Darrington (Ripley's Believe It Or Not)

andy1252

I really do hope all the Orbx stuff gets ported over to MSFS, the combination is magic. This is just a few shots from a typical day in the life at Darrington. You wouldn't think they'd need to, given the surroundings, but the local hardware store has a huge contract to import massive stocks of Siberian Larch. Once a week, the Mriya (with the special anti-gravity landing and kryptonite disk pads option kit) comes in with a full load (including a couple of tons of vodka - lumberjacking is thirsty work)  for the Do it Best store, conveniently sited next to the airstrip for this very reason.

It always causes a bit of a stir though, in a quiet and peaceful little town like Darrington . . .

vJpldzJ.jpg

"Cheeez, I don't believe he's gonna land that thing"

GTjtZm1.jpg

Trying to decide whether to watch or run for cover

Dc7dgxh.jpg

upADiYv.jpg

He's just spotted it too

mbGC9f7.jpg

36neEs4.jpg

ETertwx.jpg

oZLQZUh.jpg

"Engage AG Landing gear, Comrade First Officer"
"OK dude, but drop the Comrade bit man, we left that behind decades ago"

P8DzGFQ.jpg

"I can't believe he just did that! Straight down from 500 feet to landing in a couple of yards!"

FugOnn0.jpg

"and I thought this thing could manoeuver!"

mi3MPcl.jpg

1zPvisF.jpg

And the trucks are coming in to load up

Y4Vk8Kp.jpg

The plan now is for the Mriya to load up with chicken feed to drop in at Israel's Farm on the way back home.

Enjoy! I did <grin>

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain - it was your shot of the Pitts guy that inspired me for this (so it's all your fault)

7 hours ago, Dario said:

Amazing shots and story, Andy! It gives the dimension of how much you are delighted with this wonderful scenery. I agree with you: Orbx products ported to MSFS are indeed a magic combination. 

Cheers Dario, and you're not wrong - I'm like a pig in bad-word-deleted (as they seem to say on Avsim)

7 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Very imaginative story line and perfect shots to punctuate it all! :D  Well done!

Cheers Roger. I'm not anywhere near a procedural type of simmer, I just like to play in this fantasy world (as you might have noticed)

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nicely done.

TTM

Cheers TTM, much fakery involved of course!

7 hours ago, iflygary said:

In the world of Orbx and Flight Sim, anything is possible:D

Thanks Gary (?) and it certainly is. I've taken the Mriya under the Golden Gate Bridge and now landed it at Darrington. Maybe Elstree next . .

6 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great show, Andy. How did the wheels behave this time? :):)

Cheers Bernd. Different form of cheating this time, no actual landing involved, so I still haven't got that figured out. Still in early days of trying out that new converter you pointed me at, but I see there's stuff in there that mentions that problem so maybe I'll get it handled yet. That new convereter is a lot more comprehensive than the other one - a bit scary.

6 hours ago, BradB said:

Great post Comrade Andy . :):D

спасибо товарищ
4 hours ago, adambar said:

Well done Andy! :)

Cheers Adam

4 hours ago, lifejogger said:

Great post and super shots!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John

38 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Great shots. Wow that thing can hold a lotta Vodka.:P

About 250 tons, I believe!

29 minutes ago, JoseCFII said:

Had me at hello. Sold! I had had no idea that this was released.

Cheers Jose. If you mean Darrington, it came out today/yesterday (Sunday) but if you mean the Antonov - that's just a converted FSX freeware model

11 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Cheers Jose. If you mean Darrington, it came out today/yesterday (Sunday) but if you mean the Antonov - that's just a converted FSX freeware model

1S2. Got it today. I will eventually post a few pics of MSFS. I was enjoying and testing TE-FL. Thanks for posting the pics.

Archived