass to resonate on its saucer in the key of C Minor.

Mimi lit a Galois & her eyes narrowed as she slowly blew the smoke up Bruce's right nostril, such was the closeness of their heads over the table.

Bruce blew it right back down his left nostril, into her face.

He'd been around far too long to be treated like that.

Suddenly Mimi leaned back in her seat & smiled.

"3 days, get me the answer, or !"

Or!?, demanded Bruce, by now more than irate with Mimi.

Mimi took a deep breath, 'or it's Granny!"

The color drained from Bruce from the ear's down, just as the waitress brought his check.

Thinking she was looking at a leaking Lava Lamp, she threw the bill on the table, muttered, 'it's on the house', & took off back to the kitchen.

"They don't see many moose in here", Mimi told him as she gathered her things & left through the back door.

TTM

44 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

This is one heck of a thread. I don't understand all of it, but it's sure fun to read it all :) 

For some reason my hangar has a extra airplane and quad bike at Bryce Canyon , TTM

and Renault along with Ken Hall are scratching there heads why . 

TT was on day release from Rehab.

He was in a Goodwill store in the nearest town. Looking for an overcoat or sports jacket.

Winter was coming & he needed something warm. Plus he had a penchant for sports jackets, particularly Harris Tweed.

He had been looking for a particular one for 30 years. Saw it once in a sale & passed it by, regretted it ever since.

Pale grey semi herringbone pattern with a bright blue fleck through it.

The blue of a deep Norwegian fjord. The grey of sloshed snow at the side of the Notodden Airport car crossing. Touched with brick red.

As TT shuffled garments along racks, checking sizes, holding the occasional jacket up to view, he became aware that he was being watched.

He paused, & carefully rotated to survey the room. Not the rotation of a 787 departing Arlanda in a hurry. More the rotation of a Jabiru J160 easing off the strip at Toowoomba. Slow & deliberate.

The ceiling, corners, light fittings. His trained eye flicked about like a snake's tongue.

He couldn't spot any cameras. The only thing that looked out of place was a moose head hanging on a wall. The rest of the wall adornment were copper kettles & pots. On shelves.

He thought nothing of it, & having not found any garment to his liking, he was about to leave & had in fact reached the door, when he heard a loud throat clearing behind him.

He turned around & noticed the moose head motioning him over.

TTM

Archived