This Week's Meaningless Topic. #4 (Oct 3)

Hi all. It's that time you've been waiting for all week--a change in This Week's Meaningless Topic. With this one, you are invited to tell your story and/or react to the stories of others in a way that encourages back-and-forth conversations. To facilitate that goal, I'll stay pretty much out of the picture so we don't become a Rodger-centered thread.

This week's Meaningless Topic:  Which transition birthday do you remember most fondly? For example, for me it is the 66th birthday--the year it was possible to retire from a life of heavy demands, and ease into the current life of Meaningless Topics. How about you?

For me it was my 50th birthday just because of the big number.

I have always thought that once you reach that age you just start going down the mountain, so it was very present in my mind.

I even made a video collecting pictures ( all I had at hand) from early years to my 50th birthday last year. Now I think next birthdays will be just that another birthday celebration

Doing the video was interesting, seeing how much one change in time

Cheers mates

Carlos

35 minutes ago, carlosqr said:

For me it was my 50th birthday just because of the big number.

I have always thought that once you reach that age you just start going down the mountain, so it was very present in my mind.

I even made a video collecting pictures ( all I had at hand) from early years to my 50th birthday last year. Now I think next birthdays will be just that another birthday celebration

Doing the video was interesting, seeing how much one change in time

Cheers mates

Carlos

Can't help it, I have to speak up and say was one wonderful video. To watch your life (and you) progress over the years. What a great mememto. Very well done. Thanks, Carlos!

It was my 52nd. That's the day I walked out of the working world and I've never looked back.  Now don't know how I ever had time to work to begin with. So much to do in life. And so little time to get it done.

12 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Can't help it, I have to speak up and say was one wonderful video. To watch your life (and you) progress over the years. What a great mememto. Very well done. Thanks, Carlos!

Thanks a lot Rodger

It has been an interesting ride, in some parts better than expected. Still got lots of expectations for the future. :)

Cheers

Carlos

Mine was 69.  I know, I know......but it was the year I spent the most time with my kids.  Going to Ireland for 10 days together, camping and on my 69th birthday I surfed the wake behind my youngest son's boat at Folsom Lake, CA.  A blast!  (I'm an old, hippie surfer from the 60's....LOL)

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I remember each of the Zero Birthdays because I bought myself a remembering present

40 PA32 - 50 red Jag XJS - 60 - cruise UK to OZ - 70 40' yacht and sailed pacific solo - 

and 80 - an X Box

Menopause Boys Toys.jpg

Wow, John, can't wait to see what you do for the 80th :)

5 hours ago, John Heaton said:

I remember each of the Zero Birthdays because I bought myself a remembering present

40 PA32 - 50 red Jag XJS - 60 - cruise UK to OZ - 70 40' yacht and sailed pacific solo - 

and 80 - an X Box

Menopause Boys Toys.jpg

Oh, I missed the X-Box. But I'll go farther and ask what games for the X-Box--action/adventure?, exploration?. solitaire?, road-racing? MSFS2020?

8 hours ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Oh, I missed the X-Box. But I'll go farther and ask what games for the X-Box--action/adventure?, exploration?. solitaire?, road-racing? MSFS2020?

Absolutely - meaningless games like - Formula One - Fortas Racing 3/4 - Aces 7 - Sniper 1/2/3 - Call of Duty - Arma 1/2/3 - and Tom Clancy

- and a couple of thinkers - like Empire and City Building -------- and P3D for my then upgraded PC.

As for 2020 - its no secret - I am awaiting it on the new X Box Series X - that I pre-ordered on my 85th last week:rolleyes:

for delivery in mid November - after I have my cataracts removed on the 5th:(

47 minutes ago, John Heaton said:

Absolutely - meaningless games like - Formula One - Fortas Racing 3/4 - Aces 7 - Sniper 1/2/3 - Call of Duty - Arma 1/2/3 - and Tom Clancy

- and a couple of thinkers - like Empire and City Building -------- and P3D for my then upgraded PC.

As for 2020 - its no secret - I am awaiting it on the new X Box Series X - that I pre-ordered on my 85th last week:rolleyes:

for delivery in mid November - after I have my cataracts removed on the 5th:(

Hey John. Having had cataracts removed, I'm excited for you. Procedure is simple, only a small amount of discomfort associated, and really good vision afterward--just in time to fly the magic skies of MS2020. Good on you, mate.

Archived